the liver and acne

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Over at acne.org, it is a widely held belief that anything that helps the liver will also help with the whole acne situation. I am just wondering if people on this site can contribute any experience stories or advice.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
From my own personal experiance, milk thistle seemed to clear me up the first time I took it, but after two weeks, I broke out even worse.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Liv-52 cleared my skin up quite nicely and yes, I definitely think liver function effects acne.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Yes i believe that anything that helps your liver helps your acne. I dont have any experience here, but i do believe it.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
what if the acne is a cause of too much free test like from testopro/divanex? both of those make my skin so angry and i break out terribly

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
what if the acne is a cause of too much free test like from testopro/divanex? both of those make my skin so angry and i break out terribly
I'm glad you brought that up. My dad had worse acne than I do. In fact, my skin isn't that bad. I'm still clear enough to be cnsidered attractive, it's just that I know I would look a lot better if I was completely clear. I whant to be one of those guys who could shoot up test if they whanted to, and have clear skin.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Test levels can certainly affect acne as well as excessive IGF-1 or HGH which can make the skin grow too fast and cover up pores. The liver is inexorably tied to these processes as well. Making the liver happy can never hurt.

Enjineer

Awards
Never noticed the correlation before, but now that you mention it, my milk thistle has been clearing me up...

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
would be nice to have a barometer like this. i took accutane years ago. i never get any acne no matter what. however, as of late, ive gotten something called tinea versicolor, which is spots on the skin , on my back.

i have no idea if it is tied to liver function though

younganabolic

younganabolic

Awards
  • Established
I think drinking lots of water really helps both the skin and the liver. I've been taking milk thistle for a long time but it's hard to say if it helped or not.
As far as keeping acne under control. Acne Free works amazing for me - face, neck, arms, back. I'm currently cycling mdrol right now and my skin is as clear as ever.

-Young

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Benzoyl peroxide(acne free) keeps me looking decent, but I still have some pimples, and I would love to not half to worry about it. I hate having that fear that if I go out right after work with out showering, I'm going to break out. Have any of you guys seen your skin improve with any supplements?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
could be totally placebo... but when i first saw this thread i took 2 grams of my bulk milk thistle that night... when i woke up the next morning i had no new bumps and i do think it honestly looks a little bit clearer. took some more this morning and im gona stick with it to see how this works out

younganabolic

younganabolic

Awards
  • Established
Hm.. maybe i will start taking more for a few days and see if it helps

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Beware of the rebound acne though guys. I hope your luckier than I was. Keep me updated!

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
read about copper toxicity and copper elimination

i dont think its JUST liver,,,never is

but anyways, makes sense.

zinc got me all f'd up. once i stopped it was okay,,,copper/estrogen, look into it

ithyroid.com has good info on minerals too.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
read about copper toxicity and copper elimination

i dont think its JUST liver,,,never is

but anyways, makes sense.

zinc got me all f'd up. once i stopped it was okay,,,copper/estrogen, look into it

ithyroid.com has good info on minerals too.
Do you actually think your copper levels are up now? Do you feel something?

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
Do you actually think your copper levels are up now? Do you feel something?
i didnt get around to check the level through blood work

but taking zinc twice a day instead of once made me very very drowsy/dry eyes etc, and acne flaired up during then, once i stopped and zinc and started AI ,,,less acne

check your estrogen too if you can

if copper goes up E will be up according to those research.