Snacks

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Generally as long as calories get in for a bulk doesnt matter if its one meal or 10. however the LESS you have (especially while eating carbs) the better for your pancreas.
if youd like to poop out all your cals then eat them in a single sitting.... you might be acting facetious here but its not true regardless.

Im still waiting on studies from your end as well since I have done plenty of homework on the subject and info is all I need, Im not going to find it for you.

You CAN find advocates for just about anything, thats true, but I know what works for the general populace and has been shown effective through real world results time and time again, keeping BS levels constant will def boost metabolism and carb cycling will reduce pancreatic strain.

If your bulking then id def suggest using an insulin aid like anabolic pump as well to give your pancreas a break.... still insulin isnt everything when it comes to metabolism, the body uses tons of different mechanisms to increase your metabolic rate and having a constant source of fuel is imparitive.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
I don't think so. You have something wrong with your digestive system if it takes 6 hours to digest an 8oz chicken breast.
http://drbass.com/sequential.html
nope

has to do with the amount of protein you consume i believe they are talking about an ounce one serving.

otherwise why would people still think you can only digest 30g of protein at one time?

its been debunked . and ill get you a study.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
if youd like to poop out all your cals then eat them in a single sitting.... you might be acting facetious here but its not true regardless.

Im still waiting on studies from your end as well since I have done plenty of homework on the subject and info is all I need, Im not going to find it for you.

You CAN find advocates for just about anything, thats true, but I know what works for the general populace and has been shown effective through real world results time and time again, keeping BS levels constant will def boost metabolism and carb cycling will reduce pancreatic strain.

If your bulking then id def suggest using an insulin aid like anabolic pump as well to give your pancreas a break.... still insulin isnt everything when it comes to metabolism, the body uses tons of different mechanisms to increase your metabolic rate and having a constant source of fuel is imparitive.
u never asked for them.

Leangains.com has most of them.

but generally physiology in terms of leptin and insulin will show you why eating more and cutting meals in half will help and work better. on a health basis.

ill search if i must, but im at work right now,.

Jentry07

Awards
I snack on deli turkey a lot! It's a great filling snack! Or peanut butter and celery is really tasty!

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
nice i like seeing that...except the one pubmed study being with obese individuals, not fit ones.... other then that very interesting.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
http://www.jacn.org/content/20/6/643.full

"this is in agreement with a previous report in which leptin response to carbohydrate intake is delayed for four to five hours after meal intake"

so wait 4-5 hours after you eat for leptin levels to return to baseline to prevent leptin resistance

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/277/5/E855.full

"This response was progressive and started to diverge from that of fat meal and of fast approximately 4–5 h after food ingestion. These results are in agreement with our previous study showing that the postprandial leptin response to a meal is delayed to 4 h after the meal"

The above just reiterating the top.

"Leptin response was significantly correlated to insulin response (r = 0.51,P < 0.0001). "

"In conclusion, a carbohydrate meal induces higher postprandial leptin levels than an isoenergetic fat meal."

"Its major findings are 1) that a carbohydrate meal induces a greater postprandial leptin response than an isoenergetic fat meal, "

so bulkin frequent meals are horrible for you and can lead to a greater chance of getting FAT.

Is it true that low carb diets this can be taken in differently , yes, but as this study above shows insulin responce to fat ingestions..

"In women, leptin levels were higher after the fat meal than while fasting."

heres something interesting...

"The relationship between leptin levels and carbohydrate intake suggests that leptin could contribute to the beneficial impact of carbohydrate-rich diets. Long-term studies are necessary to confirm this hypothesis."

high levels of leptin in the brain (ARC nucleous) is responsible for increased oxidation. However if there is a resistance (which we can see on a bulk diet) then theres less fatty acid oxidation. This study failed to mention it due to needing "long-term studies". Carb rich diets alotted in the 4-5 hours inbetween meal times would be more beneficial which would be still 2-3 meals. depending on how your caloric intake is.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
nice i like seeing that...except the one pubmed study being with obese individuals, not fit ones.... other then that very interesting.
Well you have to understand obese to them is them going by a specific BMI not bodyfat (flaw in a lot of studies)... your BMI can be high but doesnt account for muscle mass.

But you are right that lean individuals handle these things better, but lean individuals usually over eat to put on weight. and eat to frequently because they feel they need to.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
"
In spite of our progress in understandingleptin resistance and obesity, critical questions remainunanswered. In particular, how does elevated leptin lead to​
leptin resistance? Although both leptin receptors and leptin
signaling are down regulated by chronically elevated leptin,the degree of down-regulation of either component isinsufficient to account for largely absent leptin responses.Could selective leptin resistance in the CNS explain thisdiscrepancy? Emerging evidence suggests that leptinsignaling is preferentially reduced in the arcuate nucleus ofthe hypothalamus and not in other regions such as theventromedial, dorsomedial and/or premammilary nucleusof the hypothalamus that also express leptin receptors (49).By what mechanism(s) is the leptin resistance prevented inthese other nuclei? If we can understand the nature ofleptin resistance and develop new ways to reverse thatresistance, we can unleash the potent fat reducing potentialof leptin, and leptin may once again referred to as the “antiobesity​
hormone”.

http://www.bioscience.org/u37153137/gaDTRQo7632rgysaGWQYT64356/2007/v12/af/2332/2332.pdf

A study from 2007 kinda articulates difference between circulating vs ARC nucleus levels in modulation of adiposy.

"
These datademonstrate that chronic vanadium administrationenhances the weight-reducing effects of centrally​
administered leptin in lean animals. The underlying
mechanism appears to involve enhanced hypothalamic​
leptin signal transduction.
"