Starting TRT

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
Long time lurker, new poster.

I'm starting TRT Monday.

160mg of Test C., 20cc or so 4 days a week. No AI or HCG.

I pinned years ago for a cycle of Test E and Dbol. I'm relatively new to pinning.

Any advice?

My hair is thinning, so I just may say forget it and shave it before it gets worse. I just ran of cycle of topical Andro and it killed my already thinning hairline.

Also, I'm looking to lose a bit of weight while on. Any advice beside eat less, exercise more lol?

What support supplements does everyone recommend. I'm taking Lisinopril (preemptively), aspirin 325 and a cycle support supplement.

Thank you bruhs!

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
For your fat loss goals, watch this lecture series:

It's like 8 parts and they're long, but if you're serious about reducing body fat: watch, listen, take notes, and then commit to making real progress and gitterdun!

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
I was actually looking for advice for fat loss on TRT, BUT this is actually great stuff!! A lot of it is a refresher, but very useful, thank you!

manbeast1

manbeast1

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was actually looking for advice for fat loss on TRT, BUT this is actually great stuff!! A lot of it is a refresher, but very useful, thank you!
I eat ketoish mainly meat and green veggies I’m on 200mg of test a week as of last week and no ai though they gave it just in case and no hcg or anything. I can’t speak on the hairloss part as I’m not one to lose hair the men in my family keep it all the way to the grave. I’ve lost 5% bf since starting trt a month ago but I run 4-6 miles a day and lift hard and heavy Plus my diet is on point.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't think your approach to diet and excercise changes in any way going on trt. Might be more energetic and thus expend a little more calories and might recover a little better and thus be able to train a little more.

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
I eat ketoish mainly meat and green veggies I’m on 200mg of test a week as of last week and no ai though they gave it just in case and no hcg or anything. I can’t speak on the hairloss part as I’m not one to lose hair the men in my family keep it all the way to the grave. I’ve lost 5% bf since starting trt a month ago but I run 4-6 miles a day and lift hard and heavy Plus my diet is on point.
Thanks man.

I'm eating high protein, mod fat, & low carb. I'm down 31 lbs in 9 weeks. My diet is on point.

Lifting 3-5 times per week. HIIT 2 per week, LISS once weekly.

4-6 miles a day! Damn bro! Are you actually running outside or treadmill?

Are you any other gear?

Do you pin once or multiple times? I'm getting mixed responses to this.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Like Kvan said, there's nothing really magical about TRT in regards to body fat loss. The same basic principles apply. Diet and exercise are gonna produce the results.

Glad you liked the video, I have a cut planned for about 5 weeks from now where I intend to use the RP method that's layed out in that lecture series. Really excited to see where it takes me.

I hope you have great success with your fitness goals!

manbeast1

manbeast1

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man.

I'm eating high protein, mod fat, & low carb. I'm down 31 lbs in 9 weeks. My diet is on point.

Lifting 3-5 times per week. HIIT 2 per week, LISS once weekly.

4-6 miles a day! Damn bro! Are you actually running outside or treadmill?

Are you any other gear?

Do you pin once or multiple times? I'm getting mixed responses to this.
Both treadmill and road. No gear just test c, tada, bcaa, multi vitamin and Mk 677 just because I have it. I do Monday and Thursday seems to work for me. It’s all about commitment and if you have your diet dialed in that key.

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
Thank you gents for the advice!

Here are my support supplements/additional supplements, please critique:

-Multivitamin
-Fish Oil
-CoQ10
-Lisinopril (preventative)
-325mg of chewable Asprin
-Superoxide Dismutase
-IML Cycle Support
-Boron (for SBHG)

-Injectable L-Carnitine
-Injectable MICB12

I'm unsure of the injection cycles for the L-Carn, so any advice would be dope.

And lastly, my clinic wants me to pin TEST 4 times a week. Is there any reason I could do 2 per week? So as to not feel like a pincushion. From my understanding more frequent pinning can causes an increase in hematocrit levels.

I was thinking Tuesday & Thursday?

Last edited:
Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
Fat loss on trt is no different then fat loss off trt. Trt isint going to make you burn fat differently
I guess I meant, would an increased caloric deficit coupled with the exogenous test allow me to preserve more LBM?

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
Both treadmill and road. No gear just test c, tada, bcaa, multi vitamin and Mk 677 just because I have it. I do Monday and Thursday seems to work for me. It’s all about commitment and if you have your diet dialed in that key.
Still very impressive. My endurance has been complete BS. I've built myself up to 2 miles, on the road, but feel like death after it lol. I'm working my way up.

I'm not sure about your age, but how are your joints holding up from all that running? I know I'm hurting if I do running/jogging more than 1-2 per week.

manbeast1

manbeast1

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Still very impressive. My endurance has been complete BS. I've built myself up to 2 miles, on the road, but feel like death after it lol. I'm working my way up.

I'm not sure about your age, but how are your joints holding up from all that running? I know I'm hurting if I do running/jogging more than 1-2 per week.
Just turned 40 I was in the military for 9 years. some runs I do in my weightvest which is anywhere from 50 to 100 lbs depending on the day. Joints are good 2 go. Working out has been a part of my life since high school doing powerlifting but now it’s pure fun and a good outlet for ptsd and other issues.

manbeast1

manbeast1

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you gents for the advice!

