State your immediate POSTWORKOUT drink here!

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
I've been using Golden Finish for a while now with no complaints ... picked up some Relentless during the sale at Nutraplanet ... trying that when the GF is gone

usually eat 3 eggs and 4 whites w/ 1 cup of oats 45min later

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Big ups to Relentless. Only caveat is I'm still not used to having chocolate after my workout.

I've been using Golden Finish for a while now with no complaints ... picked up some Relentless during the sale at Nutraplanet ... trying that when the GF is gone

usually eat 3 eggs and 4 whites w/ 1 cup of oats 45min later

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
Big ups to Relentless. Only caveat is I'm still not used to having chocolate after my workout.
did you add anything to it or just take it as directed on the label w/ no added carbs or protein?

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
Sam Adams or ON whey protein ...whichever one I have on hand

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I may not be positive on this, although I think I am... But isn't the waxy-maize starch supposed to be consumed on an empty stomach void of other macronutrients? (this is exluding free aminos or BCAAs). The absorption factor of WMS would be hindered with a whey concentrate/isolate blend, pretty severly hampered with peanut butter, and to top it off with milk would definitely be asking for a whopping case of the GI grumble effect and some serious craps.
Really man? I only started putting the PB in at the end of my bulk.. it seemed fine having the WMS with the whey, but idk next bulk I'll try immedietly having WMS then 15-25 min later having the rest of the shake.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
did you add anything to it or just take it as directed on the label w/ no added carbs or protein?
Just some creatine mono. Its a pretty solid formulation. Check out the ingredient panel. NP has a killer (read: insane) deal on it right now.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Really man? I only started putting the PB in at the end of my bulk.. it seemed fine having the WMS with the whey, but idk next bulk I'll try immedietly having WMS then 15-25 min later having the rest of the shake.
Cool wrasslin, I think you'd have much more favorable results.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Sam Adams or ON whey protein ...whichever one I have on hand
How about a Samuel Jackson? Good mother ****in' beer! You'll be ****in' fat girls in no time!

Attachments

brizzle319

Awards
12oz water, 3 scoops nLarge2 (choc), 1 tablespoon glutamine, 1 tablespoon creatine mono, 1 banana, 1 large scoop peanutbutter, lots of ice @ 80 g protein or more

interrupt

Awards
Gatorade, 10g BCAA, 50g Whey Isolate, 10g Glutamine, 5g Creatine, Liquid Multi. mmmm gooood!!!:D

interrupt

Awards
40g-50g of protein (Beverely UMP) and 30g of WMS.

I may be switching to just straight Whey Iso to save some money. I don't think the extras in the UMP are as useful in the post-workout. I have to find a flavor/brand I really like which I have not found yet.
I'm using the Ergopharm GFPro Dutch Chocolate. Taste great and mixes well in a blender! You really have to shake tho if you use a shaker cup.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
2 scoops of whey (50g )

1 scoop dextrose

footster

footster

Awards
Based on the ratio of 2:1 (carbos:protein) that is used to replenish damage caused by extended aerobic sessions, this would be a good idea to maintain muscle and fuel glycogen stores during/after some competitive athletic events. This 2:1 ratio ideal has brought much success for the acclaimed 'Endurox' and 'Accelerade' products. I know many that use this during long races, especially rowing.

As far as mass retention (anabolic/anti-catabolic properties), it is NOT necessary for simple carbs after a workout. The carbs that you've been consuming throughout the week, the day, etc. should be complex carbs that will indeed guarantee there is no excessive glycogen depletion. A fast absorbing protein is reccommended immediately following an intense resistance training session. We don't need some 'super-carb' crap to magically shuttle the aminos to the muscle. It's a good suggestion for ectomorphs who are trying desperately to gain size, but as for most people you will end up just getting bloated and 'cosmetically' pumped.

