Stronger Than the Day Before

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
So, speaking of famous old lifters... Ricky Dale Crane's wife was a pederast... what's up with that?

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So, speaking of famous old lifters... Ricky Dale Crane's wife was a pederast... what's up with that?
When you get older, you will better understand. ;)

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Skwatz

First day of the new routine... don't have the whole thing written down yet, but skwat days will look like what I did today (generally I will perform one or two more accessory movements though)

12 minute cardio warmup

Squat:
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 4
350 x 3

GMs:
135 x 8
185 x 6
225 x 6

Deep ROM Leg Press (in total plates, cause who knows how much the sled weighs?):
6 x 8
8 x 6
10 x 6
12 x 6
14 x 6

Fin.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice work. Short and simple. I like it. Are you using some algorithm to generate your numbers?

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Nice work. Short and simple. I like it. Are you using some algorithm to generate your numbers?
No, once again kinda going by feel and using linear periodization. I figured based on what I have done in weeks before, how I have been lifting, and how I felt today, 350 for 3 would be a good triple to hit. I was right about at my threshhold there - my conditioning is back to garbage, although I will intensify my cardio and rep ranges in the coming weeks. I'm going to stick to triples for my peak sets, and try to bump the weight 5 to ten pounds workout to workout or week to week, depending on how the days fall.

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
[video=youtube;xat1GVnl8-k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1GVnl8-k[/video]

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
BENCH PRESS!

Warmup:
10 minutes cardio
Wide Neutral Grip Pulldowns
110 X 10
140 X 8
160 X 8

Workout:
Bench Press
135 X 10
5 Neutral Grip Chinups
185 X 8
5 Neutral Grip Chinups
200 X 6
5 Neutral Grip Chinups
220 X 4

Close Grip Bench Press, Elbows In
135 X 15

Neutral DB Tricep Press (weight per dumbbell)
60 X 12
70 X 12
80 X 8

Compound Shoulder DB Warmup (Front Raise, Lateral Raise, Press)
10 X 10

Single Arm DB Lateral Raise
35 X 6
35 X 6
30 X 6

Weighted High Decline Situps
25 X 10
25 X 10
BW X 10

My abs were so weak today... well, they're always kinda weak. Anyone got a set I can borrow?

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Yesterday's deadlift session:

Warmup:
10 Min cardio
Stretching, various

Deathlifts:
135 X 5 (Romanian)
225 X 5 (Romanian)
315 X 8 (Conventional)
375 X 5
405 X 4
445 X 1

8 Chinups

Barbell Rows
135 X 10

Pendlay Rows
185 X 8
225 X 3

Various Curls for the girls, minimal rest between sets, superset with some chinups

Palloff Presses - As hevay as I could go, both sides, 4 sets.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like that you recognize that barbell rows and Pendlay rows are a completely different movement. Good liftin bud

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
I like that you recognize that barbell rows and Pendlay rows are a completely different movement. Good liftin bud
Thanks, I usually do barbell rows unless I decide to go above 200 or so, then I'll do Pendlays but use light barbell rows as a warmup because I feel that Pendlays are closer to a deadlift for your lats/thoracic region (explosive strength) while barbell rows can be used for time under tension, and force more blood into the area.

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Also, as a side note/gripe, this cold dry weather is killing my hands. I was in some pain deadlifting yesterday, my hands felt raw. I need to lotion them bitches up more often.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good couple sessions here, dude. Those DLs are getting up there. Well done.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Today: OHP

Warmup:

12 min cardio
Stretch!
Bar Weight X 10

Workout:

Standing OHP
95 X 8
115 X 8
125 X 5
135 X 3
135 X 2

Inverted BW Row Ladder in the Smith Machine (starting 4 up from the bottom)

BB Shrugs (had to deadlift these up, lol)

135 X 10
225 X 10
315 X 10
365 X 8
405 X 6

Dumbbell Lateral Raise & Front Raise Complex

20lb. X 8

Single Arm Dumbbell Lateral Raise

30 X 6
35 X 8

Rear Delt Chest Supported Flyes

20 X 8 X 4

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice work. You don't have any trouble going right from the bar to 95 lbs on OHP? When I am doing those, I like to ramp up slowly, usually up to 155 lbs for reps. I find it helps me find my grove, including mind body connection for a complex movement, and strength, fwiw. However, I won't be doing these anytime soon given my shoulder issues.

Anyhow, just food for thought. Good work, you pederast wannabe.

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Nice work. You don't have any trouble going right from the bar to 95 lbs on OHP? When I am doing those, I like to ramp up slowly, usually up to 155 lbs for reps. I find it helps me find my grove, including mind body connection for a complex movement, and strength, fwiw. However, I won't be doing these anytime soon given my shoulder issues.

