SARM in PCT: Bad idea?

Red Fox

Red Fox

Awards
Anyone have any idea if this is a bad idea, via SARMs (Ostra?) possibly inhibiting ability to recover natural production during PCT?

I was thinking of using it at half the recommended dose during PCT, therefor ideally avoiding the possible shutdown, while also retaining gains from tbol cycle. However, this is bro science and intuition which means absolutely nothing in the real world.

Thanks all, looking for experiences, science, etc.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I know people who have done it successfully before and recovered fine. But research does show it as being suppressive so be careful and get some blood work if you decide to go that route.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I ran 20mg ostarine for 6 weeks following cycle and followed that up with a daa/erase stack

Red Fox

Red Fox

Awards
SO nolva and clomid would be the way to go for 4 weeks after Turanabol cycle?

I was thinking of cruising on chlomid after, just straight staying on it after the 4 PCT weeks, being as how it doubles testosterone and we have not seen any bad side effects from extended periods of use.

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
Yes, I would say it's a bad idea. Even at low doses it can be suppressive. Don't F with PCT!

infraredline

Awards
Anyone have any idea if this is a bad idea, via SARMs (Ostra?) possibly inhibiting ability to recover natural production during PCT?

I was thinking of using it at half the recommended dose during PCT, therefor ideally avoiding the possible shutdown, while also retaining gains from tbol cycle. However, this is bro science and intuition which means absolutely nothing in the real world.

Thanks all, looking for experiences, science, etc.
Running ostarine (mk-2866) in pct is a great idea. You can run it at 15-20mg and it will not inhibit recovery.

Now is it suppressive? Very slightly at those doses, dr. Philip Filmenov has done research on them and has shown that as long as you dose it 25mg or lower in pct it won't have any negative impact on post cycle recovery.

You are going to want to run it from the start of pct for 8 weeks and following it just do a mini pct of recycle by purus labs.

Shrine

Shrine

Awards
I'm running it right now in PCT. Keeping gains and feeling mentally awesome. I will be doing blood work as well. I'm running 25 mg

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Running ostarine (mk-2866) in pct is a great idea. You can run it at 15-20mg and it will not inhibit recovery.

Now is it suppressive? Very slightly at those doses, dr. Philip Filmenov has done research on them and has shown that as long as you dose it 25mg or lower in pct it won't have any negative impact on post cycle recovery.

You are going to want to run it from the start of pct for 8 weeks and following it just do a mini pct of recycle by purus labs.
Still quoting russianstar huh lol HE'S DATED.

Keep osta out of pct, if not keep the dose extremely low. 5-10mg daily. Must I post the clinicals/studies for you again?

Red Fox

Red Fox

Awards
Still quoting russianstar huh lol HE'S DATED.

Keep osta out of pct, if not keep the dose extremely low. 5-10mg daily. Must I post the clinicals/studies for you again?
I'd like to see clinical studies. It states 5-10 is safe in PCT?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd like to see clinical studies. It states 5-10 is safe in PCT?
No it doesn't.

Originally Posted by infraredline
You run a full 8 weeks of it from the start of pct then you run another mini pct at the end of the ostarine cycle. At 15mg there is almost no suppression might I add, it's only once you get above 20mg a day that it becomes mildly suppressive. I would highly recommend it to anyone as a way to preserve gains in pct

Why? 3mg help preserve AND gain muscle mass in the original study in 07' (albeit the group of people were 60+)

Results: Ostarine treatment resulted in a dose dependent increase in total LBM, with an increase of 1.4 kg compared to placebo (p<0.001) at the 3 mg dose. Increased LBM translated to an improvement in the stair climb test in both speed (+15.5% ± 12.9 faster time, p=0.006) and power (+25.5% ± 20.3 watts, p=0.005). There were no serious adverse events reported.

Abstract-
http://meeting.ascopubs.org/cgi/cont.../18_suppl/9119

Don't you think that a TRAINING individual with a basic diet can maintain and gain with a 3mg dose if 60+ yr olds could?

This was my response the last time he insisted on telling someone can use 25mg in PCT. when 3mg preserved and added mass to an elderly group. So why use 25mg?

Red Fox

Red Fox

Awards
No it doesn't.

Originally Posted by infraredline
You run a full 8 weeks of it from the start of pct then you run another mini pct at the end of the ostarine cycle. At 15mg there is almost no suppression might I add, it's only once you get above 20mg a day that it becomes mildly suppressive. I would highly recommend it to anyone as a way to preserve gains in pct

Why? 3mg help preserve AND gain muscle mass in the original study in 07' (albeit the group of people were 60+)

Results: Ostarine treatment resulted in a dose dependent increase in total LBM, with an increase of 1.4 kg compared to placebo (p<0.001) at the 3 mg dose. Increased LBM translated to an improvement in the stair climb test in both speed (+15.5% ± 12.9 faster time, p=0.006) and power (+25.5% ± 20.3 watts, p=0.005). There were no serious adverse events reported.

Abstract-
http://meeting.ascopubs.org/cgi/cont.../18_suppl/9119

Don't you think that a TRAINING individual with a basic diet can maintain and gain with a 3mg dose if 60+ yr olds could?

This was my response the last time he insisted on telling someone can use 25mg in PCT. when 3mg preserved and added mass to an elderly group. So why use 25mg?
Ah I see. Well so what you're saying then is 5mg would provide gains or at least maintain them in PCT without much (if any?) shut down?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah I see. Well so what you're saying then is 5mg would provide gains or at least maintain them in PCT without much (if any?) shut down?
My assumption is yes. 3mg in 60+ year olds gained lean mass with little to no exercise, a training athelete/PL/BB should gain/maintain mass with 3mg as well (since we diet and train an all)

infraredline

Awards
I am going to respectfully disagree with you tyga. Again 3mg is not going to be enough to see the full benefits of ostarine (healing, muscle retention, muscle building, nutrient shuttling, ect). Also as I stated 15-20mg is going to have minimal suppression. You are free to disagree with me but based on my own research this is what I have found.

BigShadow

BigShadow

Awards
  • Established
I am going to respectfully disagree with you tyga. Again 3mg is not going to be enough to see the full benefits of ostarine (healing, muscle retention, muscle building, nutