Strength while cutting

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Any supps people can recommend to keep strength and muscle size/density while on a cut? Anything to increase nitrogen retention? Got forskolin for now any recommendations?

AKM007

Awards
Phosphatidic acid via soy lecithin, creatine and baking soda is your cheapest stack for strength.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any supps people can recommend to keep strength and muscle size/density while on a cut? Anything to increase nitrogen retention? Got forskolin for now any recommendations?
AnaBeta Elite.

Had a user (others as well) just comment on how he lost 10lbs and gained strength in 8 weeks.

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the same boat as you and can't wait to try ABE for it but I'm gonna run ArA+EP1C+Triumph for now. Once I'm done with that I'm gonna do Alphamax for 4 weeks and then add ABE for the rest of the cycle

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys abe looks so good to me guess its worth the price and soy lecithin too forgot about that pretty cheap too

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the same boat as you and can't wait to try ABE for it but I'm gonna run ArA+EP1C+Triumph for now. Once I'm done with that I'm gonna do Alphamax for 4 weeks and then add ABE for the rest of the cycle
Looks solid, maybe add the pa from soy lecithin too even better
Edit: triumph i believe has you covered

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
If it had to come down to it what would you choose for cutting triumph or abe?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love Abe but I really only like it on a bulk tbh. Can increase my appetite a little too much. In this case I would go with triumph. Definitely a versatile product that can help you with strength. Going to be adding it to my cut here in a week or so. Orange cream is where it's at.

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/tr1umph-by-olympus-labs

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Id go Tr1umph if wanting to gain strength while on a cut. I still have two bottles of ABE for sale or trade.

AKM007

Awards
Don't forget ArA....surprised no one has mentioned it. Still imo, I would wait till lifts stall to begin adding these supps (except creatine possibly).

How long are you planning to cut? If you have the funds feel free to go wild...

Edit: Sorry Raul mentioned it..

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget ArA....surprised no one has mentioned it. Still imo, I would wait till lifts stall to begin adding these supps (except creatine possibly).

I mentioned ArA on my stack

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
Id go Tr1umph if wanting to gain strength while on a cut. I still have two bottles of ABE for sale or trade.
You're like that guy at a party that has a hook up for anything lol

georgetown

Awards
  • Established

Not long bout 6 more weeks i have a fat burner and thinking about one more supp might just soy lecithin granules as they are cheap

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Good recommendations above. It hasn't been mentioned, but I'm assuming you're already using creatine. That would obviously be my first suggestion. PA would be a good addition, but keep in mind that if you're using Soy Lecithin you'll need to account for the ~200 calories you get from it. PA is helpful with muscle retention, but I don't like using it on a cut because it makes me retain water and look bloated.

If your goal is strength gain/retention while dieting, I would recommend Alphamax XT. Alphamax XT contains a full serving of Forskolin, which you mentioned in your first post. The product contains a comprehensive profile containing the popular 3,4 Divanil to increase natural testosterone, as well as an AI to lower estrogen levels and help deliver a dry vascular look. Many people have used Alphamax on a cut or recomp and had great results

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would add AlphaMax XT and set your calories at a small deficit. I know you have F95 covered, but you could supplement with 100mg per day. You could always start with AlphaMax XT and then after a week or two, add a cap or two of your F95. I'm assuming the caps are 25mg each. AlphaMax XT will aid in recovery which can be compromised during a deficit. Also, ashwagandha is fully dosed in Alphamax XT will definitely aid in retaining strength.

CONCLUSION:

This study reports that ashwagandha supplementation is associated with significant increases in muscle mass and strength and suggests that ashwagandha supplementation may be useful in conjunction with a resistance training program.

Full Text: Examining the effect of Withania somnifera supplementation on muscle strength and recovery: a randomized controlled trial

EDIT - Sorry for posting right after John, I think we were both typing at the same time, but I was occupied with something else as well!

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Dropped creatine a while a go so im actually adding that now to help with strength i have oxymax xt so im thinking im pretty much covered for now

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
Good recommendations above. It hasn't been mentioned, but I'm assuming you're already using creatine. That would obviously be my first suggestion. PA would be a good addition, but keep in mind that if you're using Soy Lecithin you'll need to account for the ~200 calories you get from it. PA is helpful with muscle retention, but I don't like using it on a cut because it makes me retain water and look bloated.

If your goal is strength gain/retention while dieting, I would recommend Alphamax XT. Alphamax XT contains a full serving of Forskolin, which you mentioned in your first post. The product contains a comprehensive profile containing the popular 3,4 Divanil to increase natural testosterone, as well as an AI to lower estrogen levels and help deliver a dry vascular look. Many people have used Alphamax on a cut or recomp and had great results
I'll definitely be PMing you before I begin my Alphamax cycle I got 2 OG bottles coming in and goal will be body recomp while still gaining strength.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I'll definitely be PMing you before I begin my Alphamax cycle I got 2 OH bottles coming in and goal will be body recomp while still gaining strength.
Sounds good man, feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions you might have for your recomp cycle. More than happy to help brother.

It would also be helpful if you made a log so you can get input from others as well. Its always great to get perspective from different AM members and its a great way to document your progress. When are you starting the Alphamax cycle?

