Test Suspension (25 gauge too small)

PIOTREK

PIOTREK

Awards
I am confused. I was under the impression that test suspension could be injected with a very fine needle. It is impossible to draw the suspension with a 25 gauge while I have heard of it going through a 27 gauge. Should I just get larger needles or is my vial questionable? Thanks.

Sendo

Awards
I am confused. I was under the impression that test suspension could be injected with a very fine needle. It is impossible to draw the suspension with a 25 gauge while I have heard of it going through a 27 gauge. Should I just get larger needles or is my vial questionable? Thanks.
you should be able to inject with a 25 guage. It is also possible to draw with a 25 guage but it takes a while. Draw with a larger needle like a 20guage or so.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Alot of guys I believe use different needles for drawing and injecting.

I admit i've never experienced the dark side before, so I might be talking gibberish, but I have done my fair share of reading.

PIOTREK

PIOTREK

Awards
Its not that its taking too long to draw the test, the liquid will not enter syringe AT ALL. Some will get stuck in the needle and it will be plugged.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
if its oil based then a bigger pin will be needed, water based=smaller needle

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
only micronized test suspension will fit through smaller pins. if you got some UG Tsusp made in a bathtub, then the powder isnt likely micronized and will require, apparently, a 23g or smaller to flow.

next time ask your source beforehand. 23g sticks ED or 2x/d is no fun.

Jaxxx

Jaxxx

Board Supporter
Awards
My source has waterbased suspension that will go through a slin pin...

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My source has waterbased suspension that will go through a slin pin...
yeah, about half will. if i am dealing with a new source, i always ask his customers if his Tsusp will fit through a slin pin.

PIOTREK

PIOTREK

Awards
I know better to ask for micronized suspension for next time. I believe "univet's" suspension is micronized. At any rate, I have ordered some 23 gauge syringes. If it still wont flow, I will return the vial.