shaddow's REHAB Log

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Glad to have ya, bro! I almost feel bad though, cuz if you read yesterday's posts you'd see that I'm gonna begin my sponsored log on Sunday, so this log's only got a few days left... But thanks for dropping in regardless. :) And keep an eye out for my new log in the supp log section this weekend! :woohoo:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout brotha!!!

Damn bro you gotta get to the gym earlier so they stop kicking ya out...lol

Anyway, progess is looking great, keep it up....looking forward to the stack ya got coming up...

Nice work Bro!
Thanks bro! Countin' down the days... :woohoo:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Glad to have ya, bro! I almost feel bad though, cuz if you read yesterday's posts you'd see that I'm gonna begin my sponsored log on Sunday, so this log's only got a few days left... But thanks for dropping in regardless. :) And keep an eye out for my new log in the supp log section this weekend! :woohoo:
No worries. Just ping the link in here... and off I go.

I'm not sure you'll enjoy what I bring to logs... anyway, I warned you.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
better late than never.

everything seems to be looking positive man, just keep up the hard work!

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
better late than never.
AGREE.

And keep an eye out for my new log in the supp log section this weekend! :woohoo:
We'll definitely keep an eye on you Shaddow :lol:

Keep climbing !! :head:

By the way, I agree with Metroba about separating the chest/shoulder workout, however, there is nothing wrong with continuing with your current program and after 4 weeks or so swapping over...so the body doesn't get used to any particular routine ;)

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I did a bit of thinking, and I decided that the routine I was planning to switch to next week probably wouldn't work out too well since I can't really do squats or deadlifts while I'm rehabbing my hammy. So I think I'm gonna probably do a different routine next week; probably either 3 or 4 days in the gym, still haven't made up my mind. I decided to switch it up and do back instead of shoulders for my workout yesterday, and I'll go ahead and hit up shoulders on Friday.

Got home from work late... AGAIN... Popped an AP and some RPM, and waited about 30 minutes before eating some oatmeal. For some reason my lower back started tightening up on me again right as I sat down to eat. On back day. Great. I started losing my desire to workout... :frustrate I decided to stretch it out a bit and try to see if I couldn't loosen it up, but I wasn't getting anywhere. There's only one thing I could do at this point. Hard, fast, loud music NOW.

This workout was brought to you by Pendulum.

YouTube - Pendulum - Showdown

Ok, got to the gym and did a little more stretching cuz my back was still stiff as a board. This proved to be an exercise in futility. **** it. Time to lift anyways. :aargh:

Bodyweight pull-ups

Strength is still down bit, but I'm coming along. I should be able to do at least a dozen.

One arm dumbbell rows
80 x 12
90 x 8 (Wow, these were rough on my hammy!)
100 x 5

Strength's still down a bit on these, but it was more my hamstring holding me back. I could really feel the tension on these, and it might've been a little risky going so heavy, but I made it out alive.

Cable rows
160 x 12
160 x 12
160 x 12

These were also very tough on my hamstring, as well as on my lower back. Had to use strict form, and I got a little nervous to go up in weight on these, so I stayed at 160 for all 3 sets. Decided to move onto T-bar rows to try to get a little heavier, but my back was already pretty spent at this point.

T-bar rows
90 x 12
115 x 9
135 x 5

Weaksauce! But I really was stiff and spent. Ok, maybe one last exercise...

Cable straight arm pulldowns
120 x 20
140 x 15
150 x 12

Time to do arms! Since I began with my focus on bis last time, this time I decided to start out with triceps.

Dumbbell triceps extensions
60 x 20 - I started getting a NASTY headache after my first set and actually had to rest for a few minutes. It wasn't going away, but I was determined not to let it stop me, so I continued with my head throbbing.
80 x 12
90 x 10
100 x 6

Rope triceps extensions supersetted with cable curls
120 x 15 / 120 x 15
140 x 12 / 140 x 12
150 (stack) x 12 / 150 x 12

My headache was still bugging me but I fought through it and barely finished that last set. Ended up slamming the weights pretty hard upon finishing. Thank God nobody was around to hear it.

Time to get that leg stronger!!

Single leg presses
30 x 30
40 x 30
50 x 25
60 x 20
60 x 15

Seated leg curl
25 x 20
30 x 15
25 x 20
25 x 20

Got done with these and decided to hit up the stair-climber-machine-thingy. Only did a few minutes cuz my head was still hurting and I was spent.

