Tired of the "Placebo" supps... What actually WORKS???

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Seems like amento is hit or miss. Some people love it, others think it is bunk.
I think that anything natural is hit or miss. Different body chemistry creates responders and non-responders to everything.

ahawk01

ahawk01

Banned
Awards
I'm a fan of peak atp at around 500mg preworkout. Something that's not talked about a ton

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
No supplement directly builds muscle or lowers fat... It's hard to even comment on these topics when people think protein powders are a substitute for freakin fairy dust, "I've even replaced my protein with whole food and make better gains"..... Lulz
I'm not knocking anyone, but most people don't bother doing their research and just parrot the dogma. So most of the time people blindly repeat what has been handed down to them. And then we all know the guy who "fo realz" knows what he's doing because some guy who is "totally swole" and whom he met through a friend of a friend guaranteed that it would work. BTW, if you don't know one of these guys, you might be him. Sorry.
I have seen the same attitude among guitar players.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I'd put the new Xtend Perform (taking 2 doses a day) and our new Joint Product Flexatril, against anything.

ahawk01

ahawk01

Banned
Awards
I'd put the new Xtend Perform (taking 2 doses a day) and our new Joint Product Flexatril, against anything.
Looking forward to trying perform. I have quite a few clients who use xtend now, and they're happy with results just from that.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
We played around with peak atp for awhile. Never did much with it. Had people on gram doses and didn't notice much. I'm sure there are some that respond well

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We played around with peak atp for awhile. Never did much with it. Had people on gram doses and didn't notice much. I'm sure there are some that respond well
I'm actually one that responded well to 400mg PeakATP pre-workout. Plus, it was cheap at a certain vendor (two for one deals) so I figured I'd try it.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually one that responded well to 400mg PeakATP pre-workout. Plus, it was cheap at a certain vendor (two for one deals) so I figured I'd try it.
That makes sense, for the price. We always struggled with the price issue to consumer.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That makes sense, for the price. We always struggled with the price issue to consumer.
Yeah, because of the deal, I essentially got 6 Months worth of PeakATP standalone for for 60 bucks. Probably wouldn't have paid more for it.

ahawk01

ahawk01

Banned
Awards
Yeah, because of the deal, I essentially got 6 Months worth of PeakATP standalone for for 60 bucks. Probably wouldn't have paid more for it.
Yep got mine on crazy sale. 500mg pills 120 of them for 19.99. That's 120 workouts using it so I was in on that.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I picked up a ton of Peak ATP when it was on sale a while ago, haha. I also like it, but wouldn't pay standard price for it.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep got mine on crazy sale. 500mg pills 120 of them for 19.99. That's 120 workouts using it so I was in on that.
There's a BOGO sale now; $19.99 for 60 400mg caps. $10 per month if dosing daily, which isn't bad.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Another bump for Citirulline Malate. There was noticeable performance increase in my triathlon training last summer when I added 6g bulk preworkout.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I always find that when people look to supplements to noticibly increase muscle mass, they end up being disappointed. I find that they instead help fuel the mindset of a bulk, or improve quality of life in other ways.

For instance, a test booster may not boost test enough to help pack on the pounds but it might help improve your mental ability, libido and well being so that you actually work harder in the gym.

same as a GH product - we know that it isnt going to increase muscle mass but we do know that it can improve sleep, recovery and well being, all which can translate into more productive gym sessions.

It all depends on what you expect
Well said !

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I picked up a ton of Peak ATP when it was on sale a while ago, haha. I also like it, but wouldn't pay standard price for it.
Best ATP product after that deal is Myosynergy Elite 400 ATP plus much more

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tired of the "Placebo" supps... What actually WORKS???

Millenium Sport Technologies has products that contain Peak ATP and citrulline malate - PEAK ATP and CITRUVOL-ELITE. I've used both and am logging them during my marathon training and the results speak for themselves.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No but they are referring to a site where it is buy 1 get 1 free for 20$ right now. So add HICA, EPI, Forskolin , ATP and more fore 39 $ a month and myo elite is hard to beat, when muscle tech have there ATP product alone for around 30 and swanson for 20

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No but they are referring to a site where it is buy 1 get 1 free for 20$ right now. So add HICA, EPI, Forskolin , ATP and more fore 39 $ a month and myo elite is hard to beat, when muscle tech have there ATP product alone for around 30 and swanson for 20
yes, I agree...but many like to try a new ingredient solo to see if it truly is effective....sounds like you are enjoying myo elite!!!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Swanson's is BOGO ATM. That's a good formula though.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
What effects have you guys seen with Peak ATP? Good price, might pick some up and try.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Peak atp has been pushed since the early 2000's.

