Awards
  • Established
June 15, 2007

Day 16

6:00 AM - 4 RPM + 1 Pro-Anabol

6:30 AM - ~ 10G of BCAA

6:40 AM – Delts/Traps

Superset - DB Side laterals (strict) and Bradford Presses
1 X 12 @ 25s followed by 1 X 8 @ 85 (Failure)
1 X 12 @ 25s followed by 1 X 5 @ 85 (Failure)
1 X 12 @ 25s followed by 1 X 8 @ 75 (Failure)

Bradford Presses
1 X 4 @ 95 (Failure)
1 X 8 @ 85 (Failure)
1 X 8 @ 85 (Failure)

*** I left my logbook at home, so I had to guesstimate on poundage. Used less weight on lateral raises but more on presses.

Behind the Back DB Side laterals (strict)
3 X 12 @ 25s

*** Increased top set

Superset - Rear Delt Fly (on a T-Bar bench) and Rope Face Pulls
1 X 15 @ 40s followed by 1 X 20 @ 140
1 X 15 @ 40s followed by 1 X 20 @ 150
1 X 12 @ 40s followed by 1 X 20 @ 150

*** Increased weight/reps. Last set was brutal.

DB Shrugs
3 X 20 @ 100s (straps)

*** Same as last week.

DB Front Raises
3 X 12 @ 30’s

*** Same as last week.

6:30 PM 1 Pro-Anabol

Impressions:

OK, so I left my logbook home because I was using it to transpose #’s to this log! Man, I was steaming…I’m a little anal about my logbook. Guys at the gym are always breaking my stones about “My Diary” LOL. It messed up my poundage a bit, but overall it was a good workout.

Once again, the pump in my delts and forearms was great. Rear delts were pumped big time. Noticed a little acne on shoulders. I am hungry all the time even at close to 3500 calories. My weight is up to 171 as of this morning.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
See attached spreadsheet. Gain in size in several different body parts...including waist! :(

HOWEVER, caliper readings are the same BUT weight is up. So, and I know this is a stretch, is it possible that I have increased the size of my abs/obliques and that is pushing out my waist? :think:

Any thoughts?
Since I was on vacation I haven't been following, but seeing that you are doing "Medicine Ball Russian Twist on Slant Board" this exercise will stimulate your obliques and could affect your waist measurements.

Other culprits could be on your stance for leg exercises like your squats and deads. The wider the stance, the wider the hips/waist. This is generally why I try to stay within should width, but primary take a waist width stance. JMO

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Since I was on vacation I haven't been following, but seeing that you are doing "Medicine Ball Russian Twist on Slant Board" this exercise will stimulate your obliques and could affect your waist measurements.

Other culprits could be on your stance for leg exercises like your squats and deads. The wider the stance, the wider the hips/waist. This is generally why I try to stay within should width, but primary take a waist width stance. JMO
I agree, I mean I can see my obliques are definitely larger than before. I used about shoulder width on both squat and rack. On sldl, my feet are about a foot apart.

I have definietly put on some fat though. I am ALWAYS hungry..I'm hungry right now! lol Can't wait to get home and eat...and I've already had 2300 cals :food:

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I have definietly put on some fat though. I am ALWAYS hungry..I'm hungry right now! lol Can't wait to get home and eat...and I've already had 2300 cals :food:
I can't stop eating.
I eat because I'm unhappy, and I'm unhappy because I eat.
It's a vicious cycle.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Another Austin Powers reference! LOL

I'm FAT B*STARD!!!

