Stomach pain and bloating after acid reflux surgery

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I told my friend I would talk to you guys for him about what he might be able to do to help his current situation. This is the message he sent me to show you guys

"I've had acid reflux disease for 10 years, then I had surgery 5 years ago and got “Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication" opperation, then 5 years later I got revision sugery and sence after I've had alot of bloating and discomfort due do the fact that it's hard for me to burb and air tends to get stuck in my stomach. I was wondering if you guys knew any way to help me with this constant bloating and discomfort."

purelife1

i would talk to his doc..... i had simialr problems years ago from letting hernia go for to long and developed GERD had to have dialotor put in my throat so i could eat..gave me pills for the problem which caused others problems so more pills etc..eventually i quit going to doc..almost no problems now with proper diet...could also be some of the foods he is eating.... tomatoes kill me

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
see the doc. he indeed may need dilated.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
i would talk to his doc..... i had simialr problems years ago from letting hernia go for to long and developed GERD had to have dialotor put in my throat so i could eat..gave me pills for the problem which caused others problems so more pills etc..eventually i quit going to doc..almost no problems now with proper diet...could also be some of the foods he is eating.... tomatoes kill me
Thats basically what's happening to him. The doctors that he's talked to only give him pills and basically tell him to ignore the pain. I don't think they ever really mentioned a good diet plan for him.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking. Would it help, if he took digestive enzymes to help with the bloating?

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
no. i think his nissen is too tight. he needs to see a surgeon or GI doc for dilation. its hard for me to believe those digestive enzymes they sell can themselves survive digestion in order to do any good

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
i just had this surgery done almost two weeks ago!! i had a hiatal hernia and really bad acid reflux for a year and a half along with feeling like i had a lump in my throat that gagged me all the time. i'm about two weeks post op and it hurts when eat most of the time i have to go slowly and if i swallow a medium-large bite of food i get a sharp pain in my chest like i'm having a heart attack. the doc says this will go away after several weeks and its depressing me. i also constantly feel i have to burp all the time but can't because of the stupid surgery. i'm taking beano the see if that will help (digestive enzymes) but no difference yet. if you could pm me with his email address i'd like to talk to him about it...i'm only 19 and don't want to live the rest of my life like this

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
what diet did you find helps with this? no matter what i try nothing seems to work.