Should I throw in DAA

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
So the addition of calcium affects absorption somehow?
No it's LITERALLY a different molecule once it separates. The reduced form doesn't pick up the extra hydrogen. It's not even the same molecule at all!

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
The DADAVIT label has the final say in my opinion - unless we think a pharmaceutical company got it's own label wrong and risking penalties vs what they put in there. It was the Topo study that confounded the issue - they used DADAVIT (because, well, PharmaGuida paid them to use it, LOL) - but they talk all about Sodium Aspartate in the body of the document - strike one on study quality.

Then there's the Willoughby et. al. study - that whole team of PhD researchers would have to be clueless that there was a real world difference between D-Aspartic Acid (which is produced endogenously from L-Aspartic Acid and what interacts with the NMDA receptor) and Sodium D-Aspartate, which is just DAA bound to salt. Possible I guess, but I'd have to see third party, unbiased data on why DAA doesn't work, where the other one does.

But hey, if you believe this stuff does anything in healthy, young athletes - and think there's a difference in what form you use, $57 will get you a years supply of the Unicorn powder :D
They were REALLY sloppy with the study. Lactate and Lactic Acid aren't the same thing either. The Wiloughby study used the most common form on the market. Listen, like I said Pat Arnold and I rarely agree on anything, but he was the first to call this and he's spot on. Additionally, since you are searching look at the effects of Nitric Oxide on testosterone levels and also look at the studies prior to 2009 where they looked at endogenous D-aspartate and testosterone levels along with exogenous in rats! Good to see a very informed and talented member! Also, I am too old to look up all of those studies again (not as old as you brother, but close). lol

2Burnt

Awards
No it's LITERALLY a different molecule once it separates. The reduced form doesn't pick up the extra hydrogen. It's not even the same molecule at all!
I knew there had to be something i was missing. Appreciate the info. I got to do more research before i go forward with this.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, I I live in Canada and bloods cost allot more than the USA and in my area - are nearly impossible to get. Again, I am 50 and for pennies a day - DAA does the things I said it does for me and more so every year. I personally don't need bloods - DAA makes me feel great. And most folks in my age group agree. Every thread on DAA ever comes down to test levels and bloods; however, this was certainly not OP's context for opening the thread - no where did he mention in his opening comments anything about 'weather it raises T or not'. Now lets relax and enjoy the forum.
Placebo is a powerful phenomenon but if it makes you feel like a 20 yr old its all good. Shame it did zilch for me. And I , unlike you , run regular bloodwork. And I'm in my fifties.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Placebo is a powerful phenomenon but if it makes you feel like a 20 yr old its all good. Shame it did zilch for me. And I , unlike you , run regular bloodwork. And I'm in my fifties.
Placebo is amazing. :D

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1. Yes
2. Even my friends ran and it did nothing
3. It does not suprise me that company reps always gets positive results from ingredients that are literaly garbage
what was the brand and kind of d aspartic acid you and your friend ran and have labs on?

I used the sodium D aspartic acid. Ive been on trt three years and every time Daa makes my testes bigger. That alone is worth it for me.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what was the brand and kind of d aspartic acid you and your friend ran and have labs on?

I used the sodium D aspartic acid. Ive been on trt three years and every time Daa makes my testes bigger. That alone is worth it for me.
Am I remembering wrong or did you say you used it with TRT or as part of PCT or something? That would make sense, as DAA does seem to have potential for people with low-T.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Am I remembering wrong or did you say you used it with TRT or as part of PCT or something? That would make sense, as DAA does seem to have potential for people with low-T.
I use daa on trt for a couple weeks at a time, just for cosmetic reasons .

I first used daa in 2010 or so and bought the stuff. I used it from 2011-2012 for eleven months straight. When I had my bloodwork it was when I was under the care of an endocrinologist, and had it twice two weeks after discontinuing daa, because my endo wanted me to test while on nothing

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use daa on trt for a couple weeks at a time, just for cosmetic reasons .

I first used daa in 2010 or so and bought the stuff. I used it from 2011-2012 for eleven months straight. When I had my bloodwork it was when I was under the care of an endocrinologist, and had it twice two weeks after discontinuing daa, because my endo wanted me to test while on nothing
So did you have low-T before/when using it and/or was it used during PCT or time off TRT etc?

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For those that will use DAA, serious Nutrition Solutions makes capsules and powder form at cost effective prices.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Thanks for your support.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Thanks for your support. Your opinion matters - don't forget that.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established

Try Rise and Swell my brother. I call it the Ball Balloon supplement. lol I go from grapes to peaches in an hour!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try Rise and Swell my brother. I call it the Ball Balloon supplement. lol I go from grapes to peaches in an hour!
Uusally take a week or so for me to really see effects although I think even after a day or so I seem to notice.

So did you have low-T before/when using it and/or was it used during PCT or time off TRT etc?
I first used Daa in 2010 after a protodrol cycle. Then in 2011 I thought it worked well and did an eleven month straight long run. In 2014 I started trt, and since then I use it sometimes whenever I want to get testes bigger

2Burnt

Awards
Daa gave me migraines. Although Im on an EC cycle also. I might revisit daa in a couple months once i get little homeostasis going.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

We both used E Pharm Testforce 2..
I really admire Patrick Arnold work but DAA was big miss

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Daa gave me migraines. Although Im on an EC cycle also. I might revisit daa in a couple months once i get little homeostasis going.
Some of the worst ever, it scared the **** out of me. I would get these pounding headaches that I would feel with my heartbeat and then started hearing about similar experiences. Combined with not having any actual effect on test levels and the ****s, it is on my list of garbage supplements.

2Burnt

Awards
Some of the worst ever, it scared the **** out of me. I would get these pounding headaches that I would feel with my heartbeat and then started hearing about similar experiences. Combined with not having any actual effect on test levels and the ****s, it is on my list of garbage supplements.
I hear ya. 2 days was too much for me. I feel great today just using my EC.