Shame on the Mets.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Asa a former NYer, but a Yankee fan, this was a disgrace. He should have been fired at the end of last year and not made to be a fall guy for an underachieving bunch of babies. Also, shame on David Wright for his comments afterwards as well, throwning Willie under the bus

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Connecticut born. Red Sox fan. :) Now live in florida :) Lol - I had to do it b. ;)

It was a pure classless act. While i don't care for the yankees or mets, i'm still a fan of baseball and the upkeeping of the sport......and this was just wrong.

Randolph is a good guy, and didn't deserve that type of school yard exit.

Shame of the mets for certain. :nono:

IainDaniel

Awards
Why the Mets will always be a AAA team of New York

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I missed the Wright comments. Link me.
I cant find the link, I believe it was the NYP, something like he will miss willie but is thrilled at the opportunity with Manuel

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Willie will offered another job with a team that needs experience like his soon. He is a good coach/manager, and once, a player. I'm sure he'll be OK. But the entire situation is shady.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I predict Yankee pinstripes post All-Star game or prior to the stretch to the AL playoffs. Fielding, hitting, base coach.

I also feel that, although Gerardi is a fine player/manager, had Willie not been contracted with the Mets he would be in Gerardi's spot right now. JMO.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your statement has value, and I felt the same way at the end of last season. Time will tell...
I predict Yankee pinstripes post All-Star game or prior to the stretch to the AL playoffs.

I also feel that, although Gerardi is a fine player/manager, had Willie not been contracted with the Mets he would be in Gerardi's spot right now. JMO.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
What goes around , comes around as Omar will soon find out as the Mets continue to fall, even with Santana.

:bruce3:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The Mariners would benefit more from Willie, than that of Riggleman.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not familiar with Rigglemen yet I am familar enough with the train wreck that the M's are right now to know that they are in need of help.

amoc6

Awards
the mets are just a terrible organization.They try to compete with the yankees and buy up as many free agents as they can every off season and hardly ever address whatever needs the team needs.i guarantee this off season they will sign more bats than they will relief pitchers which is what killed them this year