Awards
  • Established
You look great Snags. Nice and lean.

Shoulders still look freakin enormous.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Dude if you were a dinosaur you would be RIPP-TAR!!!!!!!!! Hahah yeah man looking real lean and hard. I like that last pic!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like DW said...very close to comp shape there Snag. Not holding much water at all! You have a nice quad sweep too(slightly homo) hehheh

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
no homo taken there Mid, haha..thx man. water retention wasn't really an issue at all, I just plain wasn't lean enough, but I really wasn't in reduced cal mode until this last week. dropping cals intake by almost 1000/day beginning the week (2700 to 1750) really wasn't too good for me. but that's why I experiment, to see what works.

ripp-tar, LOL Hman! ;)

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Great job Snags, looking lean and filled out.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You do look harder & tighter, Snag, but I'm still most taken by how much damn property you have. If that same shot was taken in SoCal., it'd be Snoop Dogg standing in front of all that real estate.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Thanks my friend. My synopsis: didn't like the end result. I've figured out cutting water and all these dramatic carb shifts are for the birds..if you allow the proper time to be conditioned properly, you just bring it on in slowly, small adjustments. These dramatic shifts just wreak too much havoc on my muscle retention.
Now, I didn't pump up at all prior to those pics, and I was not posing thru the last week (creating addtl muscle hardness) cuz I was too busy, so it wasn't like it was a full-blown prep.
(this makes me appreciate your comment re. muscle hardness even more DW!)
But, if I do any more comps in the future, I will not be doing anything drastic to get into peak condition. Proper planning eliminates the need for that.
We learn best from our mistakes. Having said that, your achievement is still IMPRESSIVE Snag :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ok Snags, I will be the first one to be negative. Your symmetry is all off. I mean really... Obviously you have 3 tattoos on the right side of your upper body and only two on the left. YOu really need to work on that. ;)

No Really, Looking swole man! One maybe 2lbs off of this and you would be completely ridiculous on stage. Your muscle mass, and maturity is off the charts ESPECIALLY FOR A NATURAL ATHLETE! Surprising really how hard you are considering the amount of new muscle you have. Makes me wonder, is PRIME the equalizer for newbies and muscle maturity? Lets be honest the ridiculous levels of hardness we see over and over again from PRIME is surprising to say the least. A lot of relatively new lifters come off of the stack with what appears to be muscle maturity beyond their years of lifting. I guess us Old Skool guys have to make sure we keep on it so the pups are still afraid to get on the porch with us eh?

PS: I am so jealous of that stash you got in the picture!!!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok Snags, I will be the first one to be negative. Your symmetry is all off. I mean really... Obviously you have 3 tattoos on the right side of your upper body and only two on the left. YOu really need to work on that. ;)
nice! :lmao:
No Really, Looking swole man! One maybe 2lbs off of this and you would be completely ridiculous on stage. Your muscle mass, and maturity is off the charts ESPECIALLY FOR A NATURAL ATHLETE! Surprising really how hard you are considering the amount of new muscle you have. Makes me wonder, is PRIME the equalizer for newbies and muscle maturity? Lets be honest the ridiculous levels of hardness we see over and over again from PRIME is surprising to say the least. A lot of relatively new lifters come off of the stack with what appears to be muscle maturity beyond their years of lifting. I guess us Old Skool guys have to make sure we keep on it so the pups are still afraid to get on the porch with us eh?
nice call on the Prime and muscle hardness..but, like you said, there is something to be said for muscle maturity, period. Much as I like Prime, age has to have some kind of advantage! :D
PS: I am so jealous of that stash you got in the picture!!!
:p

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really think I need to get "Primed". God knows my muscle is mature!! I would love to have some muscle fullness. It just does not happen anymore.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
All right, time to close up shop..
Thx to everyone who followed along, gave feedback, and thx also to USPlabs & Jacob, for providing support and encouragement along the way (and Product X too, ahaa)..
Final review will be posted on first page of this log, post #3.

:bye:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
a couple post-apocalyptic Armageddon pics..
have been taken an extended break from weights, still maintaining all other sports, and pace has really picked up w/ tennis, almost daily now. it's been a long time since I've taken this long of an unforced break from weight training..rather enjoying it currently, even if I am shrinking! :eek:
still feel I'm holding my own tho.. ;)

Attachments

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No signs of shrinkage ... how long off the weights.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
like almost 3 weeks, and prior to that it was hi-rep/pump work for a couple sessions..I'm looking at getting back into it before too long tho..