Anyhow, just food for thought. Good work, you pederast wannabe.
Pain wise or whatever, no trouble. I never go for a "pump" or for muscular failure on these; if I did, I would probably do several sets at lower weights and stay under 125 lbs. I probably should do some of that, considering it's my weakest lift. However, another issue I have with OHP is that when I get over 125 I feel like I am going to pass out when I strain. The only lift that does this to me. I actually did grey out once with 135 overhead, and it was almost a very bad day. Cut my hand pretty good on the rack fighting unconsciousness/having the weight come down on me.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Pain wise or whatever, no trouble. I never go for a "pump" or for muscular failure on these; if I did, I would probably do several sets at lower weights and stay under 125 lbs. I probably should do some of that, considering it's my weakest lift. However, another issue I have with OHP is that when I get over 125 I feel like I am going to pass out when I strain. The only lift that does this to me. I actually did grey out once with 135 overhead, and it was almost a very bad day. Cut my hand pretty good on the rack fighting unconsciousness/having the weight come down on me.
Yeah, that's orthostasis. Vasalva can also provoke. Simulants can sometimes make this worse, ironically -- the heart rate increases, and the BP can drop when standing, to balance the increased rate.

I think this is even more reason to increase the volume on this movement, to condition your cardiovascular system against the orthostatic response. Hit some volume, and then go for a few heavier singles to triples, and then come back down and hit some more volume at moderate weight. That's my suggestion for consideration. I know you know what you are doing and have your programming though. Just looking out for the orthostasis, which is something I have suffered from.

ShutUpNdSkwat

Awards
Yeah, that's orthostasis. Vasalva can also provoke. Simulants can sometimes make this worth, ironically -- the heart rate increases, and the BP can drop when standing, to balance the increased rate.

I think this is even more reason to increase the volume on this movement, to condition your cardiovascular system against the orthostatic response. Hit some volume, and then go for a few heavier singles to triples, and then come back down and hit some more volume at moderate weight. That's my suggestion for consideration. I know you know what you are doing and have your programming though. Just looking out for the orthostasis, which is something I have suffered from.
wow, I had this too. Thanks, Jinxie!

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
I woke up this morning and was wondering why my traps hurt and my neck was stiff. Then I remembered.

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Short workout today. Had to work late to make up hours from last week, and I slept poorly last night so I was hollow-eyed and weary when I arrived at the gym.

Warmup:
10 Min Cardio
Stretches

Squats:
Bar x 5 (hips felt tight)
Stretches, BW Squats
135 X 5
225 X 5
245 X 8
335 X 3
365 X 3
385 X 1
405 X 1

I know I said I would shy away from heavy singles this cycle, but I knew I would be cutting it short today and had some aggression to relieve.

Lightning GMs (back felt a little tweaked):

185 X 6 (20 sec rest)
185 X 6 (20 sec rest)
135 X 12

Fin

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice squatting, you pedantic pederast, you.

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Nice squatting, you pedantic pederast, you.
Haha, thanks. For the first time, I had some random bro approach me and ask me how to do a movement yesterday (corner barbell rows with a narrow row handle) completely out of the blue. I must appear to be bigger and stronger than I think, because this guy's arms and chest were better developed than mine. I guess I'll take it as a compliment.

Nice squating man!
Thanks dude, wish my bench would get up there.

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
BENCH PRESS

Warmup:
10 min. cardio (running)
Band pull-aparts

Bench Press:
135 x 12
160 X 8
190 X 8
205 X 6
230 X 3

Close Grip:
155 X 10
185 X 6
185 X 2 (no rest)
135 X 6

Lat Pulldowns

4 sets @ various weights (I mean, the weight with cables varies from machine to machine, so who cares?)

Close Grip Cable Rows

4 sets

Kettlebell Single-Arm Shoulder Press
(seated on a stupid v-core bench because the normal ones were taken)
30 lbs. X 8
40 lbs. X 8

Standing Kettlebell Press (both arms @ same time)
40 lbs. X 8

Standing Kettlebell Triceps Extension
20 X 12
30 X 8 X 2

Finished.

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
DEATHLIFTS

Simple session today.

12 min. cardio warmup
Stretching

DL
135 X 10 (Romanian)
225 X 8 (Romanian)
335 X 5
370 X 4
405 X 3
425 X 1
445 X 0 (Failed for some reason - think I spent too long on my setup and gassed out)
445 X 1
460 X 1

My hands are so messed up, cracked, and dry. I have to lotion them up, but since I lost my chalk, anything over 435 has been slipping bad, so I strap up. Whatever. Still heavy.

Bent Over BB Rows

135 X 10
185 X 6 (explosive)
225 X 4

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good pulls dude. Do you normally do RDLs for your warmup?

Screw lotion. Shave that dry skin off.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Pederastic pulls, brosef!

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Good pulls dude. Do you normally do RDLs for your warmup?

Screw lotion. Shave that dry skin off.
Yes, I normally do RDLs until 315. This is because I use it as a dynamic stretching exercise; I don't fully lock out the reps and really push my hips back to stretch and engorge my hamstrings, and also because I prefer not to smack myself in the balls with the bar (I pull quickly even during warmups, so if the weight is light I have a tendency to rack myself in the nuts).

