shaddow vs. PAL ANABOLIC EDGE (sponsored) *PLUS* Activate Xtreme, IGF-2 & Divanex!!!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to hear about that bro, I know how it goes. I re-aggravated my slip disc day one into a 3-AD log and couldn't walk for 3 days, so it wasn't like, oh ouch, it was, WTF I can't walk! OR LOG!!!!!

I know your frustration. Get better and keep your head up, its always nice to take perspective when we suffer seriously debilitating injuries, especially if they're serious enough to obstruct day to day activities and that's at least you know it's temporary. when I couldn't walk for 3 days, I knew it was a temporary thing, I couldn't walk because of the sciatic pain, not because my legs didn't work and I was thankful I wasn't wheel chair bound for life or something. Stay positive and realize you have the luxury of this set back being a temporary thing, and in all honesty, whether you're working out or not, you don't look the type that's going to be having any trouble with the ladies and they always help :thumbsup:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ruptured hamstring. I'm on bed rest for now. No work for 8 days. No gym for 4 weeks. Rehab and take it slow after that.

**** me in the ass gently with a chainsaw. :frustrate

:(
Chainsaw ON or OFF? I'm not making light of your injuries and I also don't want to come off as an annoying motivation guest speaker, but seriously, this sucks fat mans salty balls after a 5 mile run in unwashed sweat pants, but be thankful that it's temporary. I only say this because I've been in your shoes, otherwise I'd just tell you to stay positive and having nothing else to offer.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like Im only a day late! Shoulders are monstrous bro!!! among everything else! GL with this one man

edit: fck just read post above mine. that sucks man. I hope you a superspeedy recovery

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
ouch man sorry to hear this. i can kind of sympathize with you. my biceps tendonitis has kept me from any chest, shoulder, and a very limited number of bi, tri, and back exercises. not to mention keeping me from a good amount of duties i have at work. of course its not debilitating, but, as volcom so eloquently put it, injuries suck "fat mans salty balls after a 5 mile run in unwashed sweat pants".

good luck with the recovery man. were all rootin for ya! maybe this will help:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like Im only a day late! Shoulders are monstrous bro!!! among everything else! GL with this one man

edit: fck just read post above mine. that sucks man. I hope you a superspeedy recovery
Bhaahah. Kick him in the nuts why don't you?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know my bad :(

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
FCUK shaddow! That's awful man. Here's hoping the 4 weeks goes by quickly.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Craaaap dude. I hope the entire recovery goes well. Definitely sorry to hear that.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the encouragement, guys. Saying I've been depressed for the past week would be an understatement, but I am up and moving around now, albeit with a slight gimp, so things are improving. I am keeping my head up, and looking to the immediate future of rebuilding myself rather than setting PR's as I'd hoped. C'est la vie. Gotta play with the cards you're dealt.

I still haven't gotten an email back from Dave, but I'm thinking I should reimburse Palo Alto Labs for the bottle they sent me since I can't run this log at the current time. I'm guessing he's probably pissed off at me for pulling some **** like this right when my log was supposed to kickoff. Dave, if you're reading this, expect a PM shortly.

As far as my plans, I WILL still run this log dammit, it's just gonna take a while longer than expected. My doctor told me no gym for 4 weeks, but I'm feeling bold and risky. I don't see why I can't do some light work on non-afflicted body parts, and I don't see why I can't start rehabbing the hammy with some (very) light work as well. I have been off complete bed rest since Friday, and I am getting exponentially better, although I can tell my hamstring will definitely take quite some time to get back to "normal". But if football players and other elite athletes can be back in the game after 4 weeks, I don't see why I should stay out of the gym for that long, so against doctor's orders I will be hitting the gym in a couple short hours. I may not be an elite athlete, but I have the mentality of one. And I've always hated doctors anyways. :hammer:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
careful bro. I know you will but still..and Good luck man

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ****ing despise injury and illness like a savage one-eyed whore of a hooker despises a John that doesn't pay. Dirty, ass-rotten, filthy pieces of horse ****. ****. Sorry. I hate injuries, and your experience is making me vicariously relive mine.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I hit the gym tonight, and it felt soooooo good to be back. It was like returning home after a long (awful) trip somewhere. As soon as I walk over to the free weight area a couple of the regulars are hounding me about my gimp-walk, and I tell 'em what happened. They proceeded to tell me that the gym hasn't been quite the same for the past week and a half; they felt like the energy there had dissipated, so that certainly put a smile on my face.

Got there about an 1:45 before closing, and decided to do whatever I could that wouldn't be affected by my hamstring. Started with pull ups, God I missed pull ups, then went to the Smith machine for incline and flat bench. Could definitely tell my strength was down, but I expected that. Lying in bed for a week will do that to ya. Hit incline flies, and moved onto biceps. Did some isolation curls and hammer curls, and then jumped to tris; seated dumbbell extensions, and cable triceps extensions. Still felt like I needed some more back work so I hammered out some awkward T-bar rows. I say awkward cuz I had one leg to the side, yet intertwined around the base of the machine, while my left (injured) leg was kinda floating freely. Definitely not ideal, but it worked and there was no strain on my hamstring, so that's what mattered.

After that time was winding down and I decided to try a couple quick hamstring exercises. Lying leg curls @ 10lbs. Not a chance. I felt sharp, deep pain on the first rep, and even with a leg assist from my right leg, there was pain in the motion, so I stopped. Hit the seated leg curl machine, and that was a lot better. I did 3 sets @10lbs for 20 reps. Tried to move up to 20lbs, but it was too much, so I used the smaller increment weights and did a few sets at 12.5 & 15lbs. 17.5lbs proved to be too much weight as well. LOL. That sounds pretty pathetic, but that's where I'm at. I'm not gonna push the hammy too hard. Last thing I wanna do is re-aggravate it.