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm come to the point that the ONLY supp that work that I've noticed in 80% of the the lifting population is Creatine. I've went thru the forum and most things advertised end up being placebo..... most recently Forskolin........ I've even saw more gains off lean muscle from whole food rather than whey protein (to be honest I've almost completely stopped taking any protein powders).

What works guys?? Lets save money and buy the correct supplements.

What makes a body healthy is a healthy gut.
The only dietary supplements you'll ever need are those that make your gut healthier. And the 2 pinnacles: probiotics and digestive enzymes.
Those are supplements in the same way as water is a supplement, they actually are food and ultra necessary to a proper functionning and nutrient absorption.
You can forget eveything else and take these two for a 1 month trial.
I can guarantee that 90% of you trying it will see more changes than they have with anything else.

jathan_howe

Awards
What makes a body healthy is a healthy gut.
The only dietary supplements you'll ever need are those that make your gut healthier. And the 2 pinnacles: probiotics and digestive enzymes.
Those are supplements in the same way as water is a supplement, they actually are food and ultra necessary to a proper functionning and nutrient absorption.
You can forget eveything else and take these two for a 1 month trial.
I can guarantee that 90% of you trying it will see more changes than they have with anything else.
Can you give examples of what one would see from adding them

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you give examples of what one would see from adding them
Like I said better nutrient breakdown and absorption.
As you may guess that leads to increased metabolism and muscle growth.
Added benefit is less bloating and more comfortable workouts.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would just like to throw something out there. Just because you can't feel something does not mean it's not working. It could in face be having a subtle favorable effect. To what degree is questionable, debate able and often user dependent

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Very little is understood about the Gut. There is no doubt of its importance, but advice on specific strains and what to do to help, is difficult. A lot of significant medical treatments will come from future study of it.

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very little is understood about the Gut. There is no doubt of its importance, but advice on specific strains and what to do to help, is difficult. A lot of significant medical treatments will come from future study of it.
An advice on supplementing with probiotics and enzymes in our enzyme-depleting chemical food world is neither questionable nor difficult: it is just straightforward and its benefits are just as straightforward. No need to wait for a future scientific unveiling to treat your body with this life-extending solution.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
An advice on supplementing with probiotics and enzymes in our enzyme-depleting chemical food world is neither questionable nor difficult: it is just straightforward and its benefits are just as straightforward. No need to wait for a future scientific unveiling to treat your body with this life-extending solution.
This sounds like a sales pitch, lol.

That_TRT_Guy

That_TRT_Guy

Awards
BEST Supps

I'm come to the point that the ONLY supp that work that I've noticed in 80% of the the lifting population is Creatine. I've went thru the forum and most things advertised end up being placebo..... most recently Forskolin........ I've even saw more gains off lean muscle from whole food rather than whey protein (to be honest I've almost completely stopped taking any protein powders).

I belive that Thyroid/adrenal/liver function are and most important thing to consider when trying to attain any goal with the body.
The above three systems are what signal the release of enzymes & hormones that transport, absorb or convert all the things that we put into our body, and must function optimally if we want 'INSERT PRODUCT HERE' to be utilized by the receptor sites and cells in the body.
Bloodwork, and the ability to have you T3/TR3 in an optimal range is crucial....after that

any supp that 'works' does at least 1 of 3 things

(1) thing that fills a void or deficiency in your diet/natural intake with improve overall function. ( DIGESTION/ABSORPTION, SLEEP/REPAIR )
(DIGESTION) Food, Magnesium, Creatine, Zinc, copper , b12, Ginger, OX-bile/Fiber for healthy gut flora etc.
(SLEEP/Repair) Food, Meltonin, L-theanini, Agmatine sulfate, Phenibut, ASHWAGANDA, Creatine, Zinc, copper , b12, VitD3 etc.
(LIVER/KIDNEY/ADRENAL) SLEEP, WATER, NAC, Vit c, Niacin, Glutathione, TUDCA, Taurine,

(2) things that stimulate production of additional response by the nervous system via enzymes/hormones for either the:
Sympathetic ( Inflamatory,energy, adrenaline, coritsol) or
Parasympathetic (Anti-inflamatory, digest,repair, sleep)
.....Sympathetic, Stims like, stress, Caffiene, dmaa, mdma, cortisol inducers, choline/inositol, Yohimbine, Ephedrine HCL
.....Parasympathetic, Ashwaganda root, Phenibut, RHODIOLA ROSEA ,CARBS, Green tea, hydration,

(3) Things that that signal, convert to, of contain choice hormones , that target specific receptor sites in the body.
PH'S, DS, Sarms, Pharma Products .....im not going to provide any specific products as i believe doing so discourages research on the readers side.

