Support Your Favorite Team & Win Your Favorite Support Supp!

jbotelho6791

jbotelho6791

Awards
260107_172097086182905_100001478443152_438105_6546584_n.jpg
Bruins all day! ...had floor seats here at game 4 of the cup, sick!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No doubt, man.

When I was really little, I was always just a fan of whatever team I played for lol. In baseball, I started off as a White Sox fan (but more of a Frank Thomas fan, to be honest). My dad was always a Cards fan and we lived in a spot in IL that was the same distance (3+ hours) to either Chicago or St. Louis, so it didn't make much of a difference. Once Thomas started getting older and still wanted the same money despite his production going down (and around the strike) back in the mid-90's, I kind of stopped caring and then followed in Dad's footsteps and started pulling for the Redbirds -- never looked back, since.

Now here I am in Kentucky where we have no professional sports franchises lol. Everything is college basketball here. Oddly enough, we're closer to 3 NFL teams than I ever was in IL (Bengals and Titans are 2 hours away, Colts are 2.5 hours away). But MLB is the only sport that I really have a team in. In NBA and NFL, I'll pull for teams, but I usually root more for players (and college I typically just enjoy watching any good game).
172131.jpg

jbotelho6791

jbotelho6791

Awards
No doubt, man.

When I was really little, I was always just a fan of whatever team I played for lol. In baseball, I started off as a White Sox fan (but more of a Frank Thomas fan, to be honest). My dad was always a Cards fan and we lived in a spot in IL that was the same distance (3+ hours) to either Chicago or St. Louis, so it didn't make much of a difference. Once Thomas started getting older and still wanted the same money despite his production going down (and around the strike) back in the mid-90's, I kind of stopped caring and then followed in Dad's footsteps and started pulling for the Redbirds -- never looked back, since.

Now here I am in Kentucky where we have no professional sports franchises lol. Everything is college basketball here. Oddly enough, we're closer to 3 NFL teams than I ever was in IL (Bengals and Titans are 2 hours away, Colts are 2.5 hours away). But MLB is the only sport that I really have a team in. In NBA and NFL, I'll pull for teams, but I usually root more for players (and college I typically just enjoy watching any good game).
Where abouts in IL were you from?? Just moved here for college at ISU

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where abouts in IL were you from?? Just moved here for college at ISU
I went to school at WIU; lived close to there my whole life. I'm actually hopefully moving back up that way, soon. My top schools to work for are UIUC, WIU, ISU and U of Iowa. ISU is an awesome campus.

and lol, stxnas - I remember that VIVIDLY! When I was a kid, I lusted after Nolan Ryan cards.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My best friend growing up was a HUGE Nolan Ryan fan. May he rest in peace.

My cousin was a bat boy for the White Sox during Frank Thomas' era. He said that he was a really cool guy and would mess with him all the time. He said he would walk around holding him by his ankles and stupid stuff like that. He gave him some cleats and a jersey, too. That's pretty cool in my book! He had a huge dome though...or was it just the way he wore his hat, lol...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My best friend growing up was a HUGE Nolan Ryan fan. May he rest in peace.

My cousin was a bat boy for the White Sox during Frank Thomas' era. He said that he was a really cool guy and would mess with him all the time. He said he would walk around holding him by his ankles and stupid stuff like that. He gave him some cleats and a jersey, too. That's pretty cool in my book! He had a huge dome though...or was it just the way he wore his hat, lol...
I loved Thomas. He was probably my first favorite player. I remember going to a game once when I was really young and we went down to the opening at the front row right behind the on deck circle and I yelled "Frank!" and he looked -- I was so happy. Haha. The strike that year just screwed so many guys. He was never the same after that. And seeing him in any jersey other than the black and white just felt wrong (even though he finally had a decent year with Oakland after a couple poor seasons).

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's fitting that on the night the number of one Swede was retired, another one steps in to, hopefully, fill the skates of Peter the Great.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another big night at the dish for my boy, Freese.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw a poster at the end of the game last night that had this logo on it. I really hope they make some shirts with it because I want one.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lebron for NFL Rookie of the Year....wait, wut!?!

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/32691118

View attachment 45800

Discuss...
lol never gonna happen.

I remember when they discussed his potential in the NFL back when he first started. Even though they're facing the lockout, he knows that his career, money, fame, legacy, etc. are all surrounded by basketball. He'd be dumb enough to go play baseball (Jordan style) and risk an injury, but in football? I guarantee that people would be out to injure him (particularly the Browns).

If anything, he'll go overseas and play for a year or partial year, but I see him waiting it out until it's resolved -- and it will get resolved because they (owners AND players) are all too greedy to leave money on the table.

Plus, he'd play for the Patriots if anything. Or sign with the Seahawks and leave after dropping some wide open passes in the Super Bowl.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't be surprised if he's spotted wearing this jersey.

I think it's just him having some fun with his fans, though. It would be one thing to risk injury if he was a mediocre basketball, but he's anything but mediocre.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't be surprised if he's spotted wearing this jersey.

I think it's just him having some fun with his fans, though. It would be one thing to risk injury if he was a mediocre basketball, but he's anything but mediocre.
Oh there's definitely a chance he'll wear a jersey around. Just like he rocked the NY cap forever at all the games he'd go to. I just never would see him to go Seattle. I could see him sporting a Jets/Giants/Pats jersey if someone made one for him, though. I'd say Miami, and maybe that'd work, but I doubt it. Or who knows, maybe he wants to go to Philly to follow all the stars lol.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i can't find the picture on google, and the site that has it won't let me access it at work

but did anyone see the picture of the philadelphia phanatic jumping off the ben franklin bridge, running down the bridge is the philadelhpia eagle yelling "wait for me"

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn you YG!!!
LOL, okay, that's actually pretty funny.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Only Chevy6, email me at s t x n a s [ a t ] h o t m a i l [ d o t ] c o m

Send me your shipping information and your choice of Life Support or Cycle Support. If you choose Cycle Support, please included the flavor.

Thank you for everybody's participation and support. I'll be bumping this thread soon with a new contest or promo.
Once again thank you. I have sent you an email from my gmail account.

Meister

Meister

Awards
Congrats Chevy!

Good job and Great Promo

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any of you sports fans watching the NLCS right now? A lot of action!