Shaun T's INSANITY workout

jdhil90

Awards
I just did my first day of it yesterday. It's intense and probably the hardest cardio I've done next to football training. Has anyone tried it?

jdhil90

Awards
bumppp cmon i wanna hear from people who got opinions on this workout? anyone have an experience with it? how did your results go? and if you guys havn't tried it and are trying to lean out i highly recommend it. you'll have sweat pouring all over. i've done lots of cardio and nothing like this before. i dropped about 5 pounds the first week!

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I've been using it for the last 10 weeks or so in place of my normal cardio. It's definitely intense but you will need to be careful that you don't lose muscle along with the fat. I certainly wouldn't follow the full program and do 6 sessions each week but 3 or 4 sessions along with a calorie deficit and you will definitely lose some fat.

I started with 16.5% BF (Accumeasure) and a 38" waist (navel) and 10 weeks later I'm down to 12% BF with a 35 3/4" waist. I've had to change my gym schedule around so that I do legs on Monday as there are so many squatting movements in the Insanity program that when I got to my normal leg day (Wednesday) my quads were already pretty exhausted.

I started off doing the Month 1 (40 minute) workouts for about 6 weeks and now do the Month 2 (50-60 minute) workouts. The Month 2 workouts are a definite step up from the Month 1 ones and there is no way I would have been able to complete them if I had started off with them.

It's worth a look if people want to try something different for their HIIT cardio and they will really get you sweating.