Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just got a email saying my monthly prescription of sildenafil should be thrown out due to possible presence of trazadone...they said a new supply is being sent!!!

so i googled sildenafil and trazadone and found out they are actually sometimes prescribed together to treat ED.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
just got a email saying my monthly prescription of sildenafil should be thrown out due to possible presence of trazadone...they said a new supply is being sent!!!

so i googled sildenafil and trazadone and found out they are actually sometimes prescribed together to treat ED.
Nothing like messing up prescription ingredients 🤦‍♂️

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shoot, I'd still take it at night just for the sleep gains. Im rx'd trazadone for insomnia. It's great.

As for it's ED benefits, I believe that's more inclusive to psychological ED vs physiological ED.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Shoot, I'd still take it at night just for the sleep gains. Im rx'd trazadone for insomnia. It's great.

As for it's ED benefits, I believe that's more inclusive to psychological ED vs physiological ED.
for sure!!!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I’m scripted trazadone and hydroxyzine for insomnia. Hydroxyzine worked for seven days (started low mg and built up) then stopped.

Scared to take the trazadone lol

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m scripted trazadone and hydroxyzine for insomnia. Hydroxyzine worked for seven days (started low mg and built up) then stopped.

It doesn't really agree with me.
Zombies me out.
If you try it, start lower.

A lot of guys like it for sleep

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Incorrect. Its a vasodilator.

It's actually a pretty good sleep aide. I believe I've read studies that showed relatively normal sleep cycles with low to moderate traz doses.

The main side effect is sinus congestion that keeps a lot of people from using it. Just like any other vasodilator.

Now the problem w sinus congestion and being a sleep aide is that night time congestion = apnea.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

It's actually a pretty good sleep aide. I believe I've read studies that showed relatively normal sleep cycles with low to moderate traz doses.

The main side effect is sinus congestion that keeps a lot of people from using it. Just like any other vasodilator.

Now the problem w sinus congestion and being a sleep aide is that night time congestion = apnea.
already have apnea, use a cpap machine.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I'm speaking about trazadone itself and based my statement of it being more inslusive to psychological ED than physiological ED on a meta-analysis done on Trazadone.

*I should have clarified better that I did not specifically mean the combination of them with that statement.

Last edited:
Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Start low. Some people respond at 50mg. Brace for impact on realistic dreams the first month, though .

I go 100mg nightly. Dreams have subsided. I don't feel groggy and I'm easily woken when my kids need me or wake up earlier than expected and be alert and oriented. I've come off it before with no withdrawal.

But, like @Renew1 said, people have different experiences. I respond well. Others don't.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thats awesome that u are treating the problem. Cpap usually helps. Do u think it helps u?
i am a great responder to cpap, even on days when i am able to takes a nap i use it...i take it with me when i go out of town overnight. it did take some adjust getting used to it but benefits far outweigh the initial discomfort, for me at least!!!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm speaking about trazadone itself and based my statement of it being more inslusive to psychological ED than physiological ED on a meta-analysis done on Trazadone.

*I should have clarified better that I did not specifically mean the combination of them with that statement.
Spell this out for me like I'm five. The psychological mechanism that the anti depressant trazodone enhances b0n3rs can be explained by.... ???

mexecutioner

Awards
Spell this out for me like I'm five. The psychological mechanism that the anti depressant trazodone enhances b0n3rs can be explained by.... ???
Alpha adrenergic receptor blockade. This is usually more relevant at higher doses. Trazodone is well known for the side effect of priapism due to this MOA.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alpha adrenergic receptor blockade. This is usually more relevant at higher doses. Trazodone is well known for the side effect of priapism due to this MOA.
Excellent! Appreciate the clarification