Toning up and bulking up.

LSUrob102

Awards
What is a good way to tone up and bulk up. I've been working out for about 6 months now

napalm

napalm

Awards
bulk = food

tone = no such thing, there's only stronger and weaker. pick a good program and stick with it. patience, patience, patience

good luck...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What is a good way to tone up and bulk up. I've been working out for about 6 months now
"Toning" is a misguided term thrown around by a lot of people and there is NO such thing. "Toning" is either a) leaning out, b) gaining muscle, or c) leaning out and gaining muscle simultaneously (i.e. known as "Recomping"). Sounds like you want option c - whilst is IS possible, it is usually only ever achieved by very experienced trainees who know how to manipulate everything re nutrition and training (but ESPECIALLY NUTRITION) PERFECTLY for THEM specifically. Newbies can often recomp as well, but it is completely UNintentional and only because they are doing something new that their body is not used to.

If you want to recomp, then I recommend that you start experimenting to see what works best for YOUR body (you'll need to know your body very well and how it responds to everything from nutrition to training), adjusting things on a weekly basis dependent on your progress and results from that week. Remember that if your primary goal is to "bulk up", then you WILL gain some bodyfat with it, and even if you recomp, you may still gain some bodyfat, albeit not as much as if you did a "traditional bulk". Gains will also come a lot slower, so you have to be patient.

As with everything, you have to be CONSISTENT in what you do.

If you don't know what you're doing or would rather not bother trying things for yourself, you can always get a trainer to design and create an INDIVIDUALIZE Training Programme AND Nutrition Plan for you that takes into account YOUR SPECIFIC GOALS AND NEEDS.

~Rosie~