LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I would start the business from another angle: researching the ins and outs first.

Costs skyrocket when you have no idea what to expect and budget for
This! And I would think of a success gameplan when it comes to marketing. Whats your strategy to let everyone know about your product. That's where you will make or break when it comes to getting the word out.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OP, lets hear about a formula or two you plan on releasing. genuinely curious
Code name: Valhalla

200mg DMAA
150mg 2-Amino-6
200mg 2-Amino-5
150mg Eria Jarensis
250mg Caffeine
75mg "Spiked" Dendrobium
6g Citrulline
2g Agmatine
1.5g Nitrosigine

Should take care of all the bases lol

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

200mg DMAA
150mg 2-Amino-6
200mg 2-Amino-5
150mg Eria Jarensis
250mg Caffeine
75mg "Spiked" Dendrobium
6g Citrulline
2g Agmatine
1.5g Nitrosigine

Can I 2 scoop it?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

200mg DMAA
150mg 2-Amino-6
200mg 2-Amino-5
150mg Eria Jarensis
250mg Caffeine
75mg "Spiked" Dendrobium
6g Citrulline
2g Agmatine
1.5g Nitrosigine

Thought you were OP before I checked your username and read though the post more carefully. I was about to say "this is why we can't have nice things," haha.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I just cringe when people think staring a company, in any industry, is easy. There are a lot of broke people who own supplement companies.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I just cringe when people think staring a company, in any industry, is easy. There are a lot of broke people who own supplement companies.
Preach. I see failure all of the time. It's great to hear stories like Olympus Labs, but those are the outliers. Also, you have to take into consideration the people BEHIND the company. I don't know about OL's management, but yea, if you have intelligent, informed, driven, people, I'm sure you can start a company with little assets and build it into something great. But again, that's rare. But we have no idea who OP is or what kind of person he (just assuming OP's a "he" from the way he speaks on here).

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
OP what is your competitive advantage going to be in this industry? Are you able to sell products cheaper than your competitors? Are you using unique extracts or patented ingredients that no one else has?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Preach. I see failure all of the time. It's great to hear stories like Olympus Labs, but those are the outliers. Also, you have to take into consideration the people BEHIND the company. I don't know about OL's management, but yea, if you have intelligent, informed, driven, people, I'm sure you can start a company with little assets and build it into something great. But again, that's rare. But we have no idea who OP is or what kind of person he (just assuming OP's a "he" from the way he speaks on here).
Plus OL is also owned by the same people who own nutriverse IIRC. Increases reach right off the bat

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Inb4 new shredz

The best idea for you is to cooperate with an experienced ex supp company owner. This will prevent you from dumb mistakes,that you will probably make. Check your customers needs, the guys from this site are like 5% (Not Rich Pianas) Typical "dude","bro" will buy your ish ONLY if it looks cool.
Just like any other business you must really know what you're doing, supp industry isn't an exception.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look to go out of business quickly lol

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As Olympus Labs mentioned, they started on 10k.

I've seen 1 bloke bring 1 product into Australia, and gain 1 million followers on Facebook.
It was a **** fat burner too, but he had a marketing strategy.

There is many companies not featured on this board, who are probably much bigger than the majority on here around.

Go for it, if you fail you tried. If you succeed, awesome. Good luck.

I'm sure there is plenty of experienced people on forum boards willing to help or consult for a small fee.

:D

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you don't know anything about supplement companies, why are you looking to start one?
Haha! This !
And there are plenty of those who start a supp company but really dont know what they are doing.
This is just sad !
Brb,copycat other supps, order cheap raws (without knowing what those raws really are), putting them into caps and Voila... sell it for 30-50$ each bottle

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
As Olympus Labs mentioned, they started on 10k.

I've seen 1 bloke bring 1 product into Australia, and gain 1 million followers on Facebook.
It was a **** fat burner too, but he had a marketing strategy.

There is many companies not featured on this board, who are probably much bigger than the majority on here around.

Go for it, if you fail you tried. If you succeed, awesome. Good luck.

I'm sure there is plenty of experienced people on forum boards willing to help or consult for a small fee.

:D
1 million followers on Facebook is nice, but how much money did he make? Did all 1 million people buy his product? If so, what were his margins? What was his profit? What is his customer retention rate?