:donut:

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
June 16, 2007

Day 17

9:05 AM - 3 RPM + 1 Pro-Anabol SATURDAY!!! SLEEEEPP!!! :yawn:

9:35 AM ~10G of BCAA

9:45 AM – Cardio and Abs

Treadmill
30 Minutes
HIIT/Hill/Random Routine

2.06 Miles
368 Calories

***Pretty brutal workout. Lot of sprinting at high inclines. I am not a "natural" runner, so this is always tough for me, but I had very good endurance.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Wide Grip (straps)
3 X 20 BW

Close Grip Handle (neutral)
2 X 12 BW
1 X 10 BW

*** Was only going to do an easy ab workout, but the RPM and Pro-A had other ideas! :D Mixed the order up, good sets.

Medicine Ball Crunches
3 X 25 @ 10

*** Just wanted to do something different.

9:00 PM 1 Pro-Anabol

Impressions:
Weight is 170 today. Drenched in sweat. Good workout. Cardio was brutal, though the calorie expenditure would not suggest that. I have gotten several comments from friends/neighbors that I look more muscular. :bb2:

Tomorrow is Sunday and Father's Day. So go to Church and Dads have a great Father's Day! :D

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Take your waist measurement when you wake up. The food and fluid you have consumed throughout the day distend the abs. Also, the deads you have been doing may be thickening your lower back as well.
33.25" Sat Morning compared to 34.25" Thu evening. That's actually 0.25" less than starting measurement which was also done in the evening. Hmmm? :think:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
33.25" Sat Morning compared to 34.25" Thu evening. That's actually 0.25" less than starting measurement which was also done in the evening. Hmmm? :think:
Ecdy always tightens my waist so this is not that surprising to me.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Day 18

Father’s Day – ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI! ‘Nuff Said! :D

9:30 AM 1 Pro A

9:30 PM 1 Pro A

Day 19

5:45 AM - 4 RPM + 1 Pro-Anabol

6:15 AM ~10G of BCAA

6:30 AM – Chest and Tris

DB Flat Chest Press
2 X 12 @ 40s
1 X 2 @ 80s ***
1 X 4 @ 80s
1 X 7 @ 75s
1 X 7 @ 75s (spot on last rep)

***Felt twinge in left elbow again. I am obviously not warming up enough. I will start using a pyramid instead of reverse pyramid on flat db.

Incline DB Flat Chest Press
(3 hole on bench)
1 X 7 @ 70s
1 X 7 @ 70s

(2 hole)
1 X 7 @ 65s
1 X 6 @ 65s

*** Very lackluster Chest sets. Not very pleased at all with this workout.

DB Fly
#3 - 1 X 12 @ 35s
#2 - 1 X 12 @ 35s
Flat - 1 X 12 @ 35s

Dip
1 X 5 @ BW + 40
1 X 6 @ BW + 35
1 X 6 @ BW + 30
1 X 8 @ BW + 25
1 X 10 @ BW + 10

*** Nothing spectacular, but an increase from last week.

Tri Press (EZ bar on high pulley)
1 X 10 @ 200
1 X 8 @ 200
1 X 5 @ 200
1 X 15 @ 170

Impressions:

Weight is back down to 169.75. Lackluster performance today: very unimpressed with myself. Triceps pretty pumped today again. May have been not enough protein yesterday. Doubt it, I was just off today.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Impressions:

Weight is back down to 169.75. Lackluster performance today: very unimpressed with myself. Triceps pretty pumped today again. May have been not enough protein yesterday. Doubt it, I was just off today.
What position are your elbows throughout the lift? Are you doing any twisting?

Sounds like your tri's might be over powering you chest, would you agree?

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
What position are your elbows throughout the lift? Are you doing any twisting?

Sounds like your tri's might be over powering you chest, would you agree?
No, I "try" to keep my arms out and just push up...no twist at the top. I do bring the db's in slightly as I go up, but they do not touch.

Yes, I agree. I think my tri's are overpowering my chest. Any ideas?

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
No, I "try" to keep my arms out and just push up...no twist at the top. I do bring the db's in slightly as I go up, but they do not touch.

Yes, I agree. I think my tri's are overpowering my chest. Any ideas?
That is the only thing I can think of that might be causing the elbow pain. Is it only on flat DB's? Other than locking out at the top.