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Pederastic pulls, brosef!
Thanks dudemanbro. Sorry to hear about your shoulder; I hope you and your doctor decide on a plan that makes you happy, and that the rehab is swift. And your squats are still killer, even if you're going light - the way I see it, if you're squatting you're daring to do something about 75% of gym goers never try because they're afraid, which is made doubly cool by the fact that you're doing it in spite of physical setbacks. Good luck dude, hope you can get back to properly crushing the iron ASAP.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for the kind note, bro.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed my man.

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Subbed my man.
Thanks dude. Stopped by your log and saw those sweet, sweet squats.

STANDING OVER HEAD PRESS Slow buildup jinxie style (and curls for the gurls)

Warmups

5 lb. plate thumbs-up front raise X 12
-straight into flyes-
5 lb. flyes X 8

OHP

45 X 12
75 X 8
95 X 8
115 X 6
140 X 1
140 X 1
135 X 1
125 X 6
95 X 10

Various BB and DB curls, 为那些女孩

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That is sort of Jinxie style, only you stopped early. ;)

Nice work breaking above the 135 barrier, D.

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
I'll be stopping by errybody's logs soon, been busy.

SKWATZ

Warmup:
Cardio (Moderate Intensity, 25 minutes, stupid fawking idea)

Squats:

135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 2
385 x 1
405 x 1 (not even sure if parallel, felt super heavy today)
315 x 5

Rack Deadlifts (bottom holes, still wearing olympic shoes, also stupid fawking idea)

135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 1
455 x 1
495 x 1 (almost blew out my o-ring)

Fin. Going to Michigan for Christmas, see you guys next week unless my dad feels like working out over vacation.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice squats man. And I am a big fan of the phrase "curls for the girls, rows for the bros"

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice squatting man. Hold that o-ring in -- it serves you well.

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Wow, another week off lifting. I think I gained about 10 pounds over vacation too; took about 5 off after I shaved my beard this morning.

What better way to bring in the New Year than military presses and deadlifts?

10 Min Cardio Warmup

MIL PRESS

45 X 8
65 X 8
95 X 8
115 X 8
135 X 5
155 X 2 - PR
135 X 3

DEATHLIFTS (all reps done with a complete reset, minimum rest between sets until I got to 405)

135 X 5
225 X 5
315 X 5
365 X 4

405 X 2
435 X 1
455 X 1
485 X 1 - New PR, as it was without straps, full lockout, and a strong hold at the top. It was SLOOOOW though. I could taste blood in my throat afterward.

END!

I hope everyone had a nice holiday season, and I look forward to logging here again and checking in on y'all's logs.

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
My neck, my back, my ***** and my cr -

Oh, hai.

SKWTATZ and BENCH

I don't know why.

Warmup -

Stretching and light lifting, bodyweight movements, the usual.

135 X 5
225 X 3
275 X 3
315 X 3
365 X 2 - SO HEAVY
385 X 1 - WHY GOD
385 X 1 - I SHOULDN'T BE DOING THIS
315 X 3 - Whew.

BENCH

45 X 12
135 X 10
185 X 5
225 X 3
245 X 1

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hahahahaha that why God feeling lls

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Ugh. Felt like crap yesterday and today. Went to get a couples massage with my girlfriend Sunday, which was great, but telling. The massage therapist looked me in the eye after we went up front and said very seriously, "you need to come in again. Your back was very tight."

Today at work my neck seized up and I almost crushed my mouse in my right hand.

Anyway, skwatz:

10 min. cardio warmup

Squats:

45 x 5
135 x 3
185 x 3
225 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 1
385 x 1
405 x 1

Today was a form check day, hence the low volume.

Good Morning Vietnams

45 x 10
135 x 12
185 x 8
225 x 5

Finished.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beastmode

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Oh yeah, Saturday's ridiculousness:

10 minute cardio warmup

Bench:

45 x 10
135 x 8
185 x 6
225 x 4
250 x 2
135 x 10

Rack Pulls:

135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 5
455 x 1
495 x 1
515 x 1

Bent Over Rows:

135 x 10
185 x 8
225 x 4

Power Cleans:

135 x 5
155 x 1
155 x 1
155 x 1
165 x 1
165 x 1
185 x 1
185 x 1
205 x 1
205 x 1

Front Squats:

135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
245 x 1
255 x 1
275 x 1

Donesies.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What kind of massage you get? Think I may be in the market to try one out soon

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
What kind of massage you get? Think I may be in the market to try one out soon
I got a couples massage with my girlfriend, but the masseuse was awesome and gave me deep tissue, hot pads, and liniment on my back and shoulders. I usually get sports deep tissue massages.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I got a couples massage with my girlfriend, but the masseuse was awesome and gave me deep tissue, hot pads, and liniment on my back and shoulders. I usually get sports deep tissue massages.
Which do you feel is better for unwinding?