Simple carbs make my heart race

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just had a cheat meal of chicken fajitas, and my heart is pounding and thinking back to pretty much any cheat meal (usually pizza) where in ingest a lot of simple carbs my heart races. Is this normal? Does anyone else get this?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
probably just your body working hard to metabolize the extra food (especially when its heavier and containing substances that your body ussually doesnt have to deal with)

its fine

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
My wife gets this consistently. She had low DHEA levels and low thyroid levels...might not hurt to get some blood work.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
this started happenig to me, ive since got in much better cardio shape and its subsided, is cardio a non factor for you?

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What kind of chicken fajitas are you eating that have simple carbs? What about fruit - does it give you the same symptoms?

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I ate a bunch of flour tortillas, I don't recall if fruit does the same thing I really can't remember the last time I ate fruit.

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I do cardio 4-5 days a week but its always low intensity, occasionally I'll do some HIIT but for teh most part my HR doesnt go over 140.

this started happenig to me, ive since got in much better cardio shape and its subsided, is cardio a non factor for you?