The Drive-thru Diet

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Sweeeet! Although I do prefer Del Taco.

I think Christine left out the part about her daily Ex-Lax habit.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Ha yeah I've seen this commercial. I suppose it's clever marketing, I'm sure plenty of people will fall for it and it will drive up revenue.

purelife1

notice small print on comercial..she only ate 1200 cal day on her drive through diet

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
notice small print on comercial..she only ate 1200 cal day on her drive through diet
right - like jarad with the subway diet. You limit cals, you lose weight. But if you fail to get enough protein you lose muscle. Thus, the true athlete needs to fine tune diet to address both calorie intake and macros. It is amazing how many people don't get it. I mean even these infomercials on exercise equipment. These ppl think they'll go from 35% bf to a six pack by some magic abdominal movement with no change in diet?

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I wanna see one for chipotle or baja fresh! That'd be a diet I could stick to (although maybe not afford)

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
It proves something I said 12 years ago...I could have a client lose weight eating nothing but lard as long as they are calorie deficient enough.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
It proves something I said 12 years ago...I could have a client lose weight eating nothing but lard as long as they are calorie deficient enough.
Very true. But when most people say they want to 'lose weight' they really want to recomp. I mean unless you are involved in a sport that requires weigh-ins who cares what the scale says?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I almost punched a wall when I saw that commercial. The sad part is that many people will fall for it.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I almost punched a wall when I saw that commercial. The sad part is that many people will fall for it.
agreed. i bet alot of people will try this - just like subway suddenly got the 'health food' image with the jarod commercials. There is no such thing as healthy fast food.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Probably one of the best marketing schemes Taco Bell has had. I don't believe that this works. But hey you never know. Now an In-N-Out diest sounds good to me. Yum Yum Yummy Yummy Yum.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Oh lawdy.... I live in the southeast so we don't have In-n-Out over here but I had heard stories. Went to LA for the first time in October and I made sure to try a double double animal style with animal fries.

Holy wow... it was... enlightening.