As far as I go... I drink about 45 grams of Oryx Goat Whey (predigested pretty much) with water and I may eat a couple slices of Ezekiel cinn-raisin bread with it, or eat a wholesome meal about 45 minutes to an hour later.
Hey man everyone is crazy about carbs after the work out..but your the first Ive heard of saying the carbs through out the day should be sufficient enough. Interesting...

teribleturtle

Awards
2 scoops of ON Whey with fat free milk, and either a banana or a bagel, but if I am really hungry i'll eat both.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey man everyone is crazy about carbs after the work out..but your the first Ive heard of saying the carbs through out the day should be sufficient enough. Interesting...
hes right tho, unless you are doing serious marathon workouts (over 90 minutes of heavy lifting) its probably not too critical to get in significant carbs right after. I still think it makes me feel better, but that could be just psychological :)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it's like going koo koo for Coacoa Puffs. Yeah, for sure the consumption of complex carbs throughout the day will more than cover your body's recovery. If you find yourself especially mentally drained after a workout, a banana is more than enough for some quick release and slow release sugars along with vitamins and minerals to get you back into balance.

The whole idea of 'jack your insulin with all this refined sugar' maybe holds a little bit more merit than 'take our nighttime bovine caseine before bed so your muscles don't breakdown while you sleep'.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, it's like going koo koo for Coacoa Puffs. Yeah, for sure the consumption of complex carbs throughout the day will more than cover your body's recovery. If you find yourself especially mentally drained after a workout, a banana is more than enough for some quick release and slow release sugars along with vitamins and minerals to get you back into balance.

The whole idea of 'jack your insulin with all this refined sugar' maybe holds a little bit more merit than 'take our nighttime bovine caseine before bed so your muscles don't breakdown while you sleep'.
this is exactly how i feel :cheers:

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
'take our nighttime bovine caseine before bed so your muscles don't breakdown while you sleep'.
this one always makes me laugh. If you are one that believes that your muscles will start catabolism overnight, then you need to do alot more research and read a lot more book in the field of human anatomy & physiology. It just isnt going to happen. Now maybe after 40+ hours of no food, then you might want to get a protein shake.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
70g WMS
50g Dextrose
5g Creatine
10g Bcaa's
12oz Water
then within thirty minutes
60g Whey Protein
1 cup Uncooked oatmeal
1 Scoop Natty peanut butter
1 Banana
Whole Milk, Couple of Ice cubes, Blender, Tasty

Last edited:
LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
Whey (35g) and water.

I take P-slin before and have my carbs (Super-carb/WMS) Pre and during my workout. Also take AP about 45min to an hour after the whey followed by a solid meal with at least 40g complex carbs and more whole food protein.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I noticed a lot of you guys use Gatorade... but it contains HFCS and I avoid that as if it were the plague!

Actually I avoid fructose PERIOD unless it comes in it's original container!

powercleaning

Awards
10-15G bcaa
5-10G dextrose
1G CM
1G BA
2G Taurine

This is what I am currently taking on a cut.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Work out maxamizer has the right carbs to protein ratio. Love it. I recover very fast.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Quart of low fat chocolate milk, 4 servings of powdered milk, half cup of oats, BCAA's, 2 tablespoons of natty PB.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fruit smoothie lol and whatever else i'm in the mood :D

Post-workout drinks are over-hyped to hell.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Fruit smoothie lol and whatever else i'm in the mood :D

Post-workout drinks are over-hyped to hell.
Fruit smoothies are dope after a long cardio workout. Hellz yes. I'm about to do a lot of cardio now and I have some sliced strawberries and bananas waiting in the fridge here at the gym for when I'm done. Then I've got a Boarshead turkey and 1 slice cheese with roasted peppers and balsamic vinegar on Ezekiel bread waiting for after the fruit.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
3 scoops of Biotest Surge Recovery drink (original flavor - for some reason some of the flavors have a different nutrient profile)... and 2 teaspoons of sugar.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
based on ingredients, I find that GOLDEN FINISH has one of the best blend of post workout nutrition.

does anybody agree with me??
Agreed. This product is pimpin.

