Strength drop

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So I’ve had the WORST combo of **** happen to me and my strength dropped rather drastically. Bench went from 225x3 to 180x4... dumbbell press on incline wasn’t as drastic at 80x8 to 70x10 but that was with a slingshot ??*♂. Other than that everything went down a good bit.
What happened was I was doing a Sarm cycle and at the end of it I found out I had a horribly herniated muscle in my leg that needed put back together. Sooooo I had to start pct the day of my surgery and was out of the gym for a week and some change. I’m not starting another cycle just yet so that isn’t an option but other than the obvious, would anyone have any tips to get my strength back up? I haven’t lost any size otherwise.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I’ve had the WORST combo of **** happen to me and my strength dropped rather drastically. Bench went from 225x3 to 180x4... dumbbell press on incline wasn’t as drastic at 80x8 to 70x10 but that was with a slingshot ??*♂. Other than that everything went down a good bit.
What happened was I was doing a Sarm cycle and at the end of it I found out I had a horribly herniated muscle in my leg that needed put back together. Sooooo I had to start pct the day of my surgery and was out of the gym for a week and some change. I’m not starting another cycle just yet so that isn’t an option but other than the obvious, would anyone have any tips to get my strength back up? I haven’t lost any size otherwise.
ust get back in the gym, muscle memory should have your lifts back pretty fast

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Drop sets and lots of sleep. I swear by drop sets, whenever I’m not progressing in weight, I go 70% of my heavy working set and just start dropping weight at failure. If you incline 225 at your strongest for 10. Put 185 all in 25s. And just drop a 25 off each side right at failure. You’ll be incline benching 240 in no time if you do that regularly.

cody199477

Awards
  • Established
Drop the volume and up the intensity. Do multiple sets with reps of 2 or 3 with higher weight to get your body adapted to working with that weight again. This happens when natural

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Drop the volume and up the intensity. Do multiple sets with reps of 2 or 3 with higher weight to get your body adapted to working with that weight again. This happens when natural
Hes coming off injury. Heavy low rep sets are not the best idea

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hes coming off injury. Heavy low rep sets are not the best idea
Yeah I can’t even really do 135 on T bar rows without my injury burning like hell and not in the good way. I did 135 for 10 reps tonight and it’s normally not an issue but my leg just hurt too bad so I had to drop a plate and just did High reps.
I appreciate all the advice from everyone though!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thankful that it’s just in the leg though, you can continue training upper body. I had a wrist tendon tear that pretty munched benched me from all upper body work for 9 months. Do more seated work for now brotha!!!