Shredded by summer cont'd. Iparatroop goes from fat to fit.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats some da_n good cardio: 6 min pace for 15 mile. I remember when I was in, I did 11:40 for my 2 mile and could run forever, but I was a.scrawny little teenager then. 2 years later I was up 20 lbs, and bustin it to stay in the 12:30 range on my 2 mile, and truth be told I still wasn't anything special then (although I sure thought I was since my Push-ups/Sit-ups always put my APFT score as highest in every Unit I was ever in, even at West Point, I was ranked 1st in my year physically (before leaving)....really though it was mostly just muscle memory and technique (starting with Tricep pushups and moving to pecs. When they fatigued).

Now I am about 20-25 lbs even more heavy though, which was partly flab at first, but I've traded most of it in for lean mass now. Still working on getting that cardio back up though, since in SFAS they still grade you on the 17-21 scale no matter how old you are, and I am never satisfied unless I at least exceed the max score....so 13 min. 2 mile (when fatigued not fresh) is my minimum standard. Of course since you said you can do 4 mile at a 6 min. Pace already, youve just bumped up one of my short term.goals ;-p

And yeah, I know getting back in is harder right now (especially into The Regiment), but I have a semi-unique background and solid foundation. I've already talked specifically to a SF recruiter to check feasibility, see if they'd even want me and layed out a game-plan.

Ultimately though, I don't care how hard it is, its where I belong, and I'll get there one way or another. Even if took years and maybe a change of identity or 2. (just kidding on the last part of course....maybe). ;-)
Into the regiment? Are we talking ranger now lol?

My dad was SF, back in 'Nam, he weighed a whopping 160 at 6'1". (Like 1958 enlistee)

Was strong though, mentally and physically.

Make sure you work Ruck runs (as much as I hate recommending that). They do all of their rucks as runs.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats some da_n good cardio: 6 min pace for 15 mile. I remember when I was in, I did 11:40 for my 2 mile and could run forever, but I was a.scrawny little teenager then. 2 years later I was up 20 lbs, and bustin it to stay in the 12:30 range on my 2 mile, and truth be told I still wasn't anything special then (although I sure thought I was since my Push-ups/Sit-ups always put my APFT score as highest in every Unit I was ever in, even at West Point, I was ranked 1st in my year physically (before leaving)....really though it was mostly just muscle memory and technique (starting with Tricep pushups and moving to pecs. When they fatigued).

Now I am about 20-25 lbs even more heavy though, which was partly flab at first, but I've traded most of it in for lean mass now. Still working on getting that cardio back up though, since in SFAS they still grade you on the 17-21 scale no matter how old you are, and I am never satisfied unless I at least exceed the max score....so 13 min. 2 mile (when fatigued not fresh) is my minimum standard. Of course since you said you can do 4 mile at a 6 min. Pace already, youve just bumped up one of my short term.goals ;-p

And yeah, I know getting back in is harder right now (especially into The Regiment), but I have a semi-unique background and solid foundation. I've already talked specifically to a SF recruiter to check feasibility, see if they'd even want me and layed out a game-plan.

Ultimately though, I don't care how hard it is, its where I belong, and I'll get there one way or another. Even if took years and maybe a change of identity or 2. (just kidding on the last part of course....maybe). ;-)
You must use talk to text. Either that or you just have a lot of words.

LeeDurr

LeeDurr

Awards
You must use talk to text. Either that or you just have a lot of words.
Alot of words. ;-p (Guess I need to practice the "Quiet" part of QP ;-p, but need to be a good communicator too, since thats the the main part if the job, communicating and teaching, not as much door-kicking as some would like).

Its actually annoying to type it all on my phone though, especially still learning my new phone with an even smaller keyboard, until I remember I have Swype Texting now, which makes it a lot easier. ;-) Of course, if I wanted to kick doors and be a Ranger, it'd be even easier. My posts would conisist of *Grunt, Grunt, Hooah, + a sentence or two. ;-p (Just kidding on that last part......maybe). ;-)

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude...what y'all got in California is weak. Ive got some stuff here that'll put hair on your tongue.

Literally one of my davoeire hot sauce is called #5- the "sphincter shrinker"
Send me some. I'll be your huckleberry.