Here are my support supplements/additional supplements, please critique:

-Multivitamin
-Fish Oil
-CoQ10
-Lisinopril (preventative)
-325mg of chewable Asprin
-Superoxide Dismutase
-IML Cycle Support

-Injectable L-Carnitine
-Injectable MICB12

I'm unsure of the injection cycles for the L-Carn, so any advice would be dope.

And lastly, my clinic wants me to pin TEST 4 times a week. Is there any reason I could do 2 per week? So as to not feel like a pincushion. From my understanding more frequent pinning can causes an increase in hematocrit levels.

I was thinking Tuesday & Thursday?
pinning multiple times in smaller doses help control estrogen and peaks and valleys in your hormone levels. Everyone is different i per twice I may split into three.

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
Just turned 40 I was in the military for 9 years. some runs I do in my weightvest which is anywhere from 50 to 100 lbs depending on the day. Joints are good 2 go. Working out has been a part of my life since high school doing powerlifting but now it’s pure fun and a good outlet for ptsd and other issues.
That's awesome man. I turn 38 next week. I've been working out since, consistently since 2009. My mobility is definitely suffering as I get older.

Speaking of the military, I've actually been doing ruck march hikes. Nothing crazy, 50 lb. vest maybe 2-5 miles over NE USA, hilly, forest terrain. I love it!

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I guess I meant, would an increased caloric deficit coupled with the exogenous test allow me to preserve more LBM?
Actual TRT is designed to get you to normal physiological test level (although the levels could stay more consistent throughout the day, depending on the ester, frequency of pinning, etc.). That's why true TRT won't get you anywhere different when it comes to fat loss.

If you expect your TRT to get you into supraphysiological test levels, you're basically talking about a cruise. Could you expect to lose less LBM on a cut when you have higher than natural levels of testosterone? Yeah, it's definitely possible.

But still, (by my understanding) the main drivers in muscle loss on a cut are going to be:

A. Total Caloric Deficit
B. Training (for muscle retention)
C. Frequency of Protein Ingestion

If you dial those in correctly, you can negate (or at worst minimize) muscle loss on a cut (even at natty T levels).

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
Actual TRT is designed to get you to normal physiological test level (although the levels could stay more consistent throughout the day, depending on the ester, frequency of pinning, etc.). That's why true TRT won't get you anywhere different when it comes to fat loss.

If you expect your TRT to get you into supraphysiological test levels, you're basically talking about a cruise. Could you expect to lose less LBM on a cut when you have higher than natural levels of testosterone? Yeah, it's definitely possible.

But still, (by my understanding) the main drivers in muscle loss on a cut are going to be:

A. Total Caloric Deficit
B. Training (for muscle retention)
C. Frequency of Protein Ingestion

If you dial those in correctly, you can negate (or at worst minimize) muscle loss on a cut (even at natty T levels).
Nicely said! I also appreciate the RP bullet points! I may throw in some Anavar down the road, as my clinic prescribes it. I'm confident that the test may help, as my levels pre trt were/are at 190. I feel like an 80 year old man. Anything will help at this point!

Diet is in check, protein is good, exercise frequency is there. In all honesty I'm at 20% BF, and I'd like to hit 15%. I haven't been 15% in like a decade.

Last edited:
Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nicely said! I also appreciate the RP bullet points! I may throw in some Anavar down the road, as my clinic prescribes it. I'm confident that the test may help, as my levels pre trt were/are at 190. I feel like an 80 year old man. Anything will help at this point!

Diet is in check, protein is good, exercise frequency is there. In all honesty I'm at 20% BF, and I'd like to hit 15%. I haven't been 15% in like a decade.
Nice informational back and forth between you and @match .

Yeah, if you've got extremely low levels of Test (like you had) then increasing them to normal levels via TRT can be beneficial in training, fat loss, and muscle retention on a cut.
(Although training, diet, and rest will still be the largest driving factors).

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards

Yeah, if you've got extremely low levels of Test (like you had) then increasing them to normal levels via TRT can be beneficial in training, fat loss, and muscle retention on a cut.

Thank you for the clarification.

It's weird, I've done steroid cycles, mostly oral and lately some topical, but it wasn't until the last few months that I realized that I may need TRT. I was tested 3 different times, and after my levels came in at 213, 199, and 190, I've decided once and for all that I need to intervene.

Any additional weight loss, with diet, training and workout frequency in check would be awesome, but in truth, I'd just like to feel better. I don't need to be alpha, but normal for a 37 year old, going on 38 year old dude, who takes care of himself would be cool.

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
pinning multiple times in smaller doses help control estrogen and peaks and valleys in your hormone levels. Everyone is different i per twice I may split into three.
Good information; that was my basic understanding as well.

Although, my clinic wants me to pin 20cc Mon-Wed-Fri-Sat... Wouldn't Sunday be more appropriate than Saturday?

I may just do M-W-F or T-TH. I've never had estrogen problems, to date at least.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

For me personally, the difference from natty to trt was pretty much non-existent in the ability to build muscle and loose fat. Maybe a slight edge on fat loss because you can diet harder without feeling as crappy because your t levels won't drop off, but I do not feel like trt is enough to prevent muscle loss from a large calorie deficit.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
lionking999 Anabolics 176
Topher_ruiz Anabolics 5
brandlife 35 and Older 21
BloodManor Male Anti-Aging Medicine 10