Tilapia - in the microwave!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Huge tilapia fan here.

Well, after years of painstakingly making in either on the stove or oven and stinking up entire house I finally decided to figure out how to make it in the microwave

Success. Not only is it EASY and FAST - it is he best most succulent moist tilapia I have had! :D

1) Spray large plate with Olive Oil Pam (I use a large paper plate b/c I hate to wash dishes)

2) Put "THAWED" Tilapia on it
(I use kitchen shears to cut Tilapia into bite size pieces)

3) Coat it HEAVILY with spices
(I use LOTS of Mrs Dash "Fiesta Lime", Sea Salt and lemon powder)

4) Cover with wax paper (important)

5) Cover both the wax paper/fish with glass lid
(This is what steams the heck out of it! Make sure lid is big enough and covers all the fish and presses the wax paper down onto plate to "seal it" for the purpose of steaming)

6) Microwave 2-3 minutes

Woooolah! I dare you to try it and not love it :D

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It is a CRIME how EASY yet GOOD this is.

More Side Notes

If you want it extra extra soft, where it falls apart, add a couple of tablespoons of water to the plate for more steaming action ;)

Add whatever spices you like just be sure to go extra HEAVY on the spices/Over-Spice it - trust me! The steaming action decreases the potency of the spices/flavoring.

Microwave 1 Tilapia loin for 2 minutes; 2 loins for 2.5 minutes; 3 loins for 3 minutes
- based on MY microwave which is average power

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
From totally raw to totally cooked and ready to eat

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
I've tried this, except I've just put thawed fish into bowl with lid , little butter , Cajun spices and microwave with lid on for about 4-5 min. Good and easy!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
sounds good that way!