LeeDurr

LeeDurr

Awards
Into the regiment? Are we talking ranger now lol?

My dad was SF, back in 'Nam, he weighed a whooping 160 at 6'1". (Like 1958 enlistee)

Was strong though, mentally and physically.

Make sure you work Ruck runs (as much as I hate recommending that). They do all of their rucks as runs.
SF is a Reg. too, though you are right "The Reg." is usually a reference to the Ranger Bats. I guess, but I try to stay away from those social groups ;-p. (Jk. My best friend from High school stuck out through USMA and I am going to Benning next month to watch him get his short-tab).

But yeah, I am doing a lot of ruck-runs; (Thanks for the heads up, its def. Solid advice). There are some nice trails near my house and I take my 3 yr. Old out there with me sometimes, and loadup extra weight since I know Ill be walking, but the last 3 out of 5 times we've been out there we've ran into a snake, which each time has caused my son to instantly monkey crawl his way into my shoulders before I even know what's going on. 35 extra lbs of kid is a lot heavier when, its on top of a 60lb weight vest + 50-65 ruck.... ;-/

Alright I am done hi-jacking Para's thread. I came here to follow along him spilling his guts to us, not for me to spill mine. ;-p

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You could do my Warrior Workout, Kleen's Machine as it is called now. It is the one that DreamWeaver has been running the last 4-6 weeks. Works great for stamina and finishing strength. Will make running those miles easier on the heat too. Hit me up with your email if you want it.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could do my Warrior Workout, Kleen's Machine as it is called now. It is the one that DreamWeaver has been running the last 4-6 weeks. Works great for stamina and finishing strength. Will make running those miles easier on the heat too. Hit me up with your email if you want it.
There he is. And he comes bearing gifts. You sent me down the right path with GVT, now let's see this warrior/Kleen's Machine.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Dude...what y'all got in California is weak. Ive got some stuff here that'll put hair on your tongue.

Literally one of my davoeire hot sauce is called #5- the "sphincter shrinker"
I got one called 100% pain, and another called "ass in the tub"

The 100% pain I bought on a dare, it literally brought me to me knees.

The ass in the tub, I tried it once, ghost chilies. It scares the hell out of me...

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So your avatar if of your ass hole after you had that stuff huh?

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In this.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

The ass in the tub, I tried it once, ghost chilies. It scares the hell out of me...
I like to taste my food, and the hot sauce. That stuff sounds like disaster in a bottle.
So your avatar is of my ass hole after my trip to sf huh?
Wait, what?
Welcome, enjoy the quote edits.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards

I've got the 100% pain. I use it in my jambalaya and my chili.

Ghost bhut jolokias are pretty warm lol they're the hottest pepper in the world right now. But slot of the sauces made with them aren't too bad cause they mainly use it for the flavor. I've got a few sauces with them

napalm

napalm

Awards
I've got the 100% pain. I use it in my jambalaya and my chili.

Ghost bhut jolokias are pretty warm lol they're the hottest pepper in the world right now. But slot of the sauces made with them aren't too bad cause they mainly use it for the flavor. I've got a few sauces with them
Short hijack: we were camping last summer, drunk of course, and ended up at a store that sold it. Long story short: don't ever, EVER, take one of those long pretzel sticks and dunk the whole thing in 100% pain and eat it.

Trust me on this one...

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just to join the hot sauce talk... Franks is definitely my go to for about anything. I have some Dave's ultimate Insanity and Ass Reaper for when someone really wants a kick. probably 30 more bottles in the fridge too, this family is big into sauces.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, two minutes before walking into the gym I get an email from Kleen with a nice attachment. Kleen's Machine he calls it. Full body three times a week. Reads easy on paper, I suppose...but it's not.
1 scoop Jack3d micro (way different feel than OG Jack3d)
1 versa-1
MBCAAs intra
Chest Flat DB BP
w/u 60x12
80x8
80x8,60x8,40x8,30x7 (strip set until failure)
Bent over DB row
w/u 65x12
85x8
85x8,60x9,45x9,35x6 (SSUT)
Standing Arnold's (Skipped because I did shoulders yesterday)
DB Hammer curls
w/u 30x12
40x8
40x8,30x8,25x6,20x6 (focused on the negatives, like I do with the rest of my life, and I should have just done the Arnold's because the rows and curls b2b were pretty tough w/1 min rest) Standing OH Tri ext (used straight bar w/cables to not have DB bouncing off of my head)
w/u 90x12
120x8
120x8, 100x10,90x8,80x8 (I think I underestimated weight here, will adjust next session)
Skipped legs for rest purposes. Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day so I'll do some HIIT. Either the Micro or the Versa is giving me a really good pump. Could just be the workout itself though, because I'm still shaking 1.5 hours later.
Weight this Monday, 187.75

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
The few times i did some complete body stuff it was rough. Made me nauseous, which it was supposed to but i don't like that much. Things are lookin good in here though!