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
like almost 3 weeks, and prior to that it was hi-rep/pump work for a couple sessions..I'm looking at getting back into it before too long tho..
I take a week off every 8 weeks or even after 5 or 6 weeks sometimes.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I take a week off every 8 weeks or even after 5 or 6 at times.
smart way to do it..I can't stand that much down time, so I rarely take breaks like that. 2-4 week rest-periods, 1-2x a yr if you train pretty frequently/at hi-intensity, is a viable option too..it suits my schedule/mental frame of mind right now.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
smart way to do it..I can't stand that much down time, so I rarely take breaks like that. 2-4 week rest-periods, 1-2x a yr if you train pretty frequently/at hi-intensity, is a viable option too..it suits my schedule/mental frame of mind right now.
yah it's the basically the same about of time in the end. I just find my body needs the breaks. I continue to do cardio though.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still looking Priestly bro! Avi looks awesome!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
post-post apocalypse.. :D
not re-starting this log or anything, just showing the residual and muscle tissue retained from the Armageddon Stack despite no lifting for extended period, thought it would make a good follow-up..
still another 2 weeks or so before I begin another run..

2nd day back working out today, yesterday I ran the chest bomb (day #1) in the Asteroid Stack Manual, great pump, showing the chest here the day after..
abs are still fairly tight, despite eating some crap foods couple different times over past few weeks..
and the legs..worked them lightly today, due to a slight strained groin I have from a diving catch in the outfield in a baseball game the other night (I layed out..patting myself on the back here, I mean this was an ESPN Top Play kinda catch! :cool2:)..my legs always shrink the quickest when I don't work them, but still maintaining some cuts..

Attachments

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If there is any loss in mass then it's too subtle for me to pick up... sometimes when we take breaks we actually make gains due to the fact our body gets a chance to repair itself.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
DW, you are too kind.. :box:
I've lost a smidgen, and while you're right about rest & repair, the amount of cardio (sports) I've been doing has surely been chewing some tissue away. not complaining tho -- I'm happy where I'm at right now, and I know mass will come back quickly as I pick up steam in my training/dietary intake..then when I bring back the supps (all the usual suspects, hehe), shiz is gonna hit the fan! :sgrin:

I've got one more push left in me this yr yet! :)

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DW, you are too kind.. :box:
I've lost a smidgen, and while you're right about rest & repair, the amount of cardio (sports) I've been doing has surely been chewing some tissue away. not complaining tho -- I'm happy where I'm at right now, and I know mass will come back quickly as I pick up steam in my training/dietary intake..then when I bring back the supps (all the usual suspects, hehe), shiz is gonna hit the fan! :sgrin:

I've got one more push left in me this yr yet! :)
Any new goals you are shooting for Snag on this next push of yours or are you going to hold out on us until the last minute like you always do?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Any new goals you are shooting for Snag on this next push of yours or are you going to hold out on us until the last minute like you always do?
:ntome:

:D

well, I think competing this yr is out..I'm really feeling a rigid clean-bulk cycle right now, shoot for 200lbs+ at lower BF levels (@ 6% or so)..get my legs back..sports (other than tennis) will be done shortly, so I can focus on pure mass-gain. curious to see what I can do with the Armageddon if I stay in a smart caloric surplus for awhile, 3200-3800 cals..

but..ya never know..

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:ntome:

:D

well, I think competing this yr is out..I'm really feeling a rigid clean-bulk cycle right now, shoot for 200lbs+ at lower BF levels (@ 6% or so)..get my legs back..sports (other than tennis) will be done shortly, so I can focus on pure mass-gain. curious to see what I can do with the Armageddon if I stay in a smart caloric surplus for awhile, 3200-3800 cals..

but..ya never know..
Sounds like a pretty rigid goal you have there, bulking and maintaining that low a BF is surely going to take some discipline but we all have faith you are the one to do it! Thanks for the heads up and look forward to your next log, they are always fun to follow. :paranoid::paranoid::paranoid:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will be very interested in a clean bulk Snag. I just can't seem to gain clean mass anymore. I've been riding the Asteroid for a week now....