All in all, I had a pretty good workout despite my back, leg, and head all giving me problems. I'm gonna take it easy tonight and try to get to bed a bit earlier cuz I ended up staying up until 2-something last night and woke up at 7, and I'm exhausted. My allergies have been killing me all day too, so it's been a pretty miserable day for me. I can't wait to leave work. 2.5 more hours. I wonder if anyone will notice if I take a nap at my desk... Tomorrow's shoulder day. I can't wait to tear it up! :aargh:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
better late than never.

everything seems to be looking positive man, just keep up the hard work!
Nice to have you... For like 2 more days... haha. I'll post a link to my sponsored log that's kicking off this weekend once I get it started. :)

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
AGREE.

We'll definitely keep an eye on you Shaddow :lol:

Keep climbing !! :head:

By the way, I agree with Metroba about separating the chest/shoulder workout, however, there is nothing wrong with continuing with your current program and after 4 weeks or so swapping over...so the body doesn't get used to any particular routine ;)
Nice to have you too! Funny enough, I ended up swapping my back and shoulder workouts. Errr, I mean, I did it just for you! :lol:

New log is kicking off this weekend so check back here for the link or keep an eye on the Supplement Logs section! :)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ohhh someone has a crush. :rolleyes: jus messin shaddow :stick:...but not really..shhh

Killer workout man! Why did you decide to eat so soon after dosing RPM? Thats prob what killed your motivation at the beginning like you mentioned. But you did prevail and made that gym your b1tch!

LiveWire224

LiveWire224

Awards
  • Established
Nice Pendulum!! Good choice.

Great Workout Broski!!!!!!!

Shaddow is back on his grind...way togo!!

I hear ya on the God DAMN allergies!! WTF!

Very motivational workout...im pumped now!

Get some rest and tear dem shoulders up Soldier!!!!

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
ohhh someone has a crush. :rolleyes: jus messin shaddow :stick:...but not really..shhh
I'm not a player, I just crush a lot.

Killer workout man! Why did you decide to eat so soon after dosing RPM? Thats prob what killed your motivation at the beginning like you mentioned. But you did prevail and made that gym your b1tch!
Cuz I was hungry? LOL. Nah, I always do that. Here's my routine:
RPM ---> Wait 20 minutes ---> AP ---> Wait 20-30 minutes ---> Oatmeal & protein ---> BCAA's ---> Drive to the gym ---> Stretch out ---> Workout (while sipping BCAA's) ---> AP ---> Wait 20 minutes ---> Oatmeal & protein ---> BIG MEAL. :afro:

I figure by the 40-50 minute mark, the RPM should be in my system, so the food shouldn't affect it too much. I have to eat before the gym though, cuz otherwise I get tired/hungry and my workout lags. It really wasn't the food or the RPM that made me lose motivation, it was my damn stiff back. With a stiff back and a tight hamstring, it's hard to even walk around. I'm not *****ing though. Just gotta push harder. :aargh:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Nice Pendulum!! Good choice.

Great Workout Broski!!!!!!!

Shaddow is back on his grind...way togo!!

I hear ya on the God DAMN allergies!! WTF!

Very motivational workout...im pumped now!

Get some rest and tear dem shoulders up Soldier!!!!
Pendulum is my sh1t! They ALWAYS pump me up! :aargh: Thanks brotha!

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Looks like SOMEONE stole my thought !

Thats prob what killed your motivation at the beginning like you mentioned. But you did prevail and made that gym your b1tch!

:hammer: :smite:
Ok, lemme try to explain again... I *always* do that. Regardless of the stimulant I take pre-workout, I always eat oatmeal about 40-50 minutes after dosing, and immediately before heading to the gym. Why? Because I cannot workout without food in my stomach. Hunger pangs will destroy my workout, so I have to eat. I eat about 30 minutes before I leave work, and unfortunately my commute is over an hour long, so by the time I get home, unwind, and get ready for the gym, it's anywhere from 2-3+ hours from my last meal, and that means food time.

So the lack of motivation was NOT related to the RPM or food. It was the combination of my back stiffening up (which happens occasionally as a result a broken back I suffered ~8 years ago), and my hamstring being screwed up. Usually I will stretch my hamstrings out to help alleviate my back stiffness, but I can only stretch my left (injured) one so far right now without it hurting. I'm sure that my hamstring stiffness is the direct cause of my back stiffness, but there's just not much I can do about it until my hammy gets better.

C'est la vie.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
1. My leg feels GREAT right now. I know I'm nowhere near 100%, but I'm gonna push it a little harder tonight (while still being cautious) and try to do a little more weight and volume, as well as some additional exercises.

