Those who have used a variety of raw creatine powder types...

tre

Awards
I want to encapsulate creatine as a filler for a prohormone product I'm making. My question is, which creatines are "workable" enough to be capped? CEE is a little moist, which makes it not very workable. Creatine Monohydrate is not moist and caps well, but loading is necessary and simple carbs are also necessary for it to work right. I'm now looking into:

Creatine Ethyl Ester Malate
Di Creatine Malate
Creatine Alpha-Ketoglutarate
Creatine Gluconate

These are all good as you don't need to load or use very much (less than 5 grams). I'm just not sure which of these will be "workable" (not moist and easily made into capsules). These 4 are reasonably price in bulk. The other two I was considering are very expensive and not as common:

Creatine Orotate
Conjugated Creatine

Anyway, those who have experience with one or more of the above creatine powder forms, please let me know the physical consistency of those that you have used. Thanks

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I any of the creatines attached to a Krebs cycle intermediate (malate, AKG) or gluconate. I'm not a huge fan of CEE. Creatine malate is a best seller on nutra.

tre

Awards
I realize that these are effective at a low dose, but are they easy to encapsulate? I often see capsule versions of CEE and Mono, but not of the others. It's the others that I'm interested in capping, but I just want to make sure they are "workable". Anyone know the physical consistency of these raw creatine forms? Need to avoid the powders that tend to be moist as they aren't very workable.

BettrBdyMitch

BettrBdyMitch

Awards
there is no loading required with mono, contrary to popular belief, its just 4-6 grams per day is enough

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I believe gluconate, malate and CEE were all pretty similar in texture to Creatine Mono. They just taste worse b/c of the acidic group attached (Cant recall what Glcuonate tasted like, did 100g from the Ultaime Mass Stack , but I really enjoyed it)