As far as chest. I would start with incline first, and maybe for your 2nd excercise I would choose decline.

Another strategy is to do double contractions: Lower the weight to your chest, press half-way up, back down, then all the way to the top just short of lock-out.

Or try these style of db press:
The Squeeze Press

You must understand one thing: your body is built for survival, not to be balanced and aesthetically pleasing. When you're lifting weights you're stimulating the muscles to grow larger and stronger. This is an adaptive response to physical work.

However, just doing an exercise doesn't guarantee that you'll be stimulating growth in the muscle you want to maximize. Your body is built for survival. When doing a bench press it doesn't know that your goal is to build a big chest. All it knows is that a big ass weight is trying to crush you and if you don't lift it you'll die.

So in the interest of your physical integrity and survival, your body will use the muscles better suited to get you out of this menacing situation. If your triceps or deltoids are overpowering your chest, then your chest might not get fully stimulated from the bench press since the nervous system will "shift" more of the workload onto the overpowering muscle(s). This is why some guys get a big chest simply by bench pressing while others build nothing but triceps or shoulders.

Just because you're doing what's traditionally known as a "chest exercise" doesn't mean that you'll be stimulating maximal pectoral growth. Sometimes you have to force your body to use the muscle you want to stimulate. This is what the "squeeze press" does.

It's a dumbbell bench press movement with one slight difference: the dumbbells are kept in contact with each other at all times and you're actively squeezing them inward (against each other) as hard as possible. This simple action will shift all the stress onto the pectorals.

It's very important to understand this point: you should squeeze in the dumbbells as hard as possible during every inch of every single rep. This is what makes this exercise effective.

You can use either variation pictured below. In the first, you need to use hex dumbbells and keep the palms facing each other. I find this variation to be easier on the wrists and to work the sternal portion of the pecs to a greater extent.

The second version (thumbs facing each other) puts a bit more strain on the wrists but activates the upper/clavicular portion of the chest more effectively.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
That is the only thing I can think of that might be causing the elbow pain. Is it only on flat DB's? Other than locking out at the top.

As far as chest. I would start with incline first, and maybe for your 2nd excercise I would choose decline.

Another strategy is to do double contractions: Lower the weight to your chest, press half-way up, back down, then all the way to the top just short of lock-out.

Or try these style of db press:
Thanks for the feedback XJ. The pain is only on the 1st set, very slight on 2nd set. It happens about half way up. Once I'm warm I seem to be OK.

I may try those, I wish my gym had hex db, because the horiz grip will kill my wrists. I may try the neutral grip w/ round db's.

That double contraction sounds cool. I assume you need to lower the weight a bit?

I definitely think that my tri overpower my chest in flat press and my delts overpower in incline.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
Nice Log PLAYA!
So you the this combo of RPM and PRO-A it looks like!

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Thanks for the feedback XJ. The pain is only on the 1st set, very slight on 2nd set. It happens about half way up. Once I'm warm I seem to be OK.

I may try those, I wish my gym had hex db, because the horiz grip will kill my wrists. I may try the neutral grip w/ round db's.

That double contraction sounds cool. I assume you need to lower the weight a bit?

I definitely think that my tri overpower my chest in flat press and my delts overpower in incline.
Ah, proally a warm-up issue then. I know if I don't warm up my shoulders they will bother me.

Well the lower end of any bench pressing recruits your chest. Maybe do working sets in the 3/4 range, or maybe add some pre or post-fatiguing to stimulate your chest.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
So you the this combo of RPM and PRO-A it looks like!
:confused: Huh? :blink: :lol:

The jury is still out for me on the Pro-A. I am waiting for the end of the log to make a decision.

Thanks for stopping by...vote whore :stick: :D

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Ah, proally a warm-up issue then. I know if I don't warm up my shoulders they will bother me.

