Starting cut while on cycle?

Brandon25

Awards
I'm about 5 weeks into a cycle of 1/4/epi. and currently sitting at 187lbs 13%bf height 5'11 age 25. Basketball season just ended for me so now I'm wanting to clean up my diet and get ready for summer. Is it okay to start cutting while on cycle because I really prefer not to wait until after cycle and PCT is over. My goal is to get to about 8%bf by mid May. The plan is to eat 2100 cal at 200g Protein 180g carb 65g fat. I've got my meal plans made out and I'm ready to start as soon as Monday. Just not quite sure that I'll be able to view results on the scale due to being on cycle still, but I'm assuming there will still be a visual difference. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks guys!

Brandon25

Awards
Actually I just recalculated macros. I'm thinking 2250 cal. 250g protein 200g carb 50g fat. Gonna do that for 2 weeks then alter if need be. Planning to start a log to track progress. Not quite sure how i feel about cutting while on cycle though. But here goes nothing. Goal is really well-defined stomach by end of May. Thinking about 8% bf.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nothing "wrong" with cutting on-cycle. In fact, has some pretty good pros going for it. Arguably better than cutting off-cycle. But some guys will be adamant "dont waste your cycle cutting!" Meh.

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
Nothing "wrong" with cutting on-cycle. In fact, has some pretty good pros going for it. Arguably better than cutting off-cycle. But some guys will be adamant "dont waste your cycle cutting!" Meh.
Never thought cutting on cycle was worth it cuz i mean your on anabolics so why not put them to use and gain mass, but I cut once using keto on an epimaxx cycle and I lost no size. Gained strength and lost fat like crazy

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Never thought cutting on cycle was worth it cuz i mean your on anabolics so why not put them to use and gain mass, but I cut once using keto on an epimaxx cycle and I lost no size. Gained strength and lost fat like crazy
Yeah guess it depends on your short and long term goals, as in whats important to you at that time. Some guys will want to cut and not delay their cycle before doing so. As I said (and you yourself have experience with), cutting on cycle has advantages over other times. If someone was 12% bodyfat or lower, and non-competing, Id think recomp or slight surplus would be ideal use of a cycle. I mean, they wouldnt need to cut.