Overall it felt great to be back in the gym, and seeing a bunch of the regular guys there made me feel like I was back at home. I'm gonna try to get in there 3x a week from here on out to do some light maintenance work to keep myself from wasting away for as long as I need to before I can really start attacking the weights. I'm listening to my body and I'm generally pretty in tune with things, so I guess this means I'm officially rehabbing. One day at a time. That's all I can really do. I'm gonna try to start doing some resistance band rehab for my hammy too if I can ever find my bands... I have a whole set somewhere.

One thing that has been way off since my injury has been my diet. For the first 6 days I couldn't stand for extended periods of time, so cooking was out of the question. I've eaten delivery and random restaurant foods more in the past 10 days than I have in the past 10 months.

I started eating better the past two days, and tomorrow I'm finally going back on my diet. I'm pretty excited about that.

As far as this log is concerned... I think I'm gonna keep it up and keep posting in it just to keep myself motivated until I can actually run all the intended products. I wanna say I should be good to go in 3 more weeks, but I'm totally gonna take it a day at a time and listen to my body and just see how it goes.

vi et animo,

shaddow

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I ****ing despise injury and illness like a savage one-eyed whore of a hooker despises a John that doesn't pay. Dirty, ass-rotten, filthy pieces of horse ****. ****. Sorry. I hate injuries, and your experience is making me vicariously relive mine.
Amen to that, bro. But I'm stuck with what I've got, so I'm gonna make the best of what I can, and take this all one day at a time.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
And here's a couple pics from one week after the injury since I know everyone's curious what a ruptured hamstring looks like! :lol:

Don't mind the laundry, it's clean.

The bruising goes all the way around to, and up into, my ass cheek. I couldn't walk AT ALL for 2 days (I actually fell twice trying), and couldn't sit in a chair for over a week! Yesterday was the first day I didn't feel like I had to lay down at any point during the day. Pics were taken Saturday. Bruising is still ugly, but not as bad. Tomorrow I'm finally back to work!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow man! Very impressive! Glad you to see your were smart about it - didnt doubt you for a second ;)

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Ok, folks. I heard back from Dave and I am going to shut this log down and start a new one back up as soon as I'm able to run these supplements, which will probably be about another 3 weeks or so... Maybe... I'm gonna play it by ear. One way or the other, these supps WILL be put to use as I attempt to rehabilitate back to my old self.

In the meantime I'll still be working at things. Maybe I'll start a workout log until I feel strong enough to run this supplement log.

Anyways, thank you everyone for tuning in, and sorry for letting everyone down. But I will be back!! :twisted:

(Well, I'll still be here, I'm just saying... :D)

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
As far as my plans, I WILL still run this log dammit, it's just gonna take a while longer than expected. My doctor told me no gym for 4 weeks, but I'm feeling bold and risky. I don't see why I can't do some light work on non-afflicted body parts, and I don't see why I can't start rehabbing the hammy with some (very) light work as well. I have been off complete bed rest since Friday, and I am getting exponentially better, although I can tell my hamstring will definitely take quite some time to get back to "normal". But if football players and other elite athletes can be back in the game after 4 weeks, I don't see why I should stay out of the gym for that long, so against doctor's orders I will be hitting the gym in a couple short hours. I may not be an elite athlete, but I have the mentality of one. And I've always hated doctors anyways. :hammer:
I hate them too, they always overestimate things ;) After a bad cycling accident they told me to stay away from the bike for at least 7 weeks. I was back on it hardcore in week 5 :woohoo:

After that time was winding down and I decided to try a couple quick hamstring exercises. Lying leg curls @ 10lbs. Not a chance. I felt sharp, deep pain on the first rep, and even with a leg assist from my right leg, there was pain in the motion, so I stopped. Hit the seated leg curl machine, and that was a lot better. I did 3 sets @10lbs for 20 reps. Tried to move up to 20lbs, but it was too much, so I used the smaller increment weights and did a few sets at 12.5 & 15lbs. 17.5lbs proved to be too much weight as well. LOL. That sounds pretty pathetic, but that's where I'm at. I'm not gonna push the hammy too hard. Last thing I wanna do is re-aggravate it.
shaddow
Hell yes, action is always better than no-action, looks like you're doing the right thing already. Continuing with your training using light weights is the best thing for speeding up your recovery, basically you are "forcing" your body to repair itself by not giving it a break. If you don't train the body has "no reason to fix the problem", the trick is to find the fine line between repair stimulus and total destruction stimulus :)
Good luck and keep it going ! :thumbsup:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Def get another log up Shaddow if you arent gonna use this one.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I hate them too, they always overestimate things ;) After a bad cycling accident they told me to stay away from the bike for at least 7 weeks. I was back on it hardcore in week 5 :woohoo:

Hell yes, action is always better than no-action, looks like you're doing the right thing already. Continuing with your training using light weights is the best thing for speeding up your recovery, basically you are "forcing" your body to repair itself by not giving it a break. If you don't train the body has "no reason to fix the problem", the trick is to find the fine line between repair stimulus and total destruction stimulus :)
Good luck and keep it going ! :thumbsup:
Thanks for the encouragement, dragonfly! I am def not a quitter, so I will be riding that fine line and doing what I can to help myself get better. :)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
link it when you do..please :)