Well the lower end of any bench pressing recruits your chest. Maybe do working sets in the 3/4 range, or maybe add some pre or post-fatiguing to stimulate your chest.
Yeah, I think I need to pyramid up and drop the weights a bit so I can do a fuller ROM. Maybe do flys before the press.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I am warming up for compound exercises, I generally do 3-4 sets leading up to my working sets.

e.g. Deadlifts
Warm-Ups
135x12
225x6
275x3
315x1

Working Sets
335x5
345x5
355x3

Arbitrary numbers, but you get the idea. I feel as though this helps the body to get acclimated to progressively heavier weights. I also do a feel set on every exercise to establish the neural connections of that particular lift.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Rodja!

I do the same thing for heavy comp ex too, squats, dl, racks...but with db bench, I never really did. I normally do 2 warm up sets and then go heavy. I think as my weights have progressed, I need to also progress my warm up. I'm pretty small jointed, so I need to be extra careful!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Rodja!

I do the same thing for heavy comp ex too, squats, dl, racks...but with db bench, I never really did. I normally do 2 warm up sets and then go heavy. I think as my weights have progressed, I need to also progress my warm up. I'm pretty small jointed, so I need to be extra careful!
I have had shoulder and back injuries so I always take extra time when warming up for compound exercises, especially presses and deads.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Day 20

5:35 AM - 4 RPM + 1 Pro-Anabol

6:00 AM ~10G of BCAA

6:15 AM – Back and Bi

Pull Ups (straps on weighted sets)

Warmed up w/ WG PD

1 X 6 @ BW + 35
1 X 5 @ BW + 35
1 X 6 @ BW + 30
1 X 3 @ BW + 45
1 X 12 @ BW

*** OK, left my logbook again!!! I was also ticked off for several other reasons, (see below) so I wasn’t sure what I left off last week, so this was a good increase.

Rack Pulls (knee level) (straps)
1 X 5 @ 135
1 X 5 @ 225
1 X 8 @ 315
1 X 8 @ 405
1 X 10 @ 425
1 X 8 @ 450

*** OK, same as above. Last set was definitely a PR for me. I had more in the tank, but I still had a long way to go. Straps on all except 1st and belt on all except 1st 2.

Low Cable Pulley Row (straps)
2 X 12 @ 187.5
1X 12 @ 180

*** This one I remembered, so this was a conscious effort to increase weight.

Lying Cable Curls EZ bar
1 X 6 @ 97.5
1 X 9 @ 90
1 X 8 @ 82.5

*** Good increase

Standing DB Alt Hammer Curls
2 X 12 @ 50s
1 X 12 @ 45s

*** Nice work on these. Felt very strong even after the long workout. Good increase from last week.

Impressions:
OK, I was pretty ticked off today for several reasons: woke up last night w/ stomach issues! Not pretty. So sleep was thrown off. Then I had to wake up earlier than usual because my boss wants me at work at 8:45 now, instead of 9:00 – reason – NONE! AND…they want me to come in at 8:00 once every 3 weeks. That will REALLY screw up my training. Again, for no apparent logical reason!!! Then I was ticked cuz I left my logbook at home!!! So, I took out all my anger on the weights and had a great workout. I felt like puking most of it and had to sit down between some sets, but I put in 110%.

Did not weigh myself today. Little acne on the shoulders. Dropped my cals to about 3200 past 2 days, feel like I’m leaning out a bit. OK, 8 days left!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, 450x8 is a damn good pull, especially for your BW. How has your recovery been lately? I have been noticing some awesome between sets recovery and during BJJ.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Damn, 450x8 is a damn good pull, especially for your BW. How has your recovery been lately? I have been noticing some awesome between sets recovery and during BJJ.
Thanks Rod! :thumbsup: I could have done another set! :D :dl:

