TiM's Matcha Review

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thought I'd offer up a little review here for AI's Magic Matcha. Big hugs to Brucey for hooking me up with some in his little contest thread, as I'm still shocked that I've won.

Product info: I'll let you guys/gals look it up. It's worth a look, though. Ya know... be informed and all that.

Basics:

-Size of the tub is small, as is the scoop, as is the "dose". One scoop in 8oz of water is the servings size. Tiny scoop, big handed me, lots of interesting jokes and pics to be made for that one. I don't mind it, though. The container is round, the top screws off, it's black in color and that gains style points where I come from. The label is pretty, there are lots of words on it and probably a picture. Inside is a green powder. This isn't surprising considering that this is green tea. It's a very nice green, though. Not too bright, not too dull, just kinda "herbal" looking.

-Mixability - A key point in all powdered solutions, IMO. If you dump it into a cup and add water, it doesn't really mix. If you use a spoon or other stirring device, it does mix but not exactly 100%. Using a shaker cup, especially ye ol' blender bottle, is ideal in this case.

-Taste - It tastes pretty good! I have the unsweetened variety, because I don't like to sugar up my tea unless I want sweetened tea, in which case I add sugar and/or sweetener to the point of sending the average healthy male into a diabetic coma. The flavor is very much like green tea, strangely enough, but also has a bit of an "earthy" taste to it. If you're not a tea afficianado like I am, then you might not know the green tea flavor like I do. If that's the case, probably the best way to describe the flavor is GREEN. Yes, it tastes very very green...like other things that are green. It's not like lettuce or celery or grass or crayons, but a very green, almost herbal flavor. Dang it, if that's not clear enough for you, go out and buy some so you know what I mean!!

-Hot or cold? I prefer it cold, but have tried it hot. One scoop in a mug of hot water a la my not-so-magic-but-yet-still-wonderful Keurig and it was a bit too "green" in flavor for me. As a cold beverage, it excels. If you mix it with cold tap water, there is a definite refreshing quality to it. Mixing it with ice water is even better, but that's more work than I'm used to when I want a beverage. Seeing as I don't have a maid or a butler to do the heavy ice picking work for me, I just use the tap water and that is sufficient. I could drink this all year long, but I would prefer to drink it in the warmer months. It's very refreshing.

Supplement Effects/Benefits/Observations:

I'm a stim junkie, so if this is supposed to stimulate me, I can't tell. It is refreshing, however, and that's often enough to re-energize you on say, a hot day when you're cutting grass like I did the other day. It went particularly well with cutting grass, IMO, because the theme of the evening was green, I smelled green, had green on my boots, and decided to put some green in my belly. I enjoy color coordination. I'm an artist, so trust me on these things. Magic Matcha + cutting grass = Winning.

Other claimed effects: Too early to notice. I didn't really gain any muscle mass while using this in the past few days, nor did I notice a dramatic loss of bodyfat. If it is to reduce free radicals or something, this could be happening but I can't really tell. I'm usually pretty radical and often quite free, some might say as much so as a bird at times, and this bird you cannot change. Lord help me, I can't change.

Look, it's a picture of a cow!

And hey, Eddie Van Halen!

Other observations:

One might surmise that the premiere Japanese tea would also come with assorted Japanese traits like turning Japanese or something, but I don't really think so. I inquired whether or not Magic Matcha would benefit my already abundant ninja skills, but was surprised to hear that it should have no such affect. I'd like to dispel that myth right now and say that it has certainly improved my ninja training and I have noticed a marked increase in ninja skill over the past few days. I can now see better at night, am more stealthy when getting up in the middle of the night while trying to avoid waking anyone up in my house so that I can go downstairs and steal a Samoa without anyone knowing, and I've killed three bears with daggers over the course of the past 2 nights. My balance is extremely cat-like these days, which is a marked improvement over the oafish nature that I had just last week. I completed my level 15 training by walking on a wire between two high-rise buildings while holding a kite in a thunderstorm and shooting blowdarts at targets ranging in size from a grapefruit to a kiwi at a distance of 50 yds. All told, I am impressed with the heritage of the tea and its uncanny and unforseen benefits.

Of course, many of these observations and anecdotal, here just for your Friday amusement. Then again, they could all be true and I'm actually sitting right behind you right now, cloaked in secrecy and shrouded in lies. Or, I could be at my office and bored. Either way, this is my review of Magic Matcha.

The Breakdown:

Flavor - 9/10
Mixability - 7/10
Color - Green/10
Value - 8/10

Thanks, and have a good one!
:cheers:

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Thought I'd offer up a little review here for AI's Magic Matcha. Big hugs to Brucey for hooking me up with some in his little contest thread, as I'm still shocked that I've won.

Product info: I'll let you guys/gals look it up. It's worth a look, though. Ya know... be informed and all that.

Basics:

-Size of the tub is small, as is the scoop, as is the "dose". One scoop in 8oz of water is the servings size. Tiny scoop, big handed me, lots of interesting jokes and pics to be made for that one. I don't mind it, though. The container is round, the top screws off, it's black in color and that gains style points where I come from. The label is pretty, there are lots of words on it and probably a picture. Inside is a green powder. This isn't surprising considering that this is green tea. It's a very nice green, though. Not too bright, not too dull, just kinda "herbal" looking.