:IMPORTANT: Any thing you take be it a stim of a depressant, must and will be processed by the liver/kidneys until either it is fully metabolized or a organ system starts to fail.

Take a simple pump Nitric-oxide based/boosting preworkout,, the consumption of the contained Nitric-oxide boosters (janus, free radical molecules) will provide added pump/ muscularity and intensity to your workout.....but... also increase the total load of oxidative stress on your body which in turn will make repair and recovery more difficult an you body will generally heal itself before trying to build new additional tissue e.i muscle

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established

That is my take. Creatine is pretty much the only supplement where I have actually noticed an improvement in performance. With a good diet and training right, I have never noticed anything significant from any other supplement I have tried. Maybe a little from a multivitamin, which I feel smooths out any kinks in my diet, but that could purely be placebo. And in 20+ years I have tried just about every single supplement and workout ever published in Muscle Magazine, believing the lie that "eat right, train right, supplement right, and the gains will come".
Eventually found out that I wasn't using the right "supplements"!

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This sounds like a sales pitch, lol.
Unlike a majority of posters on anabolicminds I don't answer a question by giving a brand name, I advise generic products.
I sometimes have the feeling that all threads are packed with company reps longing for the next question.
I even wonder if they don't start the threads themselves and answer with different accounts.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Unlike a majority of posters on anabolicminds I don't answer a question by giving a brand name, I advise generic products.
I sometimes have the feeling that all threads are packed with company reps longing for the next question.
I even wonder if they don't start the threads themselves and answer with different accounts.
It was just the last sentence that I read that way haha

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Take a simple pump Nitric-oxide based/boosting preworkout,, the consumption of the contained Nitric-oxide boosters (janus, free radical molecules) will provide added pump/ muscularity and intensity to your workout.....but... also increase the total load of oxidative stress on your body which in turn will make repair and recovery more difficult an you body will generally heal itself before trying to build new additional tissue e.i muscle
When you say "free radicals" in this context, are you talking about nitrosamines from consumption of high nitrate doses when chasing pumps or is there more we should be aware of?

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I have a medical arm of my business. I've funded a ton of studies ranging from cancer to angelman's syndrome. Doing human trials this year on both of those actually. I have a team of doctors, have set on numerous panels with talks about gut health. Anyone that thinks taking a random pro/pre biotic is going to be a cure all, is crazy. There is so little we understand. As individual strains are increased, it creates a sliding scale of other issues with new imbalances. There are overall strategies that can improve gut health through inflammation and generating healthy bacteria, but given most supplements in the bacteria area are dead, supplementing with them, won't have much impact.

That's why someone said it sounded like a sales pitch

That_TRT_Guy

That_TRT_Guy

Awards
When you say "free radicals" in this context, are you talking about nitrosamines from consumption of high nitrate doses when chasing pumps or is there more we should be aware of?

Yes N-nitrosamines, besides that basic inflammation that occurs, the super-physiological doses of nitrates but a strain on the liver and can deplete the peptide Glutathione from the system.
Glutathione is created and stored, in very small amounts, throughout the cells in the body and crucial to the IMMUNE SYSTEM (CNS/Muscle recovery & growth) as it transports toxins...say...dimethylnitrosamine from last nights hotdogs to the liver.
Where as Glutathione peroxidase it infuses said toxins into liverbile -->gallbladder-->intestines-->toilet.

Outside of that... maybe increased bloodpressure and taurine/ potasium depletion

MY THINKING IS NOT INFALLIBLE: i encourage those whom are interested to research as well :)

zv3

zv3

Awards
Things that work for me when I have reached a plateau and cant get over the hump no matter what I do, I go to these:

Cardarine
Millennium Sports Codyceps products
SNS Xgels
Anafuse/Ostashred
Mass FX Black

Just basic stuff that worked for me when I need to get over the hump.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Things that work for me when I have reached a plateau and cant get over the hump no matter what I do, I go to these:

Cardarine
Millennium Sports Codyceps products
SNS Xgels
Anafuse/Ostashred
Mass FX Black

Just basic stuff that worked for me when I need to get over the hump.
What brand of cardarine, or brands have you had best success with, also did you run @ 20mg per day.