I felt super strong and ready to go! I had to actually slow myself down a bit on some sets. I also noticed some nice vascularity on the front/top of my forearms too. I bet a double dose or your stack would have been off the hook! :head:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Rod! :thumbsup: I could have done another set! :D :dl:

I felt super strong and ready to go! I had to actually slow myself down a bit on some sets. I also noticed some nice vascularity on the front/top of my forearms too. I bet a double dose or your stack would have been off the hook! :head:
My biggest problem right now is trying to keep weight on me. I have dropped over 6 lbs since I started.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Wow! I'd like to have that problem! :D Based on your log though, it's fat loss, no?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow! I'd like to have that problem! :D Based on your log though, it's fat loss, no?
Yes it is definitely fat loss. Every measurement is slightly up except for my weight and my waist.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
June 20, 2007

Day 21

7:45 AM - 3 RPM + 1 Pro-Anabol

8:20 AM – ~10G of BCAA

8:40 AM – Cardio and Abs

Elliptical
L 12
75 RPM (last 2min sprint at 90 RPM)
Hill Routine
3.35 Miles
547 Calories

YouTube - Knees to Elbows
1 X 17 BW
1 X 10 BW
1 X 12 BW

Wide Grip (straps)
3 X 20 BW

*** Heart was racing like a madman after the 2 minute sprint. And I wasn’t waiting long enough between sets.

Medicine ball sit ups on Slant Board

2 X 30 @ 10
1 X 15 @ 10

8:00 PM 1 Pro-Anabol

Impressions:
Endurance was unreal. That 2 minute sprint made me feel like I was going to explode, but my mind overcame the physical discomfort. That what pretty cool!

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
June 21, 2007

Day 22

6:30 AM - 4 RPM + 1 Pro-Anabol

7:00 AM ~10G of BCAA

7:15 AM Legs

Squats
1 X 12 @ 95
1 X 12 @ 135
1 X 12 @ 185
1 X 12 @225
1 X 8 @ 300 (Belt)
1 X 5 @ 305 (Belt) started leaning forward
1 X 7 @ 305 (Belt)

*** Up to 305! Looking forward to 3 plates on each side next week! ;) Pain in my knees is apparent, but manageable.

Leg Press supersetted w/ Calf Raises on Leg Press
3 X 12 @ 510

*** Eliminated calf raises for now – pain in left Achilles tendon.

SLDL (Straps)

1 X 12 @ 135
3 X 12 @ 195

*** Up 10 lbs from last week

Hammer Seated Leg Curl
1 X 12, 12, 12, 20 @ 100, 75, 50, 25
1 X 10, 10, 10, 12 @ 100, 75, 50, 25

*** Machine did not have 4 quarters on it, so I decided this was a sign that I should do drop sets again anyway! :D

Treadclimber

15 minutes
0.8 miles
3.5 MPH
195 Cals

Impressions:

Pain in my knees is bothering me a bit. Have gotten some pimples on my back too. Cals have been around 3200. Weight is 170.

Had an impromptu back/bi w/o with a buddy of mine that I have been training: he’s lost almost 50 lbs already.

dopedan13

dopedan13

Awards
I'm about to be taking some of this stuff myself. I plan on taking one pill at about 10 am and then the other one at about 10 pm but I usually workout at like 2 or so. You don't necessarily have to take the pro anabol right before you lift do you?

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Day 23

9:00 AM - South Beach Bar

9:30 AM - 4 RPM + 1 Pro-Anabol

6:40 AM – Delts/Traps

Superset - DB Side laterals (strict) and Bradford Presses
1 X 12 @ 25s followed by 1 X 9 @ 85 (Failure)

*** Workout at a friend’s house. Really rudimentary set up, so weights may be off a bit. Also, his spots were a little too helpful :D

Bradford Presses
1 X 10 @ 85
1 X 10 @ 85
1 X 8 @ 85 (Failure)

