Supps for very lousy eaters?

Naglish

Awards
Hello fellas!
Haven’t visited in a looong time.
I have a question - are there any good supps for someone who doesn’t eat that well. With the amount of caffeine I put in my body and ludicrous amounts of stress from work(live performance lighting design) I tend to eat extremely small amounts of calories per day, which of course shreds all of the fats along side all of my muscle gains. With this awful “diet” I’ve ran Ultra Hard followed by Sustain Alpha with AET50(got quite hard and did see some good results,but felt super depressed), afterwards I tried 2 month of Ursa Major and absolutely loved it.
My question is is there anything that can slow down the breakdown of muscle tissue from such chaotic eating and/or help with the muscle fullness or the answer is easy - eat more and eat clean

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hello fellas!
I have a question - are there any good supps for someone who doesn’t eat that well. With the amount of caffeine I put in my body and ludicrous amounts of stress from work(live performance lighting design) I tend to eat extremely small amounts of calories per day, which of course shreds all of the fats along side all of my muscle gains. With this awful “diet” I’ve ran Ultra Hard followed by Sustain Alpha with AET50(got quite hard and did see some good results,but felt super depressed), afterwards I tried 2 month of Ursa Major and absolutely loved it.
My question is is there anything that can slow down the breakdown of muscle tissue from such chaotic eating and/or help with the muscle fullness or the answer is easy - eat more and eat clean
I see you have tried Ursa and AET-50, but you may get some benefit from Epichaos. Its a strong nutrient partitioner and can act like a GDA possibly allowing improve insulin sensitivity. There is also the TRT companion product Hyperion, which is designed to improve and optimize test output and raise free test, naturally. combining those two should help a bit but you might want to look into something like a ghrelin mimetic like mk677 which may improve hunger.

If peptides and RCs arent your bag you could try Vector by BLR, it makes you pretty hungry in an all-natural offering.

beyond that, you know the problem. so make the effort to take a lunch with you and get more calories via calorie dense foods like Peanmut butter and burgers

Naglish

Awards
I see you have tried Ursa and AET-50, but you may get some benefit from Epichaos. Its a strong nutrient partitioner and can act like a GDA possibly allowing improve insulin sensitivity. There is also the TRT companion product Hyperion, which is designed to improve and optimize test output and raise free test, naturally. combining those two should help a bit but you might want to look into something like a ghrelin mimetic like mk677 which may improve hunger.

If peptides and RCs arent your bag you could try Vector by BLR, it makes you pretty hungry in an all-natural offering.

beyond that, you know the problem. so make the effort to take a lunch with you and get more calories via calorie dense foods like Peanmut butter and burgers
I’ve just jumped on the peanut butter sandwiches and oat porridge, so I’m working on it. I do get occasional break downs when I eat a ton of food in the later hours, which makes me feel absolutely horrible the next day, but it is what it is.
another thing I’ve noticed, I was ordering from Apex last year and now I’ve saw the juicy BF Bogo, but the shipping to EU gotten out of hand with the prices. Iconic Formulation shipping is around 30$ when Apex is 120$ which is insane, so unfortunately it’s not an option anymore. Although their products were some of the best I’ve ever tried(Ursa is by far my Favorite out of everything I’ve tried)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oats (overnight is my preference):
and protein powder,
and peanut butter,
and dried fruit (craisins, etc.)

Can make for quick and dense meals.

Nothing will replace nutrition. You may see something temporary, but without dialing in your nutrition, you’ll just be spinning wheels.

I’m with you on stress and work life/school issues. Full time on both, with work/life drama to deal with. Take the time to meal prep. Mason jars help.

Find some time to chew on low fat proteins like Greek yogurt and low fat chicken when you can, then fill the calorie gaps with what you can. Oats, rice, Pb, etc.

I don’t mean to deviate from your request, but you (must) know that nutrition is more important than supplements.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’ve just jumped on the peanut butter sandwiches and oat porridge, so I’m working on it. I do get occasional break downs when I eat a ton of food in the later hours, which makes me feel absolutely horrible the next day, but it is what it is.
another thing I’ve noticed, I was ordering from Apex last year and now I’ve saw the juicy BF Bogo, but the shipping to EU gotten out of hand with the prices. Iconic Formulation shipping is around 30$ when Apex is 120$ which is insane, so unfortunately it’s not an option anymore. Although their products were some of the best I’ve ever tried(Ursa is by far my Favorite out of everything I’ve tried)
that seesm weird, you should contact CS and get a confirm on that. It cant really be that much 😲

can it?

Naglish

Awards
that seesm weird, you should contact CS and get a confirm on that. It cant really be that much 😲

can it?
Yeah, Shipping to Latvia seems like a pain. But don’t know the reason for only one shipping option(and it being the most expensive one)

Naglish

Awards
Oats (overnight is my preference):
and protein powder,
and peanut butter,
and dried fruit (craisins, etc.)

