Sean's Powerlifting Journey

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Incline bench sounds good man, I always say I'm gonna do it and stick to it.. But never do. I also suck at incline.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah incline barbell always felt so fcked up for me so I could never do it but today was good, plus I didn't ego lift it today so that's a plus. Usually I slap on 185 thinking I can rep it 12 times then realize I can barely do it on flat bench.
I incline pressed 405 about 5 years before I flat pressed it. I love incline work.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hate incline, I'll do it next hyper block myself. A lot probably comes from next to no real work in the motor unit department

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm alive and creeping on your all's logs.

Monday I did a warmup and 5 singles with 245, leg press for an adductor pump, reverse hyper, couple sets GHR.

Tuesday I did a bench opener, 245. I'll most likely open 225 in the meet. Then a bunch of half-kneeling facepulls and forgot what else.

Today I did lower warmup, 315 squat single, then pretty much a lower body warmup again.

Tomorrow I'm going in just to move and do something. Stuff for the shoulders and lunges probably.

I'm weighing 222 and eating whatever. I'm not sure if I'll weigh in at 7am or noon on Sat. I'll figure that out mid dayand see what I'm weighing.

735 or bust.

Contemplating a USAPL meet in November. A guy I was stationed with a long while ago might be doing it so I figured why not. 120kg class, no wraps, stiff bar.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell yeah

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
**** USAPL. Most bias, political, elitist fed out there.

That being said, SFW.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Go for it mane

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well my last few meets I was always on duty during a water cut so I used the medically calibrated scale at work that we use for semi-annual weighins. Now that I'm not working and using my scale at home, I find out that my scale is 3lbs off lol I got lucky.

Ate/drank like normal until 7pm. Took a 30min Epsom bath at 8, weighing 222.8. Woke up 217....with my scale.

Weighed in wearing sweats and tshirt at 221ish. Stripped em off and hit 220.something close.

So much happier this week not having to drop 8lbs.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not knowing the actual number is the worst. Ready to rock.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Kill it!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We have to wait til tomorrow??

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm confused now if you lifted today or its tomorrow on Sunday, but if you haven't gotten under the bar yet good luck Sean!!!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strong people like him always lift on Sunday lol.
I had a guy trying to put a meet together near me tell me he refuses to put a meet on Sundays because "After meets, you drink beer. And there's nothing worse than going in to work on a Monday beat to **** and hung over."

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I had a guy trying to put a meet together near me tell me he refuses to put a meet on Sundays because "After meets, you drink beer. And there's nothing worse than going in to work on a Monday beat to **** and hung over."
I dont drink anymore but amen to this

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Went 655/695/725. All whites. My competition took 720*. Drug test later (I'm clean), then the 3 judges sign off on it, then my front and side video is sent to Gene Rychlak to approve the lift. If he doesn't approve it, it goes to the 720* squatter, and if that's not approved then the record stays where it's at. So....I'm not going to say I got the WR, but I will say that I squatted 725.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Went 655/695/725. All whites. My competition took 715. Drug test later (I'm clean), then the 3 judges sign off on it, then my front and side video is sent to Gene Rychlak to approve the lift. If he doesn't approve it, it goes to the 715 squatter, and if that's not approved then the record stays where it's at. So....I'm not going to say I got the WR, but I will say that I squatted 725.
Yessssss. Nice work.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hell yeah

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah boiiiii

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My bro in highschool squatted...

Congratulations on the big dip - I couldn't even unrack 725. Don't get hurt on the bench and enjoy your pulling! That's been going great and in line for a PR there too!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
275 bench for second attempt. It moved very well actually. Tried 295 for a third and my shoulder didn't appreciate it once it got to my chest. No injury but just wasn't going to move.

Now time to wait another 2-3 hours to pull.

My deadlift opener will give me a 5lb total PR so as long as I hit that, I'm golden.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
275 bench for second attempt. It moved very well actually. Tried 295 for a third and my shoulder didn't appreciate it once it got to my chest. No injury but just wasn't going to move.

Now time to wait another 2-3 hours to pull.

My deadlift opener will give me a 5lb meet PR so as long as I hit that, I'm golden.
Nice theres 1000 right there only 2 lifts in

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Went 655/695/725. All whites. My competition took 720. Drug test later (I'm clean), then the 3 judges sign off on it, then my front and side video is sent to Gene Rychlak to approve the lift. If he doesn't approve it, it goes to the 715 squatter, and if that's not approved then the record stays where it's at. So....I'm not going to say I got the WR, but I will say that I squatted 725.
**** yeah.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deadlift
555 fast
600 fast
620 not fast but not slow either. was a good choice

1620 total, previous PR total was 1550 last year. Lifetime squat and deadlift PR.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Deadlift
555 fast
600 fast
620 not fast but not slow either. was a good choice

1620 total, previous PR total was 1550 last year. Lifetime squat and deadlift PR.
Exxxxxxxcellent.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Tomorrow starts the road to 750 squat and 650 deadlift and by start I mean recover lol

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tomorrow starts the road to 750 squat and 650 deadlift and by start I mean recover lol
lol yeah I'll take a nice deload week

and next goal is 650+ wrapless, at whatever bodyweight I need to be to achieve that

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
lol yeah I'll take a nice deload week

and next goal is 650+ wrapless, at whatever bodyweight I need to be to achieve that
Ive actually never even squatted with wraps... Or sleeves for that matter. How much of a difference does it make?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive actually never even squatted with wraps... Or sleeves for that matter. How much of a difference does it make?
Wraps, when you know what you're doing, 100lbs. I think top lifters may squeeze out a little more.

Sleeves- I vouch for zero lbs. It's just a matter of knee warmth and mild stability.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Sean is correct practice with wrap will gain u about 100# if the rest of your body is up to the task, such as upper back

Most Sleeves give zero

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Huh. Maybe i should get some and mess around with them a bit and see what happens. Ive never tried em before

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Huh. Maybe i should get some and mess around with them a bit and see what happens. Ive never tried em before
They're painful and don't carry over to your wrapless squat but if you're bored and want to see what you can put up with them, it's fun

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Freaking awesome job.