I take ywellow gold 20 mins before infinishing the workout. I take in 50 whey with 100 c honey(maybe fruit) and Purple wrath

psychobabble

psychobabble

Awards
  • Established
As above.

I would like to know what everyone takes IMMEDIATE POSTWORKOUT.

Cheers!
:bb2::donut:
currently i just intake around
5gm of gul. plus
16grms of zoneperfect bar
8oz-16oz glass of milk(8-16gm of protein)
1cap of kre-alkEFX 750mg

has been working out for me real good, soon i will substitute the glutamine powder with XTEND ...as i have heard/read alot of good stuff about the product.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Golden Finish is a real solid product up and down but the price is too high for me to justify using it.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I shotgun 6 beers and smoke a little crack with a protein/ghb/mescaline mix, Sh@t works great!!!!!!! lol

J/k If I am bulking it consist of either protein with fruit smoothie or protein and oatmeal, except for now I am not eating any carbs except for post workout(and carb ups) So I eat a orange and some protein...........and crack lol

psychobabble

psychobabble

Awards
  • Established
Golden Finish is a real solid product up and down but the price is too high for me to justify using it.
never had it, just searched it up ..yahh it is kinda pricey esp for only 20servings .. how does it taste/mixes easily ?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Golden Finish looks nice, but seems a bit pricey... then again... If you workout 5 days a week, you get a month supply of all you need for extensive post-workout replenishment/recovery formula.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
never had it, just searched it up ..yahh it is kinda pricey esp for only 20servings .. how does it taste/mixes easily ?
I must recommend Biotest's Surge (original flavor)..

It's great.. Great!!! and it's only 29.99 for the same amount of servings.

interrupt

Awards
I noticed a lot of you guys use Gatorade... but it contains HFCS and I avoid that as if it were the plague!

Actually I avoid fructose PERIOD unless it comes in it's original container!
Whats HFCS?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
mixes good. I work out three days per week Dc training so if this is the case it lasts longer. I used to take two servings of it. lasted me a month

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
used to be 1 scoop whey with 40g dextrose, multivitamin on a traditional diet.

now it's 1 scoop whey with 1 tbsp olive oil, multivitamin on the AD.

interrupt

Awards
high fructose corn syrup
You're absolutely right! I'm siting here staring at the ingredients as I type this... I always thought that it was a glucose drink!! Wow! starting tomorrow, I'm gona have too find something else to drink PWO now... How is that ON 2:1:1 recovery drink?

freakabe

Awards
wow its great to see so many replies here!!

keep 'em coming man!!!

:donut:

I think golden finish has a real damn good blend, but the price is steep!!

On a cut now, so For me, I just mix 6 scoops of extend into my blender, drink it near to the end of weights, and during cardio.

1 hour later i have a full meal with rice and chicken breast or steak.

do u guys think its enough?>?

I personally feel PRE workout prep is more important than POST workout prep.

:cheers:

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
wow its great to see so many replies here!!

keep 'em coming man!!!

:donut:

I think golden finish has a real damn good blend, but the price is steep!!

On a cut now, so For me, I just mix 6 scoops of extend into my blender, drink it near to the end of weights, and during cardio.

1 hour later i have a full meal with rice and chicken breast or steak.

do u guys think its enough?>?

I personally feel PRE workout prep is more important than POST workout prep.

:cheers:
I suggest giving "Nutrient Timing: The Future of Sports Nutrition" a good read.. It shows the science behind what actually is important, and when it is most important. This book has completely set the way I view pre, during, and post workout nutrition... In a good way :).. Oh, and it backs everything up with scientific studies... Such a good read.

freakabe

Awards
I suggest giving "Nutrient Timing: The Future of Sports Nutrition" a good read.. It shows the science behind what actually is important, and when it is most important. This book has completely set the way I view pre, during, and post workout nutrition... In a good way :).. Oh, and it backs everything up with scientific studies... Such a good read.

thanks!!

could u summarize some key points that the author mentions! regarding pre and post workout nutrition..

