The Driven Blog

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Re: leptin/test

I wish that bodybuilder study you reference would have taken a look at estradiol levels. Really their testosterone was still well within normal range. And while the cellular mechanisms do suggest a resulting decrease in testosterone I have a feeling the libido issue has more to do with an altered test/estrogen ratios than anything.

Put simply less test equals less aromatization. Less bodyfat equals less aromatase enzyme. Overall a greater net fall in E2. Sort of like the letro libido killing effect.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Re: leptin/test

I wish that bodybuilder study you reference would have taken a look at estradiol levels. Really their testosterone was still well within normal range. And while the cellular mechanisms do suggest a resulting decrease in testosterone I have a feeling the libido issue has more to do with an altered test/estrogen ratios than anything.

Put simply less test equals less aromatization. Less bodyfat equals less aromatase enzyme. Overall a greater net fall in E2. Sort of like the letro libido killing effect.
Possible for sure, but aromatase is not solely found in adipocytes. It is found in the testes, bone cells, skin cells and even blood vessels. Even with incredibly low body fat levels the male can still create estrogen.

Big_Tom(tk)

Big_Tom(tk)

Awards
  • Established
I still Like your posts Rob!! :D