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Full Body? No thanks :( hahaha. I'm sorry. You'll get cut up for sure though that's a calorie burner.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I wanted to punch my watch this morning. I'm pretty sure it counts to sixty faster than any other watch on earth.
:lol:
there's only one full-body routine i've ever done that i liked - and yes, was ruff as hell
not my preference, but yes you take fat metabolism into the stratosphere
rock it!

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:lol:
there's only one full-body routine i've ever done that i liked - and yes, was ruff as hell
not my preference, but yes you take fat metabolism into the stratosphere
rock it!
It's rough but I have goals so I'll stick with it. If I ever meet Kleen face to face though, I'll have some words for him and his program.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kleen is hiding today. Boss body has him in quarantine lol.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
10 years ago today, 988 brave souls from the 173rd Airborne Brigade made a parachute jump into Northern Iraq under the cover of darkness. I'm more than proud to wear that patch on my right sleeve.

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
10 years ago today, 988 brave souls from the 173rd Airborne Brigade made a parachute jump into Northern Iraq under the cover of darkness. I'm more than proud to wear that patch on my right sleeve.
I salute this! Got me thinking too. When Bush gave his 48hr deadline to Saddam in 2003 on March 17th I was 200ft from the Iraqi border watching Patriot Missiles and multiple launch rocket systems prep for our invasion. Man that was surreal....Good times!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
ironically, i am watching Zero Dark Thirty tonight

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
.......don't want to see no bright ass pictures in snags basement of you two watching zero dark thirty........leaving now

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I salute this! Got me thinking too. When Bush gave his 48hr deadline to Saddam in 2003 on March 17th I was 200ft from the Iraqi border watching Patriot Missiles and multiple launch rocket systems prep for our invasion. Man that was surreal....Good times!
After pondering, I came up with what I may or may not have been doing on March 17th, 2003.

1.Drinking excessive amounts of red bull and vodka.
2.Going to a strip club in northern Italy.
3.Getting into a fight.
4.Watching Romanian girls shake their jiggly things.
5.Driving home with Diana (my Romanian stripper friend who paid for my cigarettes)
6.All of the above. (Most likely scenario)

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
After pondering, I came up with what I may or may not have been doing on March 17th, 2003.

3.Getting into a fight.
5.Driving home with Diana (my Romanian stripper friend who paid for my cigarettes)
Ahh foreign girls how i miss thee. I hooked up with an Italian girl in Naples in 02' while on a med float. Just one of a few "conquests" during that trip.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was in high school. Old fuggers.

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great movie

I do! Wait what?
I've heard it was a great movie, I have yet to see it though. I can honestly say that I sit in front of the tv less than an hour a week, unless the Seahawks are playing.
As for pics...he's real far away and I'd be embarrassed to stand beside that monster right now anyway. Judging by the pics he threw up in his log this week, dude's gonna be scary when he comes out of hiding.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
you guys whining about feeling old .... :hitwithrock:
i turned 32 in 2003

Great movie
was interesting
did not realize the copy i got was in french..was okay since i speak it, but i hate dubbed movies, the non-synced lip moves :rant:

I've heard it was a great movie, I have yet to see it though. I can honestly say that I sit in front of the tv less than an hour a week, unless the Seahawks are playing.
As for pics...he's real far away and I'd be embarrassed to stand beside that monster right now anyway. Judging by the pics he threw up in his log this week, dude's gonna be scary when he comes out of hiding.
lol, you are doing fine bro, great work in here
i thank you for the kind words (and i agree - it gon be nassss-teeee) :D

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards

3.Getting into a fight.
...dude you owe me for those cogs still...and the car ride home