Training during PCT

savagery

Awards
On day 14 of a four week cutting cycle. 700 calories below deficit. 10mg M1T and 200mg 4AD transdermal. Plan to use Nolva and Clomid for PCT. (Going well... I can actually see a six pack creeping through, whereas a month ago it looked like I was pregnant!)

At the end of the cycle I plan to bring calories up to maintenance to prevent catabolism (since I will have as much test as a four-year-old girl). My question is: When can I begin training again? I don't want to overtrain right when i come off. Should I wait 3 days? A week? Two weeks? Should I train immediately but just go light or put in extra rest days? My nads are the size of peanuts so I have a feeling I am shut down pretty hard.

I do a five-day split, 12 sets/day, both on and off cycle.

Also, I'm 21 years old, if that makes any difference as far as recovery.

Thanks,
Savagery

PS M1T is awesome. So far no sides except really tight, really sore, really fucking huge muscles! And not too much appetite, which helps with cutting.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
My question is: When can I begin training again? I don't want to overtrain right when i come off. Should I wait 3 days? A week? Two weeks? Should I train immediately but just go light or put in extra rest days? My nads are the size of peanuts so I have a feeling I am shut down pretty hard.
You are correct the shutdown is pretty rough -- Don't expect full recover for about 3-4weeks. Hopefully you have your whole PCT supplements/diet in line. In terms of training, workouts should not go over 40-50mins. Do not train to failure. Keep this up for 15 to 20days (IMO). Use the period to test how much your strength has increased and stuff your face. I know you just cut, but still you want to keep your gains. Carido I would avoid for at least 2 weeks.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I also normally run a 5 day split, with 2 days off per week. Due to my work schedule, I only have time to train 1 bodypart per day. During PCT, I only train 3 or 4 days & decrease my volume by about 1/3 to 1/2. I throw in an extra offday if I ever feel I need it. After 3-4 weeks of PCT, I resume my normal training. It's a good idea to get your calories up before coming off. You may want to consider 7-oxo DHEA to use with your pct to prevent catabolism.

savagery

Awards
Have you had success with the PCT training schedule you described? What I mean is, are you able to keep your mass and strength gains?

I also normally run a 5 day split, with 2 days off per week. Due to my work schedule, I only have time to train 1 bodypart per day. During PCT, I only train 3 or 4 days & decrease my volume by about 1/3 to 1/2. I throw in an extra offday if I ever feel I need it. After 3-4 weeks of PCT, I resume my normal training. It's a good idea to get your calories up before coming off. You may want to consider 7-oxo DHEA to use with your pct to prevent catabolism.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
You will never keep 100% of gains, but usually keep about 90% with that method. I also stay off creatine on-cycle, then start again with pct. It seems to help keep all the size gains. I have been off cycle for 10 weeks & actually gained a little bit of strength since last cycle ended. I know thats nothing for a beginner, but I'm pretty experienced.

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
keep cals high , volume and reps low ,3-4 days a wk and start changeing routine, this is doing fine for me strength keeps going and going...

savagery

Awards
Thanks for the replies everyone. As soon as I go off I'll bring calories up to maintenence or slightly above. As for training, here's what I plan on doing:

WEEK 1: Just a few "warm-up" sets per body part.
WEEK 2: 6 sets per workout (instead of usual 9-12), stopping a few reps before failure
WEEK 3: Back to full intensity

My PCT is combination of Nolva, Clomid, and 6-OXO, so hopefully my recovery should be pretty fast!

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies everyone. As soon as I go off I'll bring calories up to maintenence or slightly above. As for training, here's what I plan on doing:

WEEK 1: Just a few "warm-up" sets per body part.
WEEK 2: 6 sets per workout (instead of usual 9-12), stopping a few reps before failure
WEEK 3: Back to full intensity

My PCT is combination of Nolva, Clomid, and 6-OXO, so hopefully my recovery should be pretty fast!
If you only do "warm-up" sets in the first week post cycle, you're setting yourself up for losses in strength IMO. You definitely need to cut volume by at least 1/3, but you should still be hitting it pretty intense. Like stop A rep short of failure, and still use heavy weights. End you're cycle on an off training day, take one or two more days off, and then start you're lower volume/intensity workouts.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you only do "warm-up" sets in the first week post cycle, you're setting yourself up for losses in strength IMO. You definitely need to cut volume by at least 1/3, but you should still be hitting it pretty intense. Like stop A rep short of failure, and still use heavy weights. End you're cycle on an off training day, take one or two more days off, and then start you're lower volume/intensity workouts.
BUMP! SS is right, keep intensity up, just lower volume some. Post cycle it's important to let your body know you NEED that muscle, without overtraining. Think hardgainer training. My first PCT, I lowered my weights and kept the volume up - big mistake. It was hard to get my strength back up after that.