The skinny on fiber powerders/supplements.

jshin

Awards
With so many to choose from how can you ever decide? Obviously sugar free...i've been looking at bulk psyllium husk powder, metamucil, konsyl, etc. How do you decide? Does anyone use Konsyl, it seems to have the lowest calorie content (5 cals per serving), zero sugar, but what the hell is muculloid? What brands are you guys using? Links are always appreciated.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
well....assuming that the only thing in your fiber powder is...fiber, and there is no sugar in it. It's kind of debatable whether it has calories in it or not. It depends on what side of the argument you fall on about if fiber actually has a caloric value or not.

As for bulk psyllium, trueprotein has it, I've gotten it from them before.

jshin

Awards
So when Konsyl says 5calories per serving, yet gives 5gms of fiber it would be the same bulk psyllium powder from NOW @30 calories per serving. Interesting....

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
VPX Fiberteq is a great product. Check out the profile. It's a blend of soluble/insoluble fiber at 8 grams per scoop.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
VPX Fiberteq is a great product. Check out the profile. It's a blend of soluble/insoluble fiber at 8 grams per scoop.
I second this. Also theres on called Fiberstir that I have used before as well that's a blend of both insolube and solube, it has 6g per tbsp, 4 soluble, and 2 insolube.

It's important to make sure you get a balance of both types. Too much of one without the other is not pleasant...trust me, I know.

jshin

Awards
Anyone know if they sell it large quantities? 10lb bags etc?