Some more bloodwork (after PCT)

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Okay I got my bloodwork back (what insurance covered that is...).

Just a few things on it:

1. Blood was taken on 10/16/07
2. That is approximately 6 days after this post cycle therapy log ended (post cycle therapy basis was low dose nolva + Dermacrine Sustain):

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/74827-p-c-t.html

3. The cycle was Dermacrine + Epidrol (at relatively high doses):

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/71008-travis-primordial-performances.html

4. If your interested I had bloodwork taken after my last Havoc cycle which is here (note: no major issues besides low HDL, and PCT was Nolva at normal doses and Massfx):

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/69229-some-bloodwork.html

5. Okay I dont have a scanner....so I'm just hitting the highlights. If your interested in any other part of the bloodwork let me know and I'll post it.

Only two things out of range:

Monocyte % = 12.7 (normal range 0-12.0)
HDL = 28 (normal range >39)
*also note this is similar to my last bloodwork

Other items of interest:

Cholesterol = 139
Chol/HDL ratio = 5.0 (average risk)
LDL = 90 (optimal)
LDL/HDL ratio = 3.21 (average)

T4, Free = 1.3
TSH = 1.94

WBC = 4.5
RBC = 4.72
HEMOGLOBIN = 14.3
HEMATOCRIT = 43.1
MCV = 91.3
MCH = 30.3
MCHC = 33.2
RDW = 15.0

METABOLIC PANEL

SODIUM = 139
POTASSIUM = 4.5
CHLORIDE = 101
GLUCOSE = 85
BUN 25 - little high
CREATININE = 1.0
BUN/CR = 25
CALCIUM = 9.5
TOTAL PROTEIN = 7.5
ALBUMIN = 4.3
GLOBULIN = 3.2
A:G RATIO = 1.3
AST (SGOT) = 28
ALT (SGPT) = 61

Posting mostly as info. If anyone has any comments go for it. Unfortunately I also found out I some other serious health issue, :sad: :sad: :sad: but I'll refrain from posting it in this thread as it is unrelated to this cycle/post cycle therapy.

richirich_99

Awards
thanks for posting that, im always interested in seeing peoples blood test after thier cycle's. hope everythings going to be alright with your other health problems.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks for posting that, im always interested in seeing peoples blood test after thier cycle's. hope everythings going to be alright with your other health problems.
Yeah. I am fairly positive to how I react to the Havoc/Epidrol compound now. Doesnt seem to effect liver values at all, at the same time is pretty harsh on lipids.

Of course I have no baseline bloodwork, but the liver values would still be elevated if it was causing problems.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice post man. I love bloodwork.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No prob man.

Also fwiw, doc called my EKG "unremarkable"...not sure what that means but said it was good.

Urinalysis was found to be free of abnormalities. He did say to have my lipids checked again in a year but said overall they were nothing to be concerned about (i didnt tell him about the steroid use).

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's very good info. Definitely shows how well a panel can come out with responsible use and preventative measures. I personally feel bloodwork should accompany every cycle.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's very good info. Definitely shows how well a panel can come out with responsible use and preventative measures. I personally feel bloodwork should accompany every cycle.
Yeah b/c I'm a bit cheap I dont do the whole before/during/after bloodwork thing. But I like to see where I stand after a cycle to see what areas I need to work on before I can even think about doing another one.

I wish it were cheaper to get test levels though...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I am in a very fortuitous position living in Canada. My Doc doesn't question my bloodwork as I think he probably assumes. So my health plan from the gov., covers a certain amount of tests.

It would be good to have a comprehensive endocrine panel, but at least you can be sure you took the right preventative measures.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No prob man.

Also fwiw, doc called my EKG "unremarkable"...not sure what that means but said it was good.

Urinalysis was found to be free of abnormalities. He did say to have my lipids checked again in a year but said overall they were nothing to be concerned about (i didnt tell him about the steroid use).
If he said your ekg was unremarkable it just means there were no obvious or acute abnormalities and was found to be within normal limits. Great job on getting the bloodwork done trav my man. Your very mildly elevated BUN is most likely due to mild fluid volume deficit or dehydration. Your ALT is on the high side of normal though. Did they do an Alk Phos in your liver function panel?

Neutrophil, lymphocyte, Monocyte, eosinophil, and basophil %'s are part of the common differential done within a CBC to determine if there is a bacterial or viral shift(elevated neutrophil or bands indicate bacterial infection, elevated lymphocytes and usually monocytes indicate viral infection. eosinophils are elevated with parasite infection.) in the event of an elevated WBC. With a WBC of 4.5 and no other shifting in the differentials it's completely normal. These percentages can change on a daily basis depending on the immune systems status. Sorry i went off on a tangent there, but maybe some of you learned something out of that :D

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If he said your ekg was unremarkable it just means there were no obvious or acute abnormalities and was found to be within normal limits. Great job on getting the bloodwork done trav my man. Your very mildly elevated BUN is most likely due to mild fluid volume deficit or dehydration. Your ALT is on the high side of normal though. Did they do an Alk Phos in your liver function panel?

Neutrophil, lymphocyte, Monocyte, eosinophil, and basophil %'s are part of the common differential done within a CBC to determine if there is a bacterial or viral shift(elevated neutrophil or bands indicate bacterial infection, elevated lymphocytes and usually monocytes indicate viral infection. eosinophils are elevated with parasite infection.) in the event of an elevated WBC. With a WBC of 4.5 and no other shifting in the differentials it's completely normal. These percentages can change on a daily basis depending on the immune systems status. Sorry i went off on a tangent there, but maybe some of you learned something out of that :D
Thanks Trauma.

