seriouse problem~~need some ones help please!

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
i didnt know where to put this thread, its a weird problem...........okay, my little bro is........kinda small.....like i was at his age, he is like 15...120 or so, and around maybe 5'9" give or take a few inches......and he is skinny, but toned, and has a extremely low BF% and i think he is a ectomorph......"hard gainer"
but any way, he hates lifting at school because his peers pick on him because his bench and squat and other lifts are low, so i had him train with me and he has been lifting for about 1 year now with me at my gym, and people are *******s there (other kids in there late teens early 20s maybe) and i have watch them laugh at him while he is lifting because he obviously cant do much weight, and he gets embarrassed i think........so i talked to the kids and told them he is a noob and every one starts some where, and they listened to me, but my bro is still embarrassed.........what do you guys think i should tell him to help motivate him and get his mind off all the Bull Sh*t??

and i know this is supposed to go in supplement section but i have like 5 thread in there already lol, but what is a high carb, tasty weight gainer that i can buy for him?? i know homemade ones are better but he needs something thats quick and easy to make, im gunna have him take one for breakfast so its gotta be easy to make..........but his diet is good and he is taking creatine but i dont think its doing anything for him......any other thought on supplementation?? i know he should get to into supplements @ 15 years old.....but there has to be something to give him a little nudge.......

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
If he's 120 pounds it's a diet issue. He needs to up his food intake and put on some weight. Post his macro count up. As he gains weight he'll gain strength gradually.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
i didnt know where to put this thread, its a weird problem...........okay, my little bro is........kinda small.....like i was at his age, he is like 15...120 or so, and around maybe 5'9" give or take a few inches......and he is skinny, but toned, and has a extremely low BF% and i think he is a ectomorph......"hard gainer"
but any way, he hates lifting at school because his peers pick on him because his bench and squat and other lifts are low, so i had him train with me and he has been lifting for about 1 year now with me at my gym, and people are *******s there (other kids in there late teens early 20s maybe) and i have watch them laugh at him while he is lifting because he obviously cant do much weight, and he gets embarrassed i think........so i talked to the kids and told them he is a noob and every one starts some where, and they listened to me, but my bro is still embarrassed.........what do you guys think i should tell him to help motivate him and get his mind off all the Bull Sh*t??

and i know this is supposed to go in supplement section but i have like 5 thread in there already lol, but what is a high carb, tasty weight gainer that i can buy for him?? i know homemade ones are better but he needs something thats quick and easy to make, im gunna have him take one for breakfast so its gotta be easy to make..........but his diet is good and he is taking creatine but i dont think its doing anything for him......any other thought on supplementation?? i know he should get to into supplements @ 15 years old.....but there has to be something to give him a little nudge.......
id tell him something along the lines of "just stay consistent with this, and before you know it you will be bigger than those assholes picking on you, and you will be the one whos laughing at them". as far as weight gainers go, i usually make my own but cytogainer cookies and cream is delicious.

james1

james1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thats nothing, at 15 i was 5'10" and tipped the scales at a whopping 99 pounds lol. I couldn't bench over 100lbs at the time. Just teach him nutrition, and proper lifting techniques etc.. he will get bigger and stronger as he gets older. If you want just tell him you were smaller and weaker at his age.

on topic of good tasting weight gainers, I have only tried true mass, and cytogainer. Both of them are pretty delicious.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
okay guys, much appreciated!
thank you

geronimo542

geronimo542

Awards
yea definitly too early for any real supplements protein shakes or ok but other than that I would hold off. I would definitly have him eat and eat to gain some. And as far as people picking on him thats really stupid and immature I would tell them to F off cause they proly arent big themselves and im pretty sure nobody starts off pushing heavy weights.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
serious mass gets my vote. if he's an ecto, his diet needs to be spot on, as well as his training. 1 scoop pre workout (600 calories), 1-2 scoops post workout will do him some good. muscle milk is also really good.

if i were in that position, which i was three years ago, i would look into the 5x5 program for the next 2-3 months, then move to a total body workout on MWF for 6 months, switching out compound moves that become stale (gains stop).

his diet is really important, as well as nutrient timing, so hopefully you can get him on the right track.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I wish i started lifting at 15!!! I was a pussy when i was 15 though. Hated school, no confidence what so ever..

Anyway, teach him nutrition. Set him goals that he can break but only with some hard work. He'll soon start smashing the goals and setting new ones. That should pick his confidence up too. Maybe get him starting on self defense classes too?