-Mixability - A key point in all powdered solutions, IMO. If you dump it into a cup and add water, it doesn't really mix. If you use a spoon or other stirring device, it does mix but not exactly 100%. Using a shaker cup, especially ye ol' blender bottle, is ideal in this case.

-Taste - It tastes pretty good! I have the unsweetened variety, because I don't like to sugar up my tea unless I want sweetened tea, in which case I add sugar and/or sweetener to the point of sending the average healthy male into a diabetic coma. The flavor is very much like green tea, strangely enough, but also has a bit of an "earthy" taste to it. If you're not a tea afficianado like I am, then you might not know the green tea flavor like I do. If that's the case, probably the best way to describe the flavor is GREEN. Yes, it tastes very very green...like other things that are green. It's not like lettuce or celery or grass or crayons, but a very green, almost herbal flavor. Dang it, if that's not clear enough for you, go out and buy some so you know what I mean!!

-Hot or cold? I prefer it cold, but have tried it hot. One scoop in a mug of hot water a la my not-so-magic-but-yet-still-wonderful Keurig and it was a bit too "green" in flavor for me. As a cold beverage, it excels. If you mix it with cold tap water, there is a definite refreshing quality to it. Mixing it with ice water is even better, but that's more work than I'm used to when I want a beverage. Seeing as I don't have a maid or a butler to do the heavy ice picking work for me, I just use the tap water and that is sufficient. I could drink this all year long, but I would prefer to drink it in the warmer months. It's very refreshing.

Supplement Effects/Benefits/Observations:

I'm a stim junkie, so if this is supposed to stimulate me, I can't tell. It is refreshing, however, and that's often enough to re-energize you on say, a hot day when you're cutting grass like I did the other day. It went particularly well with cutting grass, IMO, because the theme of the evening was green, I smelled green, had green on my boots, and decided to put some green in my belly. I enjoy color coordination. I'm an artist, so trust me on these things. Magic Matcha + cutting grass = Winning.

Other claimed effects: Too early to notice. I didn't really gain any muscle mass while using this in the past few days, nor did I notice a dramatic loss of bodyfat. If it is to reduce free radicals or something, this could be happening but I can't really tell. I'm usually pretty radical and often quite free, some might say as much so as a bird at times, and this bird you cannot change. Lord help me, I can't change.

Look, it's a picture of a cow!

And hey, Eddie Van Halen!

Other observations:

One might surmise that the premiere Japanese tea would also come with assorted Japanese traits like turning Japanese or something, but I don't really think so. I inquired whether or not Magic Matcha would benefit my already abundant ninja skills, but was surprised to hear that it should have no such affect. I'd like to dispel that myth right now and say that it has certainly improved my ninja training and I have noticed a marked increase in ninja skill over the past few days. I can now see better at night, am more stealthy when getting up in the middle of the night while trying to avoid waking anyone up in my house so that I can go downstairs and steal a Samoa without anyone knowing, and I've killed three bears with daggers over the course of the past 2 nights. My balance is extremely cat-like these days, which is a marked improvement over the oafish nature that I had just last week. I completed my level 15 training by walking on a wire between two high-rise buildings while holding a kite in a thunderstorm and shooting blowdarts at targets ranging in size from a grapefruit to a kiwi at a distance of 50 yds. All told, I am impressed with the heritage of the tea and its uncanny and unforseen benefits.

Of course, many of these observations and anecdotal, here just for your Friday amusement. Then again, they could all be true and I'm actually sitting right behind you right now, cloaked in secrecy and shrouded in lies. Or, I could be at my office and bored. Either way, this is my review of Magic Matcha.

The Breakdown:

Flavor - 9/10
Mixability - 7/10
Color - Green/10
Value - 8/10

Thanks, and have a good one!
Thanks for the review!

I use the unsweet and mix it with my recover pro to make a raspberry or lemonade matcha.... the health benefits are unreal, as far as antioxidents go.... 1 serving of Matcha is equal to 10 cups of normal Green Tea

mnowak1228

Awards
GREAT review!!!! Honest, helpful yet comical!! :laughing:

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

mnowak1228

Awards
jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
great you put up a review, but it's in the wrong section.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haha, wrong section....nooooob ;)
But detailed regardless....and my, time has not been so kind to Eddie...dannng!

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
haha, wrong section....nooooob ;)
But detailed regardless....and my, time has not been so kind to Eddie...dannng!
That's Eddie? I thought it was a Dark Sith lord!!

Thanks for the review man! I appreciate the effort and your views!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the review. As far as the green taste, I mix a little moe water than the label calls for. It justes like tea when I do it this way.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the review. As far as the green taste, I mix a little moe water than the label calls for. It justes like tea when I do it this way.
I guess in all of my comedy stylings, I forgot to mention that part. I do mix one scoop with atleast twice as much water. I drink a LOT, so it kinda stretches it out a bit more, and the flavor does work better more diluted, IMO.

And no, not noob. I put this in exactly the section that I wanted it to be in. I have my reasons... ;)

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Good review Tim

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Nice review and a good product. I wish it didn't have so much malto but I guess it helps with mixing.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Haha one of the most colorful reviews I have seen in a long time. Nice.