Behind the Back DB Side laterals (strict)
3 X 12 @ 25s

Superset - Rear Delt Fly (leaning over at waist) and EZ Bar Upright Rows
1 X 12 @ 30s followed by 1 X 15 @ 55

*** Again, very basic set up, so switched upright rows for face pulls

BB Shrugs
3 X 15 @ 165 (straps)

DB Front Raises
1 X 15 @ 25s
2 X 15 @ 30’s

10:00 PM 1 Pro-Anabol

Impressions:

Spent the day at my buddy’s house and worked out w/ him. It was BRUTALLY hot and humid outside in his patio. I was drenched in sweat after the 1st few sets! We had a good workout. My buddy had a hard time keeping up w/ the supersets and I was worried that he might get discouraged. He’s already lost 50 lbs and has another 50 to go! I got a couple of good ego boosts though…his son said that my arms looked like Spiderman when I was lifting…the veins look like webs! LOL And my buddy said that I was at a “different level”. That was kinda cool.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
I'm about to be taking some of this stuff myself. I plan on taking one pill at about 10 am and then the other one at about 10 pm but I usually workout at like 2 or so. You don't necessarily have to take the pro anabol right before you lift do you?
Not necessarily. Just 2x a day about 12 hours apart. Good luck!

peece

peece

Awards
  • Established
Day 18

Father’s Day – ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI! ‘Nuff Said! :D

9:30 AM 1 Pro A

9:30 PM 1 Pro A

Day 19

6:15 AM ~10G of BCAA

6:30 AM – Chest and Tris

DB Flat Chest Press
2 X 12 @ 40s
1 X 2 @ 80s ***
1 X 4 @ 80s
1 X 7 @ 75s
1 X 7 @ 75s (spot on last rep)

***Felt twinge in left elbow again. I am obviously not warming up enough. I will start using a pyramid instead of reverse pyramid on flat db.

(3 hole on bench)
1 X 7 @ 70s
1 X 7 @ 70s

(2 hole)
1 X 7 @ 65s
1 X 6 @ 65s

*** Very lackluster Chest sets. Not very pleased at all with this workout.

DB Fly
#3 - 1 X 12 @ 35s
#2 - 1 X 12 @ 35s
Flat - 1 X 12 @ 35s

Dip
1 X 5 @ BW + 40
1 X 6 @ BW + 35
1 X 6 @ BW + 30
1 X 8 @ BW + 25
1 X 10 @ BW + 10

*** Nothing spectacular, but an increase from last week.

1 X 10 @ 200
1 X 8 @ 200
1 X 5 @ 200
1 X 15 @ 170

Impressions:

Get down on that sushi man, I love it too. My wife and I found a new sushi place OMG 70 bones later good stuff though.

Man, great log I'll try to catch up I just haven't had time lately. :clap2:

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Get down on that sushi man, I love it too. My wife and I found a new sushi place OMG 70 bones later good stuff though.

Man, great log I'll try to catch up I just haven't had time lately. :clap2:
Thanks Peece!

This place - Makino's in the Fort Lauderdale area - has super fresh fish, 10 guys making rolls behind the bar, 30+ diff rolls/nigiri...drumroll please...

$11.95
:D :head: :food:

Plus...Chinese buffet too!

peece

peece

Awards
  • Established
That is not even fair sounds awesome

i'm off to blast some chest if my stinkin shoulder will let me, it's hard to go light when you want to go :aargh:

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Spent the day at my buddy’s house and worked out w/ him. It was BRUTALLY hot and humid outside in his patio. I was drenched in sweat after the 1st few sets! We had a good workout. My buddy had a hard time keeping up w/ the supersets and I was worried that he might get discouraged. He’s already lost 50 lbs and has another 50 to go! I got a couple of good ego boosts though…his son said that my arms looked like Spiderman when I was lifting…the veins look like webs! LOL And my buddy said that I was at a “different level”. That was kinda cool.
Good job spidy errr wilman :cheers:

It is always nice running your partner in the ground, in a nice kind of way. Usually this motivates them :nutkick:

Then they get serious, and it motivates you some more, not to let them catch up to you :head:

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
That is not even fair sounds awesome

i'm off to blast some chest if my stinkin shoulder will let me, it's hard to go light when you want to go :aargh:
It has got to be one of the best deals in the WORLD!!! :D I love that place!

