Site Upgraded

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
Just a heads up, I can't get my stats like age, height, weight to show up in my avatar.

ETA: Aparently it's like that for everyone. Nevermind.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dark theme installed....mobile theme installed.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
oh and the dark is even more sinister LOVE IT

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
Yep, I like the dark as well. Also, the other small changes don't go unnoticed (added option under quick links, notification/my profile up top, etc)

Good work!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am unable to get the full site on my droid now. I do the "click for full site" and it just stays in mobile.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workin on that...

Also, THe search bar in the top right goes to Google. It does a better job handling complex searches. If you want the normal vbulletin search, go to the Quick Links Drop down menu at the top and click Normal Search.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workin on that...

Also, THe search bar in the top right goes to Google. It does a better job handling complex searches. If you want the normal vbulletin search, go to the Quick Links Drop down menu at the top and click Normal Search.

Thank you! The mobile is faster but I definitely prefer the options and feel of the full site!

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
I agree about the new search function... it seems that it has been made less easy to use.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Less easy...how is typing something into a search bar harder?

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Did you change the search feature? It was a certain way before the site upgrade, then it changed for a while to something that was not very user friendly, and now it is back to how it used to appear. I'm so confused lol. For example before the upgrade I was looking into "homemade protein bars". The search went great before and now, but that in between time had a different screen than normal and was not finding what I was looking for. I may just need to put the crack pipe down...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes its been changed several times...

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workin on that...

When I click on the Quick Links, the only things on the menu are "Subscribed Threads" and "Open Contacts Group". Am I missing something? I need to go in and search for specific users and their posts in a certain time period. Any hints?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Argh!!!

Can you see it now?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You lie! Try again!

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
My drop-down 'quick links' options are:

Subcribed threads
Open contacts popup
Normal search

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Normal search is the "old" search that was available before the Google search that people were asking for. So now you have the best of both worlds... want Google search? Use the search box at the top right of the site... want a more advanced search? Use Normal search in the Quick Links drop down. Doesn't get much more all-inclusive than that, unless you're staying at a Sandals resort.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wanted to drop a big thank you to you guys for getting the full site bar working so I can get full site on my phone! Thank you thank you!!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
seems t be working great!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also a big thanks, the mobile is working now on my phone as well!

Could you get it to where when you post from mobile that your signature still shows? Or have the option like we do on the full site?

Thanks again!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It does in the gray bar below your signature.....in the full site.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It does in the gray bar below your signature.....in the full site.
No no, I'm talking about when I post from mobile... My signature doesn't show and it also doesn't give me the option like the full site does.. Not a biggie, was just wondering if you could make that happen from mobile posting.

Like when you send a PM on mobile it gives you the option of "show your signature" but not when you make a post..

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its taken out to remove clutter for the most part....if you included sig's it takes away from its simplicity....the new mobile apps will have it though.