Can make for quick and dense meals.

Nothing will replace nutrition. You may see something temporary, but without dialing in your nutrition, you’ll just be spinning wheels.

I’m with you on stress and work life/school issues. Full time on both, with work/life drama to deal with. Take the time to meal prep. Mason jars help.

Find some time to chew on low fat proteins like Greek yogurt and low fat chicken when you can, then fill the calorie gaps with what you can. Oats, rice, Pb, etc.

I don’t mean to deviate from your request, but you (must) know that nutrition is more important than supplements.
Oh absolutely, I completely agree and ain’t really trying to find a way around that with supplements, just wanted to know what can work with small amount of calories with retaining muscle hardness and fullness when you are in a constant “cut” regime haha

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The solution to a crappy diet is to stop eating like crap. It's that simple. You are 100% in control of what you put in your mouth.

I have a binge eating problem. It's my fault, I put the cookies and junk food in my house, on my plate and in my stomach. And the only way I can stop it is by not buying the junk, and keeping my treats to a minimum. It doesn't always work out for me, so if I'm eating too much crap I make sure I burn more calories.

Meal prep is the answer to your problem. Make your meals in advance, don't put crappy food choices in your house.

If you need to eat less then eat less and if you need to eat more then eat more.

You are in control of the outcome. And no supplements are going to help fix it

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hello fellas!
As soon as I read your post, I knew that the great majority of the replies in this thread were going to be telling you to focus on cleaning your diet up, and that is correct in that doing so will help you get better results and also help supplements work better for you.

However, since everyone else covered that part pretty well haha, I wanted to address your last question about "is there anything that can slow down the breakdown of muscle tissue from such chaotic eating and/or help with the muscle fullness".

In your situation, my supplement of choice would Phosphatidic Acid XT because it contains Mediator Phosphatidic Acid, Apigenin, and Senactiv. Apigenin has a lot of overall health benefits as well as some potential muscle building and sparing benefits and Senactiv is great for workout performance and has some other great benefits, but the all-star ingredient is Mediator Phosphatidic Acid.

Here's an excerpt from the product write up that explains Mediator PA very well imo:

What is Mediator® Phosphatidic Acid?
Mediator® Phosphatidic Acid (PA) is a natural muscle building supplement that has been shown to directly activate mTOR – the signaling pathway that drives muscle protein synthesis in humans. Research involving resistance trained athletes has found that supplementing with Mediator® PA leads to increases in lean muscle gains, strength gains, fat loss, and improved body-composition.

Mediator® Phosphatidic Acid offers what many other overhyped supposed muscle building supplements lack – research in humans showing real gains in muscle size and strength!

Real World Results:

Increased Strength & Size:

Research has shown that lifters taking 1,500 mg. per day of Mediator® PA (750 mg. actual Phosphatidic Acid) increased their squat strength by 12.7% and their lean body mass by 2.6%. A study at the University of Tampa on 28 resistance-trained subjects who trained hard 3 times per week actually doubled the amount of muscle they gained as compared to subjects that followed the same training protocol but were only taking a placebo.

Fat Loss & Improved Body Recomposition:
Research has shown that individuals supplementing with phosphatidic acid in conjunction with resistance training lost 2.8 lbs. of body fat compared to only 1.1 lbs. in the placebo control group.

Recovery:
Muscle growth and recovery is largely governed by a balance of protein synthesis vs. protein breakdown, also commonly referred to as anabolism vs. catabolism or the body being in an anabolic state vs. a catabolic state.

Phosphatidic Acid has both anabolic and anti-catabolic properties!

In addition to stimulating increased protein synthesis, Phosphatidic Acid also helps limit catabolism by reducing the expression of certain genes that encourage muscle protein breakdown.

Think of this as if your diet and training is correct, your body is perpetually in a state of trying to build muscle and break down muscle at the same time. So whichever side wins – anabolism vs. catabolism or anabolic vs. catabolic states – largely determines your net muscle yields or losses.

Phosphatidic Acid helps tip the scales in your favor by stimulating increased protein synthesis (anabolism/anabolic state) and also helping decrease catabolism/the catabolic state – so it packs a potent one-two punch towards helping you achieve your muscle building potential and goals.

^^^^ I think you can see from that how it would help you.
And then, the more you clean your diet up over time, the more it can help you.

Here is a link to the Phosphatidic Acid XT intro thread to see some other people's results:

Here is a link to the full product write up and info that goes into more detail about Mediator PA and the other ingredients:

^^^ If you decide to try it soon, make sure to use coupon code blackfriday30 to save 30% off on it.

