booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Welcome all. Over the next 45 or so days ill be logging my experiences with molecular nutrition's Peak Beta+. I plan to try it under a variety of circumstances including: as a standalone pre workout, with a stim based pre, fasted with and without a stim, etc. As always I'm open to other suggestions as well! Special thanks to the men over at MN for the chance to try out a product that will be completely new to me. Below is a quick rundown of myself and how I plan to setup my days:

25yrs old, 5'10", 170-180lb (depending on carb consumption ha), total stim junkie, taking at least a short stim break to start, just coming off a 12 week cut followed by a 1 week deload and basically gorge on everything in sight eating style.

Current diet plan: going to try out some light IF for a bit as a recomp style after my cut. The goal is to naturally limit the amount of food I can eat by only having a smaller window as I'm a natural glutton and could eat all day. My diet will be 90% clean with the occasional cheat meal since I'm not trying to be cutting-diet strict. Most of my cals will come from chicken, tuna, tilapia, beef, occasional pork, salad, broccoli, most veggies, oats, occasional cereal, whole wheat pasta, br rice, sweet potatoes

Current lifting: trying to do a bit less cardio so ill probably end up doing some short sprints as fasted am cardio before work (5am) and a lift after (3-4pm). Current lifting plan is a 3 on 1 off p/p/l split with the first 3 mostly 5x5 for strength and the second 3 3x8-12 for hypertrophy.

Ill post up my final review below once everything is done. Feel free to ask any questions, suggest dosing times and amounts, or anything else you want to hear/see/know! Ill be taking my first dose today about 45min pre workout (pull-strength) with a 25g shake.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
In for comparison. How are you dosing. I'm gonna just go 8, 30 minutes pre-lifting.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for comparison. How are you dosing. I'm gonna just go 8, 30 minutes pre-lifting.
8 caps 30-60 min pre is ideal

Subbed, let me know if you have any Q's along the way!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
8 caps 30-60 min pre is ideal

Subbed, let me know if you have any Q's along the way!
Good to have you guys... I did 8 caps 70min before (had to wait a few extra min for some dick to quit curling in the squat rack while I wanted to deadlift...)

Initial impression: didn't "feel" any type f energy or rush like a stim would produce but I did notice I had some trouble focusing on the drive to the gym, I was already thinking about lifting (which was a tad dangerous ha). Once I got in te gym and that moron got out of the way I got right to the DL's. first set felt heavy but it was my first heavy workout in awhile so that was expected. I did work up to my current pr weight and was able to bang out two sets at that weight which I've never done before (usually 1 set and then drop a few lbs for the final set to keep my form). The major thing I noticed was the unreal pump I had in my lower back. It felt amazing and lasted well through my workout (65min). Even now I'm still pretty tight.

Same pump was seen when I did my heavy EZ bar curls and dear god the pump from rear delt destroyers. I had to basically roll off the bench because my arms were too pumped to swing anywhere.

Didn't seem to notice much in the way of endurance but its tough to judge on a strength based day. Ill really get to test it out later this week on a hypertrophy day.

Overall I'd say day 1 gets a 7/10... Good focus, great pump, but other then that nothing too groundbreaking. Ill be interested to see if there's a cumulative effect as the ingredients build in my system day by day.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, this isnt a product that will have an effect on focus, energy, etc. It is purely an endurance and recovery formula. You'll find the results to really build upon themselves when taking COP daily for muscular endurance, and LCLT for recovery (strength).

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yes, this isnt a product that will have an effect on focus, energy, etc. It is purely an endurance and recovery formula. You'll find the results to really build upon themselves when taking COP daily for muscular endurance, and LCLT for recovery (strength).
Today I definitely noticed some additional effects as I was able to put up a PR on both Military presses (wt and reps) and incline db presses (wt and reps). Also, back wasn't too sore this morning when I went for my jog... More just right then anything so hopefully this is the beginning of some epic recovery.

