To The Hollywood Bunch

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
well, it ain't the philosophies, as you can look at either side and say there are "loathsome" elements... which is why so many people, aligned with one party or another, always run to the middle... it ain't necessarily the philosophies, it's the individual who misinterprets them, on either side.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established

That article is a left wing propaganda piece; plain and simple. Liberals stand for all the freedoms; conservatives for all that's repressive in this country. Actually we can thank the liberals for the freedom to remove God from the classroom; for freeing the gay community into an outspoken, vicious "minority," and the death of millions of innocent babies every year. They call the last one "freedom" of choice. Problem is, the person getting executed has no choice. Typical of twisted liberal logic regarding almost all "freedoms." Yep, add up all the freedoms brought about by the misguided liberal community, and you have the lack of morality and personal safety we experience today. No longer can you leave your kids out until 10pm on Halloween, like when I was a kid. Hell, you better not let them walk around the block in broad daylight if you expect to see them again. Thank you my liberal friends. We owe this all to you. :rolleyes:

I know there are fine Democrats out there. But they are usually conservative by nature. John F. Kennedy was an example. But I can have no respect for the twisted modern liberal views, as I see these as the root cause of the depravity and moral decay we see in this nation today.
:gore:

Jesse, this is in no way aimed at you, as you are one of my best friends on this board, and I know you are a fine person as well. But I can't understand your strong defense of so many loathsome liberal philosophies.
My new fuhrer

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Biggin

because hollywood is overflowing with irrational moronic dipshits. that's the point, this isn't liberal bashing... I myself am quite liberal, and idealist in many ways... but these folks give freedom of speech a bad rap... simply because overpaid and undereducated entertainers receive the most media attention and can potentially have a fart heard round the world, does NOT mean they shouldn't exercise restraint, especially when they hardly know what they're talking about.

should NOT exercise restraint or should?

h19

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
they should absolutely restrain themselves when they know they will be given brief time on national television, NOT to report news or their own personal philosophies, but to simply thank the "Academy" and the occasional director or family member, and realize they're only being televised and covered so that they can put pretty pictures in magazines to sell.

khafra

Awards
Sorry, but read it again, hamper-- "does NOT mean they shouldn't exercise restrain" makes perfect grammatic sense. The rest of the post makes perfect political sense, too. Most actors are well-intentioned people whose egos hide from them how they don't function too well outside their chosen field.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
ok sorry my bad..i just got home and was skimming over it real quick

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established

That article is a left wing propaganda piece; plain and simple. Liberals stand for all the freedoms; conservatives for all that's repressive in this country. Actually we can thank the liberals for the freedom to remove God from the classroom; for freeing the gay community into an outspoken, vicious "minority," and the death of millions of innocent babies every year. They call the last one "freedom" of choice. Problem is, the person getting executed has no choice. Typical of twisted liberal logic regarding almost all "freedoms." Yep, add up all the freedoms brought about by the misguided liberal community, and you have the lack of morality and personal safety we experience today. No longer can you leave your kids out until 10pm on Halloween, like when I was a kid. Hell, you better not let them walk around the block in broad daylight if you expect to see them again. Thank you my liberal friends. We owe this all to you. :rolleyes:

I know there are fine Democrats out there. But they are usually conservative by nature. John F. Kennedy was an example. But I can have no respect for the twisted modern liberal views, as I see these as the root cause of the depravity and moral decay we see in this nation today.
:gore:

Jesse, this is in no way aimed at you, as you are one of my best friends on this board, and I know you are a fine person as well. But I can't understand your strong defense of so many loathsome liberal philosophies.
well said Benz...one thing I'm really thankful for is that we live here in the US with all its problems...confident we can each express our views (however misguided :D ) without fear of punishment from the government. When I nowadays hear the term liberal I think of a person who thinks its ok for anything goes....and it seems to me that many liberals fail to realize that along with freedom comes responsibility...unfortunately too many folks...whether they are labeled liberal, conservative, etc. seem to shirk that responsibility....just my .02

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
the biggest problem plaguing america today... the lack of responsibility of your own actions...

its let america to be fat slobs who spend too much money and create too much waste... and then blame it on someone else

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by John Benz
You can't understand because you are making the gross generalizations that are typical of most "conservatives". I try to support my party and ideals without aggressively attacking the opposing viewpoint, a positive and supportive form of argument and defense rather than a negative and hostile one. I don't as much believe that conservatives are "wrong", but that I believe moreso in the liberal side of things.

Your conclusions as to liberal philosophies are amazingly broad and full of holes, but you know this. No one can accurately depict a whole way of thinking in a few paragraphs, and if they could it couldn't be that worthy of referencing anyway. ;) You have given your opinion regarding liberals, which I respect, but I disagree. I won't, however, do the same and make such bold and brazen statements about conservatives; ones that are meant only to discredit their philosophies without regard to complete representation of the issues at hand. The fact of the matter is I don't fully support every single view of liberals, but more importantly I won't suggest that every conservative viewpoint is wrong either. I lean one way, definitely yes, but I realize that reality is somewhere in that murky gray area of the middle ground.