Good luck w/ the shoulder. :thumbsup:

Good job spidy errr wilman :cheers:

It is always nice running your partner in the ground, in a nice kind of way. Usually this motivates them :nutkick:

Then they get serious, and it motivates you some more, not to let them catch up to you :head:
That was so funny when his son said that! He said it mid set though! :toofunny:

I hope it motivates him. I don't want to discourage him. I thought he was going to have a heart attack. He's like a brother to me. I am very proud of him for making such a huge change. :bb2:

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Day 24/25

Out of town – no workouts. Dosed as usual.

Beach, Pool, and Universal Studios :D

Day 26

6:05 AM ~10G of BCAA

6:15 AM – Chest and Tris

DB Flat Chest Press
1 X 10 @ 35s
1 X 10 @ 40s
1 X 5 @ 60s
1 X 6 @ 55s
1 X 8 @ 50s

***OK, thanks to XJ for the tip. I tried the squeeze press for the flat portion. Definitely puts a lot more emphasis on chest. Weights way down due to new movement. No pain in elbow.

(3 hole on bench)
2 X 8 @ 65s

(2 hole)
1 X 8 @ 65s
1 X 5 @ 70s

*** Decent, nothing spectacular

DB Fly
#3 - 1 X 12 @ 40s
#2 - 1 X 12 @ 40s
Flat - 1 X 12 @ 40s

*** Up 5 lbs.

Dip
1 X 5 @ BW + 45
1 X 6 @ BW + 40
1 X 7 @ BW + 35
1 X 8 @ BW + 30
1 X 10 @ BW + 15

*** Increase from last week. May be due to less tri involvement in “squeeze press”

1 X 12 @ 200
1 X 11 @ 200
1 X 8 @ 200
1 X 18 @ 170

*** Same note as above

Impressions:

Weight is up to 171.75. Maybe be due to my less than clean diet this weekend! :D Nothing to report. A few pimples on my shoulders.

I like the “squeeze press”. Little awkward at first, but could definitely noticed the difference in the movement. This was actually a good workout, even though I was and am exhausted. All day at the beach Saturday, all day at Universal Sunday, 3 hour drive back home and then awake at 5:45 AM today.

My log will be done at the end of the week. I will post final measurements, before and after pics, and final comments/observations.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Impressions:

Weight is up to 171.75. Maybe be due to my less than clean diet this weekend! :D Nothing to report. A few pimples on my shoulders.

I like the “squeeze press”. Little awkward at first, but could definitely noticed the difference in the movement. This was actually a good workout, even though I was and am exhausted. All day at the beach Saturday, all day at Universal Sunday, 3 hour drive back home and then awake at 5:45 AM today.

My log will be done at the end of the week. I will post final measurements, before and after pics, and final comments/observations.
Nice review. Keep up the solid work :clean:

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback fellas. Much appreciated! :thumbsup:

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Day 27

6:00 AM ~10G of BCAA

6:15 AM – Back and Bi

Pull Ups (straps on weighted sets)

Warmed up w/ WG PD

1 X 5 @ BW + 35
1 X 5 @ BW + 35
1 X 4 @ BW + 30
1 X 5 @ BW + 25
1 X 12 @ BW

*** Very tired this morning. Poor performance.

Rack Pulls (knee level) (straps)
1 X 5 @ 135
1 X 5 @ 225
1 X 8 @ 315
1 X 8 @ 405
1 X 8 @ 455
1 X 5 @ 455

*** This was great, considering how poorly I did on pull ups. Straps on all except 1st 2 sets and belt on last 3 sets. PR

Low Cable Pulley Row (straps)
1 X 10 @ 195
1X 12 @ 195
1 X 10 @ 195

*** Again, surprising. I think that the RPM really starts to kick in after 60 mins.

Lying Cable Curls EZ bar
1 X 4 @ 97.5
1 X 6 @ 90
1 X 10 @ 75
1 X 12 @ 60

*** Must have worn out :D Totally spent. End of workout!

10:30 PM 1 Pro-Anabol Forgot it again!