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good man, feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions you might have for your recomp cycle. More than happy to help brother.

It would also be helpful if you made a log so you can get input from others as well. Its always great to get perspective from different AM members and its a great way to document your progress. When are you starting the Alphamax cycle?
Not sure I got EP1C coming in next week I'm assuming. So I am debating whether to stack EP1C on top of ArA and go for some strength then begin an 8 week cycle of Alphamax to lean done and preserve as much as I can. Or run the 8 weeks of Alphamax first to lean down the first 4 weeks stand alone and maybe throw in something else the last 4. I'm currently 6' about 260 body fat in the mid 20s

Edit: I'll definitely be doing a log and a review at the end

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
for this current cut I used Leucine matrix (HMB+3g leucine), and alphamax combined with oxymax xt. Down 15lbs strength went up by 5-10lbs in 8weeks with proper diet and training included

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
for this current cut I used Leucine matrix (HMB+3g leucine), and alphamax combined with oxymax xt. Down 15lbs strength went up by 5-10lbs in 8weeks with proper diet and training included
I was looking at hmb as well

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Not looking for anything hormonal, so far creatine, oxymax xt, l carnitine, and inhibit e. Thinking of adding yohimbine hcl, bcaas, and hmb.
I would start with creatine, Oxymax XT, L-Carnitine, and possibly HMB and see how it treats you. I think you'll be very pleased with this stack. I would run Inhibit-E after Oxymax IMO. It would be a good way to length your cut cycle, and I think that adding in y-hcl later on in the cut would be very beneficial. I always add y-hcl toward the end of a cut when I'm trying to target those stubborn fat areas

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
What about Follidrone + Viron + Exotherm.

I have been using Exotherm standalone and found it to have strength boosting effects allowing for me to re-gain power after a slight strength decrease from a daily caloric deficit of 1000.

It is much nicer to be able to maintain or even increase strength whilst reducing body fat levels. It keeps you motivated.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What about Follidrone + Viron + Exotherm.

I have been using Exotherm standalone and found it to have strength boosting effects allowing for me to re-gain power after a slight strength decrease from a daily caloric deficit of 1000.

It is much nicer to be able to maintain or even increase strength whilst reducing body fat levels. It keeps you motivated.
This is an e****lent stack while cutting... Throw in some PA and/or HMB and you'll have a killer stack.!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Not looking for anything hormonal, so far creatine, oxymax xt, l carnitine, and inhibit e. Thinking of adding yohimbine hcl, bcaas, and hmb.
I am competing in a drug tested competition this weekend so I had to go the non-hormonal route as well as the WADA banned substance list. Really limits the types of supps I can use. 1week before competition I had to stop ephedrine+oxymax, along with alphamax.
CreMax Xt has been my creatine product and is fully approved and includes betaine, creatine, and an electrolyte matrix to prevent cramping when dieting. The leucine matrix was from the makers of Hyde and it was BOGO.

BCAA's are only useful if you train in the morning with empty stomach really. They can be omitted.
Same to l-carnitine really, I personally don't find it does anything for me in specific.

I wanted yohimbine but never got around to buying them :(

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
I am competing in a drug tested competition this weekend so I had to go the non-hormonal route as well as the WADA banned substance list. Really limits the types of supps I can use. 1week before competition I had to stop ephedrine+oxymax, along with alphamax.
CreMax Xt has been my creatine product and is fully approved and includes betaine, creatine, and an electrolyte matrix to prevent cramping when dieting. The leucine matrix was from the makers of Hyde and it was BOGO.

BCAA's are only useful if you train in the morning with empty stomach really. They can be omitted.
Same to l-carnitine really, I personally don't find it does anything for me in specific.

I wanted yohimbine but never got around to buying them :(
Damn that sucks you had to stop those supps, but l carnitine came free with my oxymax xt so im using those two along with creatine, hmb, inhibit e and yohimbine

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
If you ever venture to the other areas of AM, I am pretty dang impressed with MK-2866/Ostarine during my current 800kcal deficit cut.

AKM007

Awards
If you ever venture to the other areas of AM, I am pretty dang impressed with MK-2866/Ostarine during my current 800kcal deficit cut.
Venture there you must not....beware the dark side young padawan...

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
I have always lost overall strength to a degree on a cut the longer the cut and or more restrictive the calories, the more overall strength I have lost.

What seemed to help me the most was simply eating the most I could, while still losing weight so a slower cut essentially to help preserve as much lean mass as possible. This is something Layne Norton discussed in depth on metabolic adaptations but my cut was fairly long and was a large amount of weight loss so likely far different in both amount and time frames.

PA makes me way too hungry to use on a cut, on a recomp last year ( used a reverse diet to kick it off ) using Soy Lecithin granules it was such a massive increase in appetite even at 4500-5000 a day I was going to bed starving and using ephedrine mid day to help.

^ would 2nd this it shined a good bit for me had used it at 15mg ED my first run on a cut with it

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Laxogenin is a good product that helps with the leaning effect and helps maintain/increase strength. BPS has some beta testers finishing up their logs of the new version of Laxacrine. It is a transdermal product that most have found the sweet spot to be a 100 mg (4 pumps) per day.