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I will be very interested in a clean bulk Snag. I just can't seem to gain clean mass anymore. I've been riding the Asteroid for a week now....
The bigger you get the harder it gets:sick:

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Snag what do you think is better for fat loss the pslin or the anabolic pump? Trying to get to your level.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Snag what do you think is better for fat loss the pslin or the anabolic pump? Trying to get to your level.
AP, no question dude.
Pslin can be effective [differently] as well, but really only 1x day in a cut..AP has much more impact on fat-loss/nutrient repartitioning.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Clean mass is in your future... hey sounds like a fortune cookie. :mischievous:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The bigger you get the harder it gets:sick:
That's what she said ...:mischievous: ...... sorry that one was just waiting there...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking damn good there Snagz! Couldn't have guessed you had been off supps and lifting without you posting it above the pic. Looking Beastly!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes as Snagz put it AP is the way to go for fatloss / recomp, unlike PSlin alone AP actually turns of the fat receptors glut-4 reaction so it does not uptake fat while it is stimulating the glut-4 reaction in the muscle cell receptors. So essentially it puts the nutrients where they need to go and stops it from going where it shouldn't. Gonna have a gnarley cheat meal???Double up on your AP. ;) Oops I let out my secret....

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes as Snagz put it AP is the way to go for fatloss / recomp, unlike PSlin alone AP actually turns of the fat receptors glut-4 reaction so it does not uptake fat while it is stimulating the glut-4 reaction in the muscle cell receptors. So essentially it puts the nutrients where they need to go and stops it from going where it shouldn't. Gonna have a gnarley cheat meal???Double up on your AP. ;) Oops I let out my secret....
Yah I do that too, but my larger meals are not always carb intensive... some of my cheat meals have been more meat intensive!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yah I do that too, but my larger meals are not always carb intensive... some of my cheat meals have been more meat intensive!!
MMMMMMM... that ain't cheating that's being a carnivore!!!!! Beleive it or not though, meat / protien causes insulin release which still potentiates the AP so it is good either way. Now I need to go find a Brazilian spot to get my grub on! Last few major days of relaxed eating before I start hitting my own stack / log / contest prep. I might as well enjoy them the nutritional handcuffs go on Monday.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes nothing hits the spot like a 32oz porter house!
Those and rib-eyes. I hadn't had one in a while and I cooked some over some orange,oak, and mesquite. All I can say is wow!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those and rib-eyes. I hadn't had one in a while and I cooked some over some orange,oak, and mesquite. All I can say is wow!
Hell yeah. My dad is an executive for the corp. that owns Traeger Grills, so he gets all their stuff for free. I swear, I have never had such good steak as the stuff that comes off that Traeger when using mesquite and hickory pellets! Better than any restaurant I've gone too.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mesquite damn! Now I gotta get my Texan eat on!! That does it off the search for a mesquite grill... fuggers had to mention mesquite!!

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Mesquite damn! Now I gotta get my Texan eat on!! That does it off the search for a mesquite grill... fuggers had to mention mesquite!!
you have to add the orange wood in there too, trust me it makes all the difference.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya we got us some good meat and smoking wood in TX boys. Making me hungry!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ya we got us some good meat and smoking wood in TX boys. Making me hungry!
Damn Straight best barbecue in the country! Thank God I am a meatusaurus!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gonna have a gnarley cheat meal???Double up on your AP. ;) Oops I let out my secret....
or, an AP+Pslin..oooops, there went mine! :18:

all this meat talk..gonna have to get my steak on tonight.. :food:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
or, an AP+Pslin..oooops, there went mine! :18:

all this meat talk..gonna have to get my steak on tonight.. :food:
yah a lot of meat was eaten due to this thread of that I am sure.

AP and plsin or double AP depends on the meal I am about to gorge on! This stuff just make it too easy sometimes :laugh2:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MMMMM Gotta love it.... I actually had cheat meals all the way up to 4 weeks out with this stuff and still came in more shredded than anyone in the show. Makes contest prep easy.

yah a lot of meat was eaten due to this thread of that I am sure.

AP and plsin or double AP depends on the meal I am about to gorge on! This stuff just make it too easy sometimes :laugh2:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MMMMM Gotta love it.... I actually had cheat meals all the way up to 4 weeks out with this stuff and still came in more shredded than anyone in the show. Makes contest prep easy.
Man that's music to my ears .. prep has always been a nightmare for me!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
snagency Supplement Logs 2196