Thermogenics question??

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
i just turned 17, im 5,9 160 pounds and about 13% body fat. i have a pretty simple question that is, will taking thermogenics such as "lipo 6" mess with my growth or any hormones or have any bad side effects as im not really "an adult" yet? thanks a lot i need to lose the excessfat on my body and i need to know if this will have any profound effects on it. i never really advocated taking diet supplements but i need to lose this fat and ive tried intense cardio, eating right and my body just isnt built to lose some of this fat that hangs around. thanks again for your support guys. :)

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Doubtful, but at 17, you should have a metabolism like a blowing furnace and probably not need to resort to these fat burners. You said you've tried intense cardio and eating properly, are you lifting heavy as well?

Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Awards
sounds like your doin' all the important things, mainly, eating right & cardio.

What's your diet been like lately? Try having 2 small carb meals thru the day, for example breakfast & post workout. But anyway...

I highly doubt a thermogenic like lipo 6, or thermonex by bsn will hurt your growth. As a young gun in training, ya'd have a metabolism those older than you could only dream of. focus on getting your diet nailed down, clean & complex carbs, moderate-high protein. Thermogenics are mostly used juz for contest prep', is that what ur using it for, or something else? If it's 'something else', then juz drink plenty of water (since it could be water weight), eat right, get in plenty of low & high intensity cardio & hit the weights hard.

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
ive been hitting the weights so hard and before ive tried cardio like crazy for weeks at a time. ive eliminated the carbs for post workout and breakfast only. this fat around my hips and waist just wont come off. i just wanted to see if they would have any harful side effects. seems like you guys said it wont so thanks man.

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
oh and did i mention my metabolism is really slow? i have to constantly watch what im eating so i dont gain weight. i guess i just hit a hard spot in my age cuz when i was young it did use to be fast.

Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Awards
For heavens sake, if your going to have a carbless Postwork out meal, it's import', no wait, vital, to throw in fats to compensate. You've got to replenish lost glycogen.

How about this. Before your post workout meal, take an anabolic pump. 15 minutes latter, have 60g of oats (or a slow digesting carb, possibly caseinate), with your WPI. Be patient with that 'love handle', It'll go after a while. Juz eat it right!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of cardio are you doing?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive been hitting the weights so hard and before ive tried cardio like crazy for weeks at a time. ive eliminated the carbs for post workout and breakfast only. this fat around my hips and waist just wont come off. i just wanted to see if they would have any harful side effects. seems like you guys said it wont so thanks man.
Alot of people think they have a solid diet but they're not eating enough or eating the wrong things etc.... What is you exact daily diet?

Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Awards
Are you drinking enough water?

I agree with distiled, too many people think their diet is spot on, until they consult with others, which is usually when they realize they've got to change things around!

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
well i have to say on average i eat 3-4 meals a day. i understand the concept of eating 6-7 meals a day cuz it keeps the metabolism going. but its just to hard to get in all those meals. i go to school and i cant afford so much food. so ive basically taken out the carbs and i eat basically like this,

breakfast: protein 45% carbs 35% fat 20%

lunch: protein 50% carbs 40% fat 10%

post workout: protein 50% carbs 50%

snack: protein 85% carbs 15%

dinner: mostly all protein and vegies.

i only take one shake a day and thats after workout. it countains this amount.

protein: 54g
carbs: 60g
fat: 6g

i drink muscle milk(coockies and cream) from cyto sport.

so my summary is that i basically have carbs until after my post workout. then i cut them out all together. but i maintain protein intake. so thats what my diet is like

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
um breakfast would usually be three eggs along with sme toast. lunch would be somewhere around steak sandwhich with carrots. postworkout is just the shake. snack would be some beef jerky and dinner would be chicken with greenbeans and corn. and plenty of water

illfoo

Awards
You could try playing around with your macros. I know that once I hit around 10-11% I have to seriously restrict my carbs to get any lower. You could try cutting out some of your carbs, and adding some good fat, like some fish oil or EVOO.

It can take awhile to find out what works best for you, but that's half the fun.

Also, if you are having trouble getting all of your meals in, go to Costco or Sam's Club and pick up some whey. I can get a 6lb bag of EAS whey for like $26-27 at my local Sam's. It's a good way to get in some protein if you are in a rush or whatever.

But what everyone else has said is spot on; most people think their diet is in check, but then have no idea how many cals they are actually eating or what the breakdown of their macros are. It really helps to keep track of everything.

Last edited:
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
um breakfast would usually be three eggs along with sme toast. lunch would be somewhere around steak sandwhich with carrots. postworkout is just the shake. snack would be some beef jerky and dinner would be chicken with greenbeans and corn. and plenty of water
No offense bro but thats a terrible diet. Your probably not getting near enough cals you need causing your body to go in to starvation mode and hold that bodyfat like gold.

For breakfast try
-1 whole egg, 4 whites
-1/2-1cup (dry) oats

Meal 2&3
-chicken breast 6oz
-brocoli
-mixed greens salad
-brown rice or sweet potatoes

Post Workout
-Whey shake (25-40gr)
-banana with 1/2cup (dry) oats

Dinner
-Steak 6-8oz
-Broccoli
-mixed green salads

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
so that could be the cause of why this **** wont drop. haha well i guess ill change it around then cuz its obvious what im eating aint enough. but with levithian i think i can pull off some justified weight loss. thanks a lot

Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Awards
Oh my gosh! Thank you DS, that is an aweful diet, espcially for a young & growing body! You've got to remember that carbs are not the enemy in your journey towards your ideal physique. It's jus the simple carbs *read pure sugar* that will be a bit unhelpful.

Read this slowly...

"A cup of oats is a zillion times better for me than a mars bar"

The diet DS gave you looks pretty good. Work out how many calories you need, by getting your body weight in lb's, then times that by 15. That's your daily calorie needs.

You need between 1-1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight. About 1g-1.5g of GOOD carbs per lb of bodyweight. Not sure how much good fats. They're about 9 calories per gram.

If you can't afford a morning snack, have you thought about a can of tuna / salmon? i know a few students who down a few of those between classes! But then again, whey is yummier! whole food is best tho.

Like I said before, once you get your diet down pat, you stick to it for a month, if your still bothered by your 'love handles', then we'll talk!