Storing Supplements in the Fridge

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just wondering if it is ok to store my supplements in the fridge. I've always stored my fish oils/cla and other oil type products in the fridge. However I have been putting my pills together in a small carrying case the night before for the next day. Then I put the carrying case in the fridge.

Here is a list of what I take

Usp Labs SuperCissus RX

PES- Alpha-T2(New version)

Bio-Mend- AN

Now foods Astaxanthin

Prostate Power RX

Primordial Performance CLA

Now Foods Super Epa

Now Foods Adam

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Only makes perfect logical sense to me. All you're doing is adding another layer of preservation.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks for the reply Whacked. I wasn't sure.

Hey I just got an email saying this,

"T H E O R E M has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Storing Supplements in the Fridge - in the Supplements forum of AnabolicMinds.com Forum."

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bizarre - Maybe he simply deleted his post?

More on the subject:

Supps that oxidize quickly are always best kept in the fridge (fats, fish oils andc caps, etc)
Probiotics are "alive" and also better stored in the fridge retard breakdown.
Magnesium supplements, along with many others "can be" very unstable in humid conditions.
Heck, Magnesium draws water to itself.

Most regular supps are stable at room temp and the silica packs added assist with the hygroscopic/humidity and freshness issue; well, so does the fridge. PS, if the storage temp goes above 85 degrees F, then you start to have the potential for some issues.

Light also is a problem, so cool dark, low humidity is the ideal.Vit C is light unstable.

Thanks for the reply Whacked. I wasn't sure.

Hey I just got an email saying this,

"T H E O R E M has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Storing Supplements in the Fridge - in the Supplements forum of AnabolicMinds.com Forum."

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well my Multivitamin has 25mg of Magnesium in it. Do you really think that could be a problem though?. The supplements I actually store in the fridge long-term are my oil type supplements. The others I just store overnight and for the next days consumption. I may leave the pill box out during the day for an unspecific amount of time. Just because I spread out my dosages and may leave it out as a reminder to take my supps.

I don't know I think I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Neh, your fine bro.

The magnesium comments from me earlier were advising you to take a little extra care of avoiding humidity and/or storage conditions above 85F as Mg has more of a propensity for damage due to it's chemical nature (hydrophilic). No need for refrigeration.