:bb2:

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's gonna be Axis Labs's Muscle Delight. :food:

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
thanks!!

could u summarize some key points that the author mentions! regarding pre and post workout nutrition..

:bb2:
Sure..

Shake to be sipped from 10 minutes pre, throughout the rest of the workout:
  • 6 grams of whey
  • 24 grams of dextrose
  • 1 gram of leucine
Immediately Post-Workout (down this shake!!!):
  • 15 grams of whey
  • 50 grams of dextrose
  • 2 grams of leucine
  • 2 grams of glutamine
2 hours after the first post-workout shake:
  • 14 grams of whey
  • 2 grams of casein
  • 3 grams of leucine
  • 1 grams of glutamine
  • 4 grams of dextrose
This is all done in order to maximize glycogen replenishment, and protein synthesis.. Several studies are cited in the book showing the relationships between high GI carbs used in conjuction with a fast acting protein pre, during, and post workout.. And it's insane just how effective a little sugar and whey can be...

P.s: The numbers above are pretty much the base level, they can be raised higher.. the important thing is that a 3:1, to 4:1 ratio of Dextrose to Whey be maintained..

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
35gms protein and fruit. apple or banana

amadorian

Awards
I haven't read anyone using Casien and Whey. I read the study that is says these two post workout is more effective than just whey alone.

freakabe

Awards
Sure..

Shake to be sipped from 10 minutes pre, throughout the rest of the workout:
  • 6 grams of whey
  • 24 grams of dextrose
  • 1 gram of leucine
Immediately Post-Workout (down this shake!!!):
  • 15 grams of whey
  • 50 grams of dextrose
  • 2 grams of leucine
  • 2 grams of glutamine
2 hours after the first post-workout shake:
  • 14 grams of whey
  • 2 grams of casein
  • 3 grams of leucine
  • 1 grams of glutamine
  • 4 grams of dextrose
This is all done in order to maximize glycogen replenishment, and protein synthesis.. Several studies are cited in the book showing the relationships between high GI carbs used in conjuction with a fast acting protein pre, during, and post workout.. And it's insane just how effective a little sugar and whey can be...

P.s: The numbers above are pretty much the base level, they can be raised higher.. the important thing is that a 3:1, to 4:1 ratio of Dextrose to Whey be maintained..

wow thanks bro!!

currently I'm on a cut now(week8), do u think the dextrose for PREWORKOUT is needed?? For preworkout I usually take superpump250 or ragnarok.

Near Post, I start to sip on Xtend. 20 mins after post (which is after I shower), I immediately take 40g carbs, 20g protein 2:1 ratio.

Lastly about 90 minutes postworkout, i have my rice/chicken meal.

From what u say, I think I should shift more of my carbs to pre and immediate postworkout, and reduce my carbs for the postworkout meal???

:hot:

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
wow thanks bro!!

currently I'm on a cut now(week8), do u think the dextrose for PREWORKOUT is needed?? For preworkout I usually take superpump250 or ragnarok.

Near Post, I start to sip on Xtend. 20 mins after post (which is after I shower), I immediately take 40g carbs, 20g protein 2:1 ratio.

Lastly about 90 minutes postworkout, i have my rice/chicken meal.

From what u say, I think I should shift more of my carbs to pre and immediate postworkout, and reduce my carbs for the postworkout meal???

:hot:
Well, when I say 10 minutes pre-workout and throughout the rest of the workout... I mean that you begin sipping the drink 10 minutes pre, and finish it by the end (not at the end though, because that's where your immediate post workout drink is).. Drinking it before and during is mostly to blunt the rise in cortisol that would normally be associated with a prolonged period of weight training.

And yes, you can still lower your carbs for your post workout meal (around 2 hours after training).