supp. ingredient cross reference database

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't it be cool if there was a website accessible, searchable database that stored the ingredient profiles for supplements? You could use it to cross match various supplements by ingredient, or filter undesirable ingredients, compare dosages, etc. Ideally, companies would be able to submit product label info, and users could contribute as well, as long as their listings were confirmed by at least two other users, etc. I wish I had coding experience. :)

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That would save me a ton of googling! :D

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
great idea. maybe a crazy computer nerd can hook us up. ain't gonna be me - i suck at these things.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
great idea. maybe a crazy computer nerd can hook us up. ain't gonna be me - i suck at these things.
the thing is, i'm sure generic cross matching database engines are already out there, and if that's the case, the majority of the coding might already be done, and we'd just need a programmer to set up the specific parameters.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
It wouldnt be too hard to make a cheap lil access database on something like this for personal use.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It would take a lot of work just entering data. AND companies would get mad when you dont specify their EXTRACT is better then everyone elses...

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
It would take a lot of work just entering data. AND companies would get mad when you dont specify their EXTRACT is better then everyone elses...
it wouldn't matter, listing 'proprietary b.s. extract' on the label in this case would only hurt them as opposed to listing percentages or
at least standardization. Data entry is time consuming but certainly not difficult, I could devote hours to it daily, and theoretically, it would begin as a volunteer project.