And yea, it's good to encourage people to go for it, but how much does $15k mean to OP? Is this disposable income? If so, then shoot for the stars. Is this OP's life savings? If so, I'd tread lightly - especially given how OP presents himself on this board (immature, uninformed, etc.).

I'm not here to knock people down or bash their dreams, but some people have a twisted perception of reality. I feel it's beneficial to warn someone of the potential risks (as do many others on this forum).

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1 million followers on Facebook is nice, but how much money did he make? Did all 1 million people buy his product? If so, what were his margins? What was his profit? What is his customer retention rate?

And yea, it's good to encourage people to go for it, but how much does $15k mean to OP? Is this disposable income? If so, then shoot for the stars. Is this OP's life savings? If so, I'd tread lightly - especially given how OP presents himself on this board (immature, uninformed, etc.).

I'm not here to knock people down or bash their dreams, but some people have a twisted perception of reality. I feel it's beneficial to warn someone of the potential risks (as do many others on this forum).
if he got to 1 Million followers on Instagram or Facebook, he doesn't even need to sell product to make money.
At that amount of followers, plenty of companies will pay him $5000 to $10,000 per post/photo op.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
if he got to 1 Million followers on Instagram or Facebook, he doesn't even need to sell product to make money.
At that amount of followers, plenty of companies will pay him $5000 to $10,000 per post/photo op.
Gotcha. Haha, I'm not savvy to social media advertising. Must be good to be that guy!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
plus OL has two----count em two, top notch formulators!!!

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Olympus was able to come up on the tail end of the designer steroid game. That is what made them able to make it. The mark up on products had to be amazing.

That isn't to take away from them. There were 100's of companies doing exactly what they did, and most fizzled out real quick. Their ability to strive after the end of that era, is what separated them apart. And now they are a top notch company for sure.

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha. Haha, I'm not savvy to social media advertising. Must be good to be that guy!
Hell with the right social media marketing and a few guys from the forums you could sell anything. So many newbies see a jacked guy on gear holding any supp they will buy it. People think a magic powder will make them look them same. They have no idea that even with the harder stuff they are running to look like that how much work it still takes. This is why I can't workout with most by friends. They have no idea about diet and proper lifting. Lone ranger for life haha

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
Hell we could make a AM pwo and have a few of us take pics with it and sell the **** out of it.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Hell with the right social media marketing and a few guys from the forums you could sell anything. So many newbies see a jacked guy on gear holding any supp they will buy it. People think a magic powder will make them look them same. They have no idea that even with the harder stuff they are running to look like that how much work it still takes. This is why I can't workout with most by friends. They have no idea about diet and proper lifting. Lone ranger for life haha
That part I get. But vujade was posing a scenario wherein this guy doesn't even have to sell product. He just gets paid for photo ops due to the number of followers he has. Haha now THAT's the life!

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
That part I get. But vujade was posing a scenario wherein this guy doesn't even have to sell product. He just gets paid for photo ops due to the number of followers he has. Haha now THAT's the life!
Pretty easy if your show ready you can get some supplement, clothing, even service company to hire you.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Pretty easy if your show ready you can get some supplement, clothing, even service company to hire you.
Maybe I'm confused, but I didn't think this had anything to do with his physique. It's just the sheer amount of followers he has on social media. Businesses team up with him and advertise on a photo-sharing platform. I just read an article about it that uses figures on point with what vujade quoted.

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I'm confused, but I didn't think this had anything to do with his physique. It's just the sheer amount of followers he has on social media. Businesses team up with him and advertise on a photo-sharing platform. I just read an article about it that uses figures on point with what vujade quoted.
Very true if you have a big social media presence it's almost goes viral when you post something. My point was sex sells and a crap product with a jacked person in the ad all the newbies think that will make them that big,tone,cut,bulky ECT.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Could have me too, but they made joke of my thick penis and now I am hurt :(

But yes, Synapsin, xtyler and NoAddedHmones are great :)
damn, I left out synapsin-sorry guy!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
that would be true for many companies, but OL has built it's reputation from this forum....and I like to think the AM forum members are much more informed than your average gnc shopper!!!

BentBarbell

BentBarbell

Awards
If you have a million followers you would probably get 500$. Maybe 600 if you're lucky.