Once again, vascularity was through the roof and I was even surprisingly pumped again from a strength workout. Can't wait to see a higher rep set later this week.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NICE!

Congrats on that PR

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
NICE!

Congrats on that PR
Thanks man. Another great workout today... Leg day! Squats were decent, no pr's but good control and felt solid. SLDLs next and I could feel a little lingering tightness from my pull day but was able to push through. Overall solid day after my accessory lifts.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yesterday was cardio only so no workout to report. Feeling like I'm getting somewhat better recovery as my quads aren't sore at all and my hamstrings only a bit (usually my quads are a bit sore and hamstrings are brutally sore at 2days later).

Dosing has been consistent at 8caps 1hr pre workout and 8 caps pre pm cardio yesterday.

Today will be a higher rep pull workout so hoping to see some wicked pump and vascularity even going in fasted.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Today's workout was a bit disappointing in the pump dept... I went to the gym fasted (and on my refeed day after a few ultra low carbs) so that's prob part of the reason but here's the lowdown:

Energy,focus and endurance were all on point. Had to drag myself out of the gym after about 65 min. I was able to get a great pump DURING each set but they faded within a few minutes so that's where the disappointment was. Vascularity was still pretty solid but just not impressed by the pump.

Tomorrow will be a push hypertrophy workout and I ate an epic sushi buffet meal post workout today (literally all my daily cals + in one meal so big it hurt ha) so I expect tomorrow to be a monster day with huge pumps and prob a PR or two

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My pumps are very dependent on my diet. When bulking (high carbs) they are insane, when dieting (lower carbs) they are harder to achieve.

Hope you had a stellar pump from the sushi the next day!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My pumps are very dependent on my diet. When bulking (high carbs) they are insane, when dieting (lower carbs) they are harder to achieve.

Hope you had a stellar pump from the sushi the next day!
I find that's the case for me as well.

Sat was push hypertrophy: went into the workout fasted (about 22hrs after my sushi meal being the only meal fri ha) but feeling energized. Had my peak beta+ (8caps) and some bcaas about 1 hr pre workout. Pumps were ok, not spectacular (I assume due to the lack of direct meal pre workout) but overall workout was great. Strength was up, endurance was solid, and overall I just felt in a good mood and state of being.

Sun was legs hypertrophy: again, fasted, bcaas and PB+ 1 hr pre. Did 5 sets of heavy squats then my hypertrophy work. Legs were totally dead after my fst-7 leg presses. Staggered out of the gym and pretty much around the house for te rest of the day. Woke up this morn with nothing more then a bit if fatigue mixed with a very small bit of doms in my calves.

The biggest benefit I've seen so far seems to come in the recovery and strength departments. I haven't added back in many calories (really none except on refeed days) since "ending" my cut so I attribute most of the positives to the peak beta.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good note on your calories, thats impressive to hear theyve remained low yet your performance has increased.

On a side note, I cant even imagine doing fst-7 while fasted, you must have a ton of focus/dedication to power through that!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good note on your calories, thats impressive to hear theyve remained low yet your performance has increased.

On a side note, I cant even imagine doing fst-7 while fasted, you must have a ton of focus/dedication to power through that!!
Ah man i looove those FST sets... they just destroy you and I love the feeling of accomplishment and fullness when I'm leaving the gym.

Last few days have been Push and Pull strength days. Each one I have set at least 1 PR in terms of reps, weight, weight+reps, or sets with the same reps... I am admittedly skeptical of supplements that say they will increase your performance, especially when I cant really "feel" them (like stims), but so far this has been nothing short of spectacular for me. I always have trouble gaining strength and have seemed to be able to get 1 more rep or a few lbs almost every workout. I'm thoroughly impressed so far and really looking forward to the rest of this run.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a hard time getting good pumps without a fair amount of carbs in my diet, Ive done some fst-7 workouts and love those pump sets as well but the intensity and volume of those workouts has got to be rough when fasted!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Today was my last serious workout as I'm heading to myrtle each for a week for vacation. Ill prob get in some band and beach workouts but nothing too serious. Plan is to try out dosing caps 4am 4pm just through the week to keep everything built up in my system so I can crush the gym when I et back.