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
oh no, he can fight damn well for his size, lol, wanted to get him into MMA with me but i havent asked him yet, want to see what his interests are, but i am going to get him started on a fresh workout program, (5x5) because i do DC, im gunna do a 5x5 for a little bit, and im gunna look into weight gainers, how does truemass taste??

True74Seneca

Eat, eat, eat, and eat some more. Weight Gainers Could also help. Just have him do all of the above and bust his ass in the weight room and it will all pay off. Just tell him to ignore those ass hole. Everyone has to start somewhere.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If he's getting picked on consistently, it's because of the way he's responding to the taunting. If someone made fun of me and said "your bench is puny." I'd laugh, point to my crotch and tell them that's because my biggest muscle is right here :head: I'm being serious, not joking for one second with that one.

I think you are on the right track with MMA. Sports can do wonders for confidence. If you're a fighter, I'm sure you could care less what other people think of how much you bench or curl, right?

Finally, 5'10" 120 is probably pretty typical at that age. You sound like a good brother who is seriously looking out for the kid :cheers:

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
yah i try because our dad is worthless :(
i started lifting just so he would get out of the house......im gunna start him in MMA!!

dcf143

Awards
that sucks man, if all else fails tell him he's looking long term, towards college,...where the girls get really really good looking.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
That's f*cking ridiculous, people making fun of someone trying to better themself. That's just sad. Good luck to you and your little bro. Get that kid to eat like crazy. Once puberty kicks in to high gear, with his training and diet he'll turn in to a monster.

Don't let him get discouraged by others. If people have time to watch others lift, they aren't pushing themselves hard enough.

Best advice would be to have your bro setup an AM account. There are a few youngins on here; wrasslin116, roidragex10 to name a few and I'm sure both of them would be able to talk to your little bro on a more even keel than some of the older members.

I respect you for taking your little bro under your wing and getting him in the gym.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established

man just convince him how he'll look 1 year down the track. Today they might be laughing at him for being skinny, but if he trains tough, eats big, 1 year down the track he'll be the one laughing.

As far as supplements. He should try to eat more foods but still he can take Protein supplements and Muscle Milk (which is high in protein, carb and fat). I take Optimum Nutrition which isn't that tasty but it is quite cheap as far as i know.

The stuff he doesn't need at his age is testosterone boosters and all those type of things. Protein supplement is just protein.

As for training, i don't think he should focus on bicep curls and those type of things. He should focus on compound movements.

Squats, deadlifts, lunges, chin ups, pull ups, dips, bench press, arnold presses and exercises which involve multi joint movements.

These power exercises are frequently said to maximize Growth Hormone and Testosterone levels which at his growing age will build thicker bones and more muscle tissue.

three main things:
- eat HEAPS
- rest 8 hours of deep sleep atleast
- compound lifts

i'm still a noob to bodybuilding, but doing that put heaps of mass on me and it is always preached by the pros.

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
Simple fix from what Ive read.

Plan A)
People laugh and he gets embarrassed by it, so now thats his motivation to stay on top of his game plan. If you ever see him not wanting to work hard enough or not eat as much or as often as he should, tell him not to let those same people say those same things about him in 6 months or 9 months. If he wants it bad enough, he will have plenty of motivation to get it. Just get it in his head that he has to eat enough to feed the muscles so they can grow. Eating isnt just to get rid of the feeling of hunger anymore, its to feed and accelerate the growth of muscles. All that hard work is wasted if you dont feed them. Keep reminding him of that.

Plan B)
You seem to be into MMA training, and you said he can fight well for his size right? Well if they keep laughing at him, just wait for them out front and pound 'em!

Plan A or plan B, good luck. :)

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
yah, i talk to them again and i told them they should push more weights before making fun of a youngster trying to get bigger. but the owner of the gym heard me talk to them and i think he is going to take away there membership........he said he will do more about it........but anyway, i have him on a better diet with green mag and purple wrath as his only supplements, and cytogainer, hoping to see good come from it........all i can say is i cant wait to get this mother f*ckin cast off!!!!!!! 2 more week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bulking here i come!!!

james1

james1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
real men lift with cast on. haha hope your brother does well

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I used to have problems gaining weight to the point of seeing a dr every month for blood draws etc..

The foods that helped me pick up minor weight then were milkshakes and bagels w cream cheese. Now since he is lifting I would go with chicken, fish and steak. Give him time. He is young and just needs some time. Now I wish I could keep the fat off and eat everything in sight.

As for the kids teasing him. I train my 10 yr old lightly in the gym and IF it were to happen to her I would use it to teach her to focus. Block the rest of the world out, as in the end ONLY you get it done! So who do you want to be?