Sooo...hypothetically, what would happen

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If someone was 40+ years old, already on TRT (175mg/week) and wanted to do 250mg/week plus Arimidex for 10 years straight (or whatever) in an effort to be somewhat super-human (lol).....but still maintain very conservative doses to avoid heath issues.

I'm not that that naive to think health issues shall not present but at these doses, should be somewhat diminshed. What health concerns should I be aware of so I may add some preventative measures (supplements) to avoid associated health hazards?

Marc-Antony

Awards
I am no doctor, but I would think that bumping your dose from 175 to 250 shouldn't be too problematic. Now, on the flip side, using Arimidex for the next 10 yrs doesn't sound that appealing to me, so I would concider two things before doing this. One, 250mg might not even call for estrogen control, in that case, just go for it and two, if you do use Adex be sure to not overdose it, as you wouldn't want to increase your atherosclerosis risk by firing up your LDL.

I would be interested to see what others have to say.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid feedback and I have considered those as well. I even posted a thread a few weeks back asking for the healthiest A-I out there for long term use (responses were very limited and pointed to 6-oxo).

I will need to consider an A-I as I'm already very estro-prone and use Aromasin.

PS: The thread mentioned above is here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/129463-liver-heart-healthiest.html

Marc-Antony

Awards
Solid feedback and I have considered those as well. I even posted a thread a few weeks back asking for the healthiest A-I out there for long term use (responses were very limited and pointed to 6-oxo).

I will need to consider an A-I as I'm already very estro-prone and use Aromasin.

PS: The thread mentioned above is here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/129463-liver-heart-healthiest.html
Have you thought about resveratrol (Rez-V or PCS)? At what dose did you realize that you were estrogen sensitive?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
250 puts you at or slightly above top of human normal range. so depending on what your conversion to dht looks like, the testosterone level alone shouldn't create health problems over 10 years as you figure some guys have that sort of levels from 14-24.

a possible thought is that the leaner you are, the less aromatase you create. So not knowing where you are right now, dropping to 8% or possibly less may help avoid any need for an AI.

Also, I think that doing blast + cruise as the pros do would be better. Stick to your 175 as your base, and for 10 week stretches (with 10 weeks between stretches) bump to 300-400 and add an AI for those 10 week stretches.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Polycythemia.

I'm not sure what you can do/supplement to prevent this. Donating blood can help, though.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Polycythemia.

I'm not sure what you can do/supplement to prevent this. Donating blood can help, though.
Interesting :(

Polycythemia: A condition characterized by an increase in the production of red blood cells, or erythrocytes, in the blood. Primary polycythemia, also called erythremia, or polycythemia vera, is a chronic, progressive disease, most common in middle-aged men. It is characterized by overgrowth of the bone marrow, abnormally increased red blood cell production, and an enlarged spleen. Symptoms, include headache, inability to concentrate, and pain in the fingers and toes. There is a danger of blood clotting or hemorrhage (see thrombosis). Primary polycythemia is treated by radiation, periodic removal of some blood (phlebotomy), or chemotherapy with antimetabolite drugs, e.g., Cytoxan. In secondary polycythemia, or erythrocytosis, the proliferation of red blood cells results from the body's attempt to compensate for other conditions, such as prolonged lack of oxygen at high altitudes or chronic lung or heart insufficiency. Certain tumors are also associated with increased red blood cell production. In secondary polycythemia the treatment is directed toward the underlying cause.