Side note, I was able to hit a PR on deadlifts again today to continue my trend of a new pr almost every workout.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just arrived at the beach this morn... Looks like the tides will be perfect for a good am workout so ill be trying to get a few in while I'm here.

Note: don't do heavy deads before a 12hr car ride! Ugh my back was killing me with tightness and I could not get comfortable. Brutal, sleepless trip.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Enjoy the beach! Did you do the workout directly before leaving?? If so thats nuts, any lower back movements get me so damn pumped that driving becomes a real chore as all you want to do is lay flat and stretch.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Enjoy the beach! Did you do the workout directly before leaving?? If so thats nuts, any lower back movements get me so damn pumped that driving becomes a real chore as all you want to do is lay flat and stretch.
Na I worked out about 11am and we left about 11pm. Come 1am I was dying with pumps and stiffness. I got out and stretched and contorted and everything possible at any stop we made. I'm sure people were looking at me weird when I was doing twists and basically yoga at 4am ha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So far nothing special to report since being at the beach. Haven't done anything special for workouts and have spent more time just relaxing. Dosing has been split 4am 4pm just to keep things stable.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Na I worked out about 11am and we left about 11pm. Come 1am I was dying with pumps and stiffness. I got out and stretched and contorted and everything possible at any stop we made. I'm sure people were looking at me weird when I was doing twists and basically yoga at 4am ha
lmao!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Been busy the last few days getting back from vacation and Labor Day stuff. Been dosing consistently 4am/4pm caps just to keep levels up even though I haven't been hitting the gym much the last few days. Body really appreciated the rest though. Will be switching back to my original 8 caps, 1 hr pre workout today.

Today will be my first full day back in the gym and I can't wait. Gonna go in and crush a pull strength day with some heavy weights so hopefully the rest will really show. Just a few days left of this so I think around the end of the week will be the last dose.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope you had a great holiday weekend!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Today was my second day back.. Looks like I have 2 more days for this and man I can't wait to get more.

Yesterday I was able to set a PR on bent over barbell rows which has always been a weak lift for me. Really feel like this strength aspect if both my program as well as adding in the PB+ is helping to add some raw power to my lifts.

No pr's today but a great overall lift. Just had a good feel to everything and was smooth from start to finish.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive never been great at bent rows either, a PR in those is always a great thing.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So apparently the long ass post I wrote up the other day never went through... I didn't even notice or forgot thanks to usually doing it on my phone. Regardless, yesterday was my last dose for the bottle and was for an at home workout so weights aren't really able to compare since I have limited/diff equipment from my normal gym. Still felt like a good lift just judging by previous home sessions.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
FINAL REVIEW:

Ill start off by saying that I had limited knowledge of what to expect from this product. After one bottle I can honestly say that I am incredibly impressed. Below I have listed a few notes, pros, cons, etc.

Pros: PR's almost every lifting session- strength increase, no side effects (gi issues, cramps, etc), enhanced recovery time (seemed to cut a day or so of doms off legs/chest/tris- my sorest parts), stacks very well with a stim pre workout or fat burner

Cons: 8 caps is a lot at one time, price ($40/bottle is pretty steep for 45 days), build up time of COP- wouldn't be able to "spot dose" for immediate impact on a bad day

Misc: takes a few days for the creatinol-o-phosphate to build up in your system and really see good effects in the gym. Endurance factor seemed negligible as far as one-shot endurance goes (one extended set, long run, etc); however, I did see a noticeable decrease in my between set recovery time and ability to repeat the same reps at a certain weight.

Overall I would give this product a 9.5/10 and would definitely recommend it to someone looking to break a plateau or just get a nice boost. I could also see this being a great aid for a pct due to the ability to maintain or even potentially build strength.