SNS MCC

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I started magnesium creatine chelate a couple days ago. 3 capsules pre workout, 3 more around 8 hours or so later. Within a couple hours of taking each, things get explosive the likes of which I've never seen. What can I do to alleviate this?

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Whate exactly do you mean things get explosive?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Whate exactly do you mean things get explosive?
Explosive, as in $hit my brains out. Violently, mostly liquid, and like a super soaker.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Explosive, as in $hit my brains out. Violently, mostly liquid, and like a super soaker.
That's likely because of the magnesium, simply split the doses up throughout the day, or start with a lower dose.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
That's likely because of the magnesium, simply split the doses up throughout the day, or start with a lower dose.
That's what I figured but wasn't sure of the best dosing strategy, or if it even really mattered. So maybe give 2/2/2 a shot and if that doesn't work drop it down? Also, what kind of spacing would you recommend on a 2/2/2 dosing?

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
That's what I figured but wasn't sure of the best dosing strategy, or if it even really mattered. So maybe give 2/2/2 a shot and if that doesn't work drop it down? Also, what kind of spacing would you recommend on a 2/2/2 dosing?
Space it as evenly through the day as possible for the least issue. Otherwise try dropping it to 2 & 2.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You don't have to take it on an empty stomach either... Just a thought

- Valdez

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Hmmm that has never happened to me before.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
You don't have to take it on an empty stomach either... Just a thought

- Valdez
Yeah I tried taking it with dinner tonight and still had the same problem. Hopefully cutting back to 2 instead of 3 at a time helps.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm that has never happened to me before.
Magnesium in higher than normal doses is well known as a laxative, it's just a matter of letting your body acclimate to the increased magnesium content.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Magnesium in higher than normal doses is well known as a laxative, it's just a matter of letting your body acclimate to the increased magnesium content.
Most are deficient in magnesium which is Why I like MCC. Just space out your doses

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Another odd thing is that I've taken ZMA on and off and never had any issues. The particular brand I used had 450mg of magnesium per serving, which is much greater than the MCC. I cut the dose to 2x3 instead of 3x2 and it still is having negative effects. Not sure if this decreases as the body adapts or not.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
That's odd, I found SNS MCC to be one of the few quality creatines that does not aggrevate my stomach.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
I definitely have experienced the "explosives"with MCC. I bought smart powders bulk MCC and if I take a full dose (6-7g), I s*** my brains out. Basically all liquid. It's unreal.try cutting dose down a little. I think my stomach has finally become used to it.....finally. Time will tell.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Another odd thing is that I've taken ZMA on and off and never had any issues. The particular brand I used had 450mg of magnesium per serving, which is much greater than the MCC. I cut the dose to 2x3 instead of 3x2 and it still is having negative effects. Not sure if this decreases as the body adapts or not.
Drop to 2x2. Your body will adapt to it

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2 caps with breakfast or lunch, 2 caps before bed.

Problem solved + possible sleep benefits.