My Alk Phosphatase = 55 (range 20-125)

Here are the other #'s you mentioned:

Neutrophil % = 49.1
Lymphocyte % = 34.2
Eosinophil % = 3.6
Basophil % = .4 (seems a little low?)

Neutrophil ABS = 2.21
Lymphocyte ABS = 1.54
Eosinophil ABS = .16
Basophil ABS = .02
Monocyte ABS = .57

But your post was interesting. Based on what you said it doesnt appear anything significant is wrong with these numbers. Right?

Some of these I am not all that familiar with so I need to check them out on WebMD first.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Trauma.

My Alk Phosphatase = 55 (range 20-125)

Here are the other #'s you mentioned:

Neutrophil % = 49.1
Lymphocyte % = 34.2
Eosinophil % = 3.6
Basophil % = .4 (seems a little low?)

Neutrophil ABS = 2.21
Lymphocyte ABS = 1.54
Eosinophil ABS = .16
Basophil ABS = .02
Monocyte ABS = .57

But your post was interesting. Based on what you said it doesnt appear anything significant is wrong with these numbers. Right?

Some of these I am not all that familiar with so I need to check them out on WebMD first.

All those differentials are well within normal limits. Alk Phos is perfect. Basophils % in a normal sense is always below 1.0, so nothing to worry about there at all. The majority of differential percentages are mainly composed of neutrophil%(bacterial indication) which up to like 75% of the differential can be considered normal, and lymphocte%(viral origin). However, like i said above these percentages can change daily depending of the immune systems status and exposure to disease states.

I'll break down the significance of liver function tests a little more for you.

AST(aspartate aminotransferase)is a test that is less specific to hepatic liver disease. It can be elevated with many other disease processes and less specific to true hepatic function. It's mainly used to correlate ratios with ALT to determine degree of heapatic cellular damage/death.

ALT(alanine aminotransferase) is more hepatic specific and the most sensitive test marker to determine hepatic cellular disease/death. In true hepatic damage this level will usually correlate with AST and be elevated.

ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE is another test used to determine hepatic damage. It's associated with the biliary tract(liver, gallbladder, pancreas, and common bile duct) but not specific. It can be elevated with renal(kidney), or intestinal damage also. It's used to correlate with ALT, AST, GGT, TOTAL BILIRUBIN in determining degree of hepatic damage.

GGT is often done to correlate that an elevated ALK PHOS is of hepatic etiology.

TOTAL BILIRUBIN has to due with the breakdown of hemoglobin within the liver where it's eventually excreted into bile. An elevation in TOTAL BILIRUBIN usually indicates hepatic cellular damage, or bile duct damage within the liver itself. In all honesty from my own experiences you will see an elevated ALT and AST in acute hepatic injuries be it from viral induced hepatitis(A,B,C), alcohol induced hepatitis, or drug induced hepatitis.

Now keep in mind that obstructive gallstones lodged in the common bile duct(Where pancreatic enzymes and bile from the liver pass through into the intestines), or an inflammed gallbladder(cholecystitis) can elevate some of these tests also.....however more specificaly Bilirubin and Amylase/Lipase in pancreatitis(which are elevated with pancreatic obstruction most commonly caused by obstructive gallstones and alcohol)

Hope that helps make a little better sense of some common lab test results for you bro. If you have any other question i'll be glad to help ya out with what i can.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice post trauma!

That saved me some time for sure. How important do you think bloodwork really is relative to time of day and changes in readings? From what I know some of these things can vary by quite a bit even during a 24 hour period. Any truth to that statement?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Trauma1 again.

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
So how are you planning to boost your HDL levels? How long do you think it will take??

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So how are you planning to boost your HDL levels? How long do you think it will take??
Thats a good question, but mainly focusing on diet. Specifically good fats like fish oil and EVOO. If you connect to the link I posted above from my first bloodwork we get into several things that will help boost HDL. I have a variety of different supps to work with (coq10, cycle support, etc).

As far as the time frame I usually practice the time on = time off method although I usually get back on sooner than that...

Fwiw, I am ahead of schedule compared to my last cycle/bloodwork results. I took bloodwork from the first cycle about a month after PCT and the level of HDL was 28. This bloodwork was only 6 days after PCT with an HDL level of 28.

The good thing is that I am constantly learning and I feel my next cycle will be even better with the knowledge I have since gained in regards to PCT and support supps.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Epi is supposed to be mild on the lipids but I think it fukced mine up pretty bad the two times I've run it. Thanks for posting bloodwork its always helpful.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice post trauma!

That saved me some time for sure. How important do you think bloodwork really is relative to time of day and changes in readings? From what I know some of these things can vary by quite a bit even during a 24 hour period. Any truth to that statement?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Trauma1 again.
Thanks bro. As far as can a certain test be altered depending on time of day my answer is it depends on the test. The most common test that can be altered is your lipid panel. This should always be done in a fasting state and first thing in the morning for accurate results. The majority of others such as Cbc, Cmp(electrolytes and liver function tests), Thyroid panel will not be significantly altered by time of day drawing in a normal healthy individual. CBC, CMP can most definately be altered however in a 24 hour period depending on many different homeostatic mechanisms and outside factors such as hydration, fluid loss, and exposure to foreign pathogens, ect.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro. As far as can a certain test be altered depending on time of day my answer is it depends on the test. The most common test that can be altered is your lipid panel. This should always be done in a fasting state and first thing in the morning for accurate results. The majority of others such as Cbc, Cmp(electrolytes and liver function tests), Thyroid panel will not be significantly altered by time of day drawing in a normal healthy individual. CBC, CMP can most definately be altered however in a 24 hour period depending on many different homeostatic mechanisms and outside factors such as hydration, fluid loss, and exposure to foreign pathogens, ect.
Thanks again trauma, btw YGPM.