Things that make you bigger and stronger that most people don't think of.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Being a positive good hearted person. Life is short - be happy or jump already!

Being OCD about my diet and supplements... I stash BCAA all over so they're always within reach lol

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Being a positive good hearted person. Life is short - be happy or jump already!
That's very nice and will keep you stress free and happy.
But i highly doubt that it will make bigger and stronger OR GIVE YOU A 365 POUND BENCH PRESS.:fool2::lol::lol:

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's very nice and will keep you stress free and happy.
But i highly doubt that it will make bigger and stronger OR GIVE YOU A 365 POUND BENCH PRESS.:fool2::lol::lol:
I've hit 400 plus... I'm pretty sure living a stress free life will contribute Bb'ing gains.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've hit 400 plus... I'm pretty sure living a stress free life will contribute Bb'ing gains.
So will saying your prayers and washing behind your ears, but i think there is a little bit more to it than that.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My father is a very carefree and happy person much more so than me, but i am much more muscular and can out lift him in every way regardless

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My father is a very carefree and happy person much more so than me, but i am much more muscular and can out lift him in every way regardless
Look, if I think being a happy person has contributed to BB'ing goals then so be it, lol i also said I am OCD with my diet and supplements. I strongly believe it is the little things which give a natural guy an edge. Doesn't stress raise cortisol? I am almost never stressed out but that doesn't make me a care free person. I care if I miss a meal or a serving of BCAA, lol. Not sure where you're taking this. I didn't come on here and claim living a stress free life is the sole reason im big.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look, if I think being a happy person has contributed to BB'ing goals then so be it, lol i also said I am OCD with my diet and supplements. I strongly believe it is the little things which give a natural guy an edge. Doesn't stress raise cortisol? I am almost never stressed out but that doesn't make me a care free person. I care if I miss a meal or a serving of BCAA, lol. Not sure where you're taking this. I didn't come on here and claim living a stress free life is the sole reason im big.
Well i can't stand it when people give answers that seem totally non specific to the question. That would be like my son thinking about becoming a doctor and asking what i think he really needs to do and me telling him "just eat your Broccoli'' and ''be positive'' and ''say your prayers''. Yes you're right being stress free can help with everything in life i agree, but couldn't that answer easily fit anywhere and not help with alot of questions. Just my 2 Cents

jontrainer

Awards
Stress can burn a hole in your stomach. Being positive definitely changes your physiology for the better. All the complainers in life always get sick. Doesnt anybody listen to Anthony Robbins and DR Wayne Dyer or am I the only puss!!

divo006

divo006

Awards
forgot to add this in, i heard from an older guy in the weight room that mustard (real mustard) is good for cleanseing the liver. he recommended a tablespoon a day

may not make you big and strong but will help keep your liver clean dureing those big and strong cycles

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
bcaa in theory can help, its still yet to be proven. And if your using layne nortons research...i hope your taking in 20g of carbs with those 5g bcaa. Bc that is what he suggests and his research suggests

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bcaa in theory can help, its still yet to be proven. And if your using layne nortons research...i hope your taking in 20g of carbs with those 5g bcaa. Bc that is what he suggests and his research suggests
The article / study I read didn't say a dam thing about carbs. That's news to me but who knows, these studies are always changing And I just can't always keep up.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The article / study I read didn't say a dam thing about carbs. That's news to me but who knows, these studies are always changing And I just can't always keep up.
ive emailed him about this
also in his presentation it talks about the correlation between protein synthesis response and carbs. Refers to the length of protein synthesis lasts as long as the insulin response from carbs. He suggests like a small bag baked lays or something easy.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ive emailed him about this
also in his presentation it talks about the correlation between protein synthesis response and carbs. Refers to the length of protein synthesis lasts as long as the insulin response from carbs. He suggests like a small bag baked lays or something easy.
Rice cakes to the rescue!!!!

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
Pumpkin seeds naturaly raises test.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
steroids

again

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol i know

ground beef

top sirloin

Olive oil

Eat the **** out of **** like this

EAT TRAIN REST= Grow

steroids or not ^ that combo will net results if you know what ur doing

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some of the suggestions in this thread have been moronic. Food? I am pretty sure everyone knows food is important and they won't magically get bigger or stronger without eating anything lol.

In hope of bringing this thread back to the original question "...that most people don't think of" here is one I have heard.

When on a programme design course with Paul Chek he claimed being on an unstable surface would activate 'survival fibres' and make you stronger. His suggestion would be kneeling on a stability ball for ten seconds prior to squatting afterwards. I assume the theory was the survival fibres would take you closer to limit strength as your body perceives it is in danger.

Makes sense as a theory. I tried this and didn't notice anything myself whereas on the Instant Muscle Strengthening Technique course with Charles Poliquin everyone was reporting noticeable increases in strength on everything demonstrated, even when students were practicing the techniques on other students.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Some of the suggestions in this thread have been moronic. Food? I am pretty sure everyone knows food is important and they won't magically get bigger or stronger without eating anything lol.
LOL your comment just made me laugh to myself. I guess it's 4:45am and I still haven't fallen asleep so it could be that I'm just delirious? I'm just being a ruhtard right now!

Food

No food

ken22

ken22

Awards
Stare at your right hand when you bench, I know it sounds stupid but try it.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I'm not sure if anyone's tried this but i go to last positive failure rep and then emphasize a static contraction close to lockout/Full contraction as long as i can followed by a 15+ second negative all the way to full extension and try to hold it as long as i can.(In a power-rack of course other wise i'd probably be dead and the pins in the rack will limit your ROM so you're unlikely to tear anything, it's really brutal so i wouldn't even take a chance with a spotter) It's EXTREMELY painful but with rest/recovery my guess is it'll do wonders. Plus after the set i have no doubt the muscle is gonna grow :saevilw:
I only do 1 set now too, I do a gigantic drop set with no rest it seems to be working really well. :)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
chrisrob05

chrisrob05

Awards
The key to strength is discipline and a balanced life of moderation.

azbetterman

Awards
OMG! I dont know what to do... something intelligent coming from the image of George Bush!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OMG! I dont know what to do... something intelligent coming from the image of George Bush!
Here's something intelligent, quote the post you're responding to so your post makes sense. lol

azbetterman

Awards
forgot to add this in, i heard from an older guy in the weight room that mustard (real mustard) is good for cleanseing the liver. he recommended a tablespoon a day

may not make you big and strong but will help keep your liver clean during those big and strong cycles
Almost everyone has their own secret recipes to BB success. That's not to say that it will work with you.
Genetics, drive, chemistry and nutrition have more to do with your success than anything you can buy.

jontrainer

Awards
working out in Zimbabwae because the gravitational pull is greater there.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Almost everyone has their own secret recipes to BB success. That's not to say that it will work with you.
Genetics, drive, chemistry and nutrition have more to do with your success than anything you can buy.
Agree 100%

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
working out in Zimbabwae because the gravitational pull is greater there.
Gravitational pull increases the farther away you get from the equator. The spin of the earth creates a negative counterforce against gravity, thus reducing it's affect. It's about .5% greater at the poles.

Thanks,

Your trusty anti bro science regulator