2. For my log beginning on Sunday, I spoke with Dave today, and I have a special "secret" surprise. I will be dropping Divanex and adding another compound instead. **** is about to get crazy up in here.

3. Shoulders, arms, and legs today, and I am gonna ****ing KILL IT!!!! :aargh:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That fact you that you dont edit your curse words so that we can see them, makes all the more hardcore :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1. My leg feels GREAT right now. I know I'm nowhere near 100%, but I'm gonna push it a little harder tonight (while still being cautious) and try to do a little more weight and volume, as well as some additional exercises.

2. For my log beginning on Sunday, I spoke with Dave today, and I have a special "secret" surprise. I will be dropping Divanex and adding another compound instead. **** is about to get crazy up in here.

3. Shoulders, arms, and legs today, and I am gonna ****ing KILL IT!!!! :aargh:
You've got me curious!

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Everyone's been posting meals lately, so I figured 'what the heck.'

Meal # 3 (1:30pm)
Tuna with salsa and mustard on 15-grain, salad, oatmeal with 1 scoop ON, cup of fruit, H2O

Meal # 6 - Post workout (10:30pm)
Grilled chicken breast, plum tomatoes, spinach, cucumber, slice of avocado, can of kidney beans, oatmeal with 1 scoop ON, cup of fruit

Actually, this pic is missing a banana that I devoured in about 10 seconds. :lol:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Love seeing the meals posted buddy!

Looks delicious!

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Workout tonight!

Shoulders & hammy rehab - arms were DESTROYED after shoulders, and I did bis/tris twice this week, so I said, **** it. No bis/tris today.

Today's workout was brought to you in part by Control-Z.

YouTube - Ctrl Z - Space Dementia

Pendulum, Control-Z, Screwface... These guys are the heavy metal of drum & breaks, and my energy level is through the ****ing roof when I listen to this ****. :aargh: Hit play and listen along while you read this so you can feel what I'm talking about. ;)

I warmed up by doing this weird thing I do on the pull-up bar... I use the inner grip so that my arms are closer together and palms are facing each other, and pull myself up so that my shoulders are about as high up as my hands. Then I raise my legs up and form a V with my body. Then I bend my knees, letting my feet come down towards my ass, and lift my ass up and forward, so that basically my back is parallel to the floor. Then I hang for about 30 seconds, feeling the stretch throughout my entire upper body, back, arms, abs, obliques... Everywhere. Then I drop my ass back down, straighten my legs, hold for 15 seconds, and let them down slowly. Then I hang as if I'm at the start of a pull-up, and stretch out my lats. Don't know how the hell I came up with this, but it really gives your entire upper body a great stretch and burn. Good ****. People probably think I look ridiculous, but I don't give a flying ****.

Shoulders! Round one! Fight!

Barbell overhead presses
95 x 12
115 x 10
135 x FAIL. ****! I forgot I'm still a little weak right now and underestimated how heavy this would be. I ****ed up! Lemme try that again.
135 x 5 DROPSET TO:
115 x 8 DROPSET TO:
95 x 10
Wooo! Those were rough!

Dumbbell shoulder presses
40 x 12
50 x 10
60 x 8
65 x 6

Dumbbell front raises
25 x 12
30 x 10
35 x 8 DROPSET TO:
Barbell front raises!
50 x 12 DROP TO:
40 x 9

Dumbbell lateral raises
20 x 12
25 x 10
30 x 8

Seated rear lateral raises
160 x 12
175 x 10
190 x 7

Seated hammer shrugs
180 x 12
230 x 10
250 x 8 DROPSET TO:
230 x 10 DROPSET TO:
180 x 10 DROPSET TO:
90 x 15

****ing spent by this point. Forget bis & tris! That **** would be pointless! Time to hit up my hammy!

Single leg seated leg press
40 x 25
50 x 20
60 x 18
70 x 15
80 x 12

Seated leg curls
30 x 30
40 x FAIL. I still have pain when I try to go heavy. Damn. Lemme drop it back to 30.
30 x 25
35 x 15
30 x 20
30 x 18

Done. Time to go home and eat (see meal above).

P.S. I am cussing a lot lately because I am ****ing excited as hell! Starting my stack SUNDAY!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :woohoo:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Killer workout!!! Very nice mah friend! And the song was badass too! I like to put some trance sh1t on my mp3 player every once in a while when Im feelin squirly. Im like :dance: in between sets lol

And I love bad language ****er!:D

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh and your meals almost made me spooge

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Killer workout!!! Very nice mah friend! And the song was badass too! I like to put some trance sh1t on my mp3 player every once in a while when Im feelin squirly. Im like :dance: in between sets lol
I can't stand trance personally; I'd fall asleep halfway through my workout. :p But to each his own. :)

And I love bad language ****er!:D
**** yeah! :D

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I lost 5lbs just from looking at your meals, bro, damn :clap2:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're trying to kill hamstrings, nothign comes close to heavy Stiff Leg Deadlifts, with a very slow lowering of the bar for me. I'm sore for days after it, which isn't that great because I can't even do my HIIT sprints lol.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Workout tonight!