Naglish

Awards
Luckily I don’t eat junk food as it is quite expensive nowadays and makes me feel like **** afterwards, another plus is I don’t like sugar so cookies and ice cream etc. is something I never have at home. Main thing is with he amount of work and caffeine I’m never really hungry. I eat a good amount in the morning during breakfast (eggs, oats, gainer shake) and it lasts me through out the whole day, although before it would only be enough for 4-5 hours and afterwards I would get quite hungry again. Now it just doesn’t happen, I chug coffee and water throughout the day and sometime get hungry in the later hours(22:00-23:00) and sometime eat right before I go to sleep and it’s gonna be carb heavy things like peanut butter, cereal or a proper meal (meat potatoes etc.)
So I guess my body is just trying to retain as much fat as possible and it’s focusing on consuming muscle for energy as it seems I’m not getting fat, but rather something like skinny fat,lol

Naglish

Awards
As soon as I read your post, I knew that the great majority of the replies in this thread were going to be telling you to focus on cleaning your diet up, and that is correct in that doing so will help you get better results and also help supplements work better for you.

However, since everyone else covered that part pretty well haha, I wanted to address your last question about "is there anything that can slow down the breakdown of muscle tissue from such chaotic eating and/or help with the muscle fullness".

In your situation, my supplement of choice would Phosphatidic Acid XT because it contains Mediator Phosphatidic Acid, Apigenin, and Senactiv. Apigenin has a lot of overall health benefits as well as some potential muscle building and sparing benefits and Senactiv is great for workout performance and has some other great benefits, but the all-star ingredient is Mediator Phosphatidic Acid.

Here's an excerpt from the product write up that explains Mediator PA very well imo:

What is Mediator® Phosphatidic Acid?
Mediator® Phosphatidic Acid (PA) is a natural muscle building supplement that has been shown to directly activate mTOR – the signaling pathway that drives muscle protein synthesis in humans. Research involving resistance trained athletes has found that supplementing with Mediator® PA leads to increases in lean muscle gains, strength gains, fat loss, and improved body-composition.

Mediator® Phosphatidic Acid offers what many other overhyped supposed muscle building supplements lack – research in humans showing real gains in muscle size and strength!

Real World Results:

Increased Strength & Size:

Research has shown that lifters taking 1,500 mg. per day of Mediator® PA (750 mg. actual Phosphatidic Acid) increased their squat strength by 12.7% and their lean body mass by 2.6%. A study at the University of Tampa on 28 resistance-trained subjects who trained hard 3 times per week actually doubled the amount of muscle they gained as compared to subjects that followed the same training protocol but were only taking a placebo.

Fat Loss & Improved Body Recomposition:
Research has shown that individuals supplementing with phosphatidic acid in conjunction with resistance training lost 2.8 lbs. of body fat compared to only 1.1 lbs. in the placebo control group.

Recovery:
Muscle growth and recovery is largely governed by a balance of protein synthesis vs. protein breakdown, also commonly referred to as anabolism vs. catabolism or the body being in an anabolic state vs. a catabolic state.

Phosphatidic Acid has both anabolic and anti-catabolic properties!

In addition to stimulating increased protein synthesis, Phosphatidic Acid also helps limit catabolism by reducing the expression of certain genes that encourage muscle protein breakdown.

Think of this as if your diet and training is correct, your body is perpetually in a state of trying to build muscle and break down muscle at the same time. So whichever side wins – anabolism vs. catabolism or anabolic vs. catabolic states – largely determines your net muscle yields or losses.

Phosphatidic Acid helps tip the scales in your favor by stimulating increased protein synthesis (anabolism/anabolic state) and also helping decrease catabolism/the catabolic state – so it packs a potent one-two punch towards helping you achieve your muscle building potential and goals.

^^^^ I think you can see from that how it would help you.
And then, the more you clean your diet up over time, the more it can help you.

Here is a link to the Phosphatidic Acid XT intro thread to see some other people's results:

Here is a link to the full product write up and info that goes into more detail about Mediator PA and the other ingredients:

^^^ If you decide to try it soon, make sure to use coupon code blackfriday30 to save 30% off on it.
This is exactly the supp that peaked my interest. Back in the day I tried Tr1umph from Olympic labs I believe, and it also had PA in it if my memory isn’t playing games with me. It was one of the first shops I ordered from US and I did enjoy it.
How is SNS with international shipping?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is exactly the supp that peaked my interest. Back in the day I tried Tr1umph from Olympic labs I believe, and it also had PA in it if my memory isn’t playing games with me. It was one of the first shops I ordered from US and I did enjoy it.
How is SNS with international shipping?
SNS offers international shipping and customers have several shipping options that they can choose between during checkout.

Also, we don't mark up international shipping at all; the rates provided during checkout are the actual UPS or USPS rates given directly through the shipper plugin app directly from the companies so most people find us to have great rates.

Normally we ship the same or next business day but sometimes during holiday sales, it may take us an extra day, but we try our best to get the orders out same or next business day.

If you have any questions, I'm glad to help in any way. Pm me and I'll be glad to give you my direct email address.