Supplement Basics And Recomendations

acidred06

Banned
Awards
Looking to some recomendations as to a good core of supplements to use. Looking for averall health both physically and sexually.

I understand the basics, multi, creatine, protein. Any other suggestions as to what to take and what worked for you. Also, see questions below. Thanks for your help!

What brand of multi?

What brand of Omega's and how much

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take

Fish oils: NOW Omega-3, you don't really need 6-9 because they are abundant in our daily diets.
Multi: NOW Adam
Creatine: Monohydrate should be plenty for you, if you want a bit of a more complex formula look into Universal Storm or Controlled Labs GreenMAG
Protein: Many swear by ON, but I honestly prefer Dymatize Elite in both flavor, quality, and price. I am currently enjoying the Cafe Mocha/Butter Cream Toffee isolates.

This should be a great start, and if you have any other questions feel free.

Once you get a little bit more experienced, getting closer to a plataeu, and used to your body there's some more things to look into.

Pre-Workout: Obviously, I love SteelEdge it's a sustained focus, energy combo. I have also heard matching it with RPM gives insane results.

During: I'd look into some BCAA Blends(Xtend, Excell, Purple Wraath) and add some Bulk Leucine. This can actually be sipped on before, during, and after.

Post-Workout: There's tons of options for this. The only thing that is set in stone is that it should be in water, not milk. You need 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein. I personally do dextrose and whey protein isolate. Some people like maltodextrin/dextro combo, some like palatinos. Recently WMS (waxy maize starch) has been receiving positive feedback, and I bought a few pounds of that. Really though, you have a general 30-40 minute anabolic window after your workout that you want to replenish all your depleted glycogen (polysaccharide of glucose which servers as our primary short term energy stores).

These last three can wait though, as you may not want to burn out with knowledge or cash :D Hope this helps!

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Don't fall for the hype of needing lots of supplements. Most of them make little, if any, difference.

You have most of the basics covered with a multivitamin, protein, and creatine.

Omega-3 fish oil is great. Most of the brands are very similar, so you can just get the best deal from a pharmacy, discount store, or online. Take ~6 capsules per day of the regular potency stuff (usually 180mg EPA & 120mg DHA per geltab) or ~4 capsules per day of higher potency brands.

As for pre-workout and post-workout supplementation, the important point is to get carbs and protein for both. You don't need fancy drinks or mixes to do this.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Bulk citrulline malate is probably my all time favourite.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I lived my entire life with only the following
1. A good multivitamin (I just get the stuff "for men")
2. Protein - Optimum 100% Whey Chocolate 10lb is my baby
3. Fish Oils - Omega 3
4. Cycle micronized creatine mono 1-3 months on 1-2 off

I was doing fine and was happy....until I stumbled onto this site. Now I recently order Levithan, RPM, BCAA, and ZMA. I feel I'm on a slipperly slope :)