Pendulum, Control-Z, Screwface... These guys are the heavy metal of drum & breaks, and my energy level is through the ****ing roof when I listen to this ****. :aargh: Hit play and listen along while you read this so you can feel what I'm talking about. ;)
Just did and now I want to hit some f...... weights :head: :head: :clean:

Damn you Shaddow ;), it is close to midnight here in 'Roo-land !

Will have to wait till tomorroooo :aargh::aargh::aargh:

Shoulders! Round one! Fight!

Barbell overhead presses
95 x 12
115 x 10
135 x FAIL. ****! I forgot I'm still a little weak right now and underestimated how heavy this would be. I ****ed up! Lemme try that again.
135 x 5 DROPSET TO:
115 x 8 DROPSET TO:
95 x 10
Wooo! Those were rough!

Dumbbell shoulder presses
40 x 12
50 x 10
60 x 8
65 x 6

Dumbbell front raises
25 x 12
30 x 10
35 x 8 DROPSET TO:
Barbell front raises!
50 x 12 DROP TO:
40 x 9

Dumbbell lateral raises
20 x 12
25 x 10
30 x 8

Seated rear lateral raises
160 x 12
175 x 10
190 x 7

Seated hammer shrugs
180 x 12
230 x 10
250 x 8 DROPSET TO:
230 x 10 DROPSET TO:
180 x 10 DROPSET TO:
90 x 15

****ing spent by this point. Forget bis & tris! That **** would be pointless! Time to hit up my hammy!
No, wait !!! Go back, rewind:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMjcjyQWUiw"]YouTube - Ctrl Z - Space Dementia[/ame]

...you forgot upright rows ! :p

Only:stick: Shaddow, AWESOME work :) :hammer:

P.S. I am cussing a lot lately because I am ****ing excited as hell! Starting my stack SUNDAY!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :woohoo:
Bring it on ! Round two: Slam it Shaddow :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnkM6A6aAUc"]YouTube - Pendulum - Slam (short)[/ame]

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
damn dood youre killin it even with your injury. and seeing you work your hammy like this is giving me some motivation to start pushin my shoulder a little bit more. keep it up brotha!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like that song/vid you posted dragonfly...:downloading:

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
I like that song/vid you posted dragonfly...:downloading:
Good stuff !!!
I wish the management of the gym I go to stopped the Britney Spears-and-alike trend :dump:

All my lifts increased by 10% when I got myself an ipod !

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just looked up some of that stuff on Rhapsody and tossed it on my MP3 player.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
If you're trying to kill hamstrings, nothign comes close to heavy Stiff Leg Deadlifts, with a very slow lowering of the bar for me. I'm sore for days after it, which isn't that great because I can't even do my HIIT sprints lol.
Still not quite ready for deads. DEFINITELY not ready for heavy deads. I'm hoping to be able to incorporate them in a few more weeks, but I've still gotta be careful cuz there's a lot of tightness still.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Just did and now I want to hit some f...... weights :head: :head: :clean:

Damn you Shaddow ;), it is close to midnight here in 'Roo-land !

Will have to wait till tomorroooo :aargh::aargh::aargh:
:D

No, wait !!! Go back, rewind:

...you forgot upright rows ! :p

Only:stick: Shaddow, AWESOME work :) :hammer:
LOL. Maybe next time. :)

Bring it on ! Round two: Slam it Shaddow :)

YouTube - Pendulum - Slam (short)
I was just rocking out to that in my car about an hour ago. Love me some Pendulum!! :head:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
damn dood youre killin it even with your injury. and seeing you work your hammy like this is giving me some motivation to start pushin my shoulder a little bit more. keep it up brotha!
Trying to! Thanks bro! And good luck with the shoulder!! :)

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Just looked up some of that stuff on Rhapsody and tossed it on my MP3 player.
What'd you get, specifically? My pc is a freaking mess (2 terrabytes of data scattered all over the place), but maybe I'll throw some stuff together one of these days and upload them somewhere for you guys to check out. I've got tons of great music. The challenge is locating it on my hard drives :frustrate: