So NO2 products do not increasse NO apparently just was reading a study.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2011 Aug;21(4):291-9.
[h=1]Effects of 7 days of arginine-alpha-ketoglutarate supplementation on blood flow, plasma L-arginine, nitric oxide metabolites, and asymmetric dimethyl arginine after resistance exercise.[/h] Willoughby DS, Boucher T, Reid J, Skelton G, Clark M.
[h=3]Source[/h] Dept. of Health, Human Performance, and Recreation, Baylor University, Waco, TX.

[h=3]Abstract[/h] [h=4]BACKGROUND:[/h] Arginine-alpha-ketoglutarate (AAKG) supplements are alleged to increase nitric oxide production, thereby resulting in vasodilation during resistance exercise. This study sought to determine the effects of AAKG supplementation on hemodynamics and brachial-artery blood flow and the circulating levels of L-arginine, nitric oxide metabolites (NOx; nitrate/nitrite), asymmetric dimethyl arginine (ADMA), and L-arginine:ADMA ratio after resistance exercise.
[h=4]METHODS:[/h] Twenty-four physically active men underwent 7 days of AAKG supplementation with 12 g/day of either NO2 Platinum or placebo (PLC). Before and after supplementation, a resistance-exercise session involving the elbow flexors was performed involving 3 sets of 15 repetitions with 70-75% of 1-repetition maximum. Data were collected immediately before, immediately after (PST), and 30 min after (30PST) each exercise session. Data were analyzed with factorial ANOVA (p < .05).
[h=4]RESULTS:[/h] Heart rate, blood pressure, and blood flow were increased in both groups at PST (p = .001) but not different between groups. Plasma L-arginine was increased in the NO2 group (p = .001). NOx was shown to increase in both groups at PST (p = .001) and at 30PST (p = .001) but was not different between groups. ADMA was not affected between tests (p = .26) or time points (p = .31); however, the L-arginine:ADMA ratio was increased in the NO2 group (p = .03).
[h=4]CONCLUSION:[/h] NO2 Platinum increased plasma L-arginine levels; however, the effects observed in hemodynamics, brachial-artery blood flow, and NOx can only be attributed to the resistance exercise.
PMID: 21813912

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
are you seriously just realizing this now?

:facepalm:

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
so you mean arginine is useless for NO supplementation?! mind = blown.

this is just obnoxiously old news.

lazaross

lazaross

Awards
But citrulline can raise the nitric oxide in your body.

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
he just generalized all no2 products as containing arginine.

yes, other things affect your NO levels. most notable are probably agmatine and citrulline malate.

I dont remember if nitrates affect your NO levels, but they do give you a nice pump/vascularity.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
gplc is also proven

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Yrahhhhhhh DEF nitrates

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
I wish gplc was cheaper nit as good but notices fatlose

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Next thing you know, you're gonna go and tell me that the easter bunny isn't real. But I know the truth. I saw him on craigslist.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
quality journal there *sarcasm* So they tested one product that I have never heard of and that covers the entire field?