Impressions:
Not very hungry today – been forcing it down. Weight is back down to 169??? These fluctuations are bizarre. I am still very tired from this weekend. I ‘may’ take tomorrow off. We’ll see. Probably not. I have gotten some more comments from people I had not seen in 2 or 3 weeks. “Hey you look bigger, buff” LOL! Purely anecdotal, but just an observation. I guess it’s a lot better than, “Hey, you still going to the gym?” :eek:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am sure that you have had a good recomp despite the number on the scale not increasing. I should have asked this much earlier, but how much protein have you been eating daily?

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
300 grams usually...trying to stick to 40/40/20 as much as possible. This weekend I was more isocaloric...pizza :pizza: :food:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
300 grams usually...trying to stick to 40/40/20 as much as possible. This weekend I was more isocaloric...pizza :pizza: :food:
Yeah, I sorta deviated from my diet for most of the weekend. Pizza and double cheeseburgers from Red Robin. Didn't miss a WO or a training session though.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Day 28

5:45 AM - 3 RPM + 1 Pro-Anabol

6:10 AM ~10G of BCAA

6:20 AM – Cardio and Abs

Treadclimber
Treadclimber Workout
3.5 MPH AVE
1.75 Miles
427 Calories

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
1 X 20 BW
1 X 10 BW
1 X 15 BW (straps)

Wide Grip (straps)
3 X 20 BW

Weighted Rope Crunch

2 X 15 @ 160 (facing away)
1 X 20 @ 160 (facing towards)

6:00 PM 1 Pro-Anabol

Impressions:
Still pretty worn out from this weekend…stinks getting old! OK, anecdotal evidence again – I “look” bigger and my shirt is tighter in the chest/shoulder/arms. Now, it seems that PA (not Patrick ;)) is starting to kick in. I have several small pimples on my arms and some bigguns on my back and one on my face! :( It may be best suited for 6 – 8 week cycle if run reg dose and stand alone, IMO.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Day 29

5:30 AM - 4 RPM + 2 Pro-Anabol (bottle had 61, so I decided to double dose on leg day)

6:05 AM ~10G of BCAA

6:15 AM Legs

Squats
1 X 12 @ 95
1 X 12 @ 135
1 X 12 @ 185
1 X 12 @225
2 X 8 @ 315 (Belt) PR
1 X 6 @ 225 (Belt) (narrow stance)

*** Up to 315! Pain in my right knee and wrists so dropped back down to 225.

Leg Press
3 X 12 @ 520

Calf Raises on Leg Press
3 X 15 @ 270

*** No more pain in left Achilles, but want to take it easy.

SLDL (Straps)

1 X 12 @ 135
3 X 12 @ 205

*** Up 10 lbs from last week, belt on last set.

Hammer Seated Leg Curl
1 X 12, 12, 12, 12 @ 100, 75, 50, 25
1 X 10, 10, 10, 20 @ 100, 75, 50, 25

*** Drop Set

Impressions:

Small pimples on my arms. Still pretty tired. After this log, I am taking a week off, if I can convince myself :D Weight is back up to172. My name is Wil and I’m an addict…ADDICTED TO ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI!!! Dinner with some business colleagues last night…I was an eating machine. My appetite has been pretty strong during this test, except for maybe 1 or 2 days.

Tomorrow is day 30 and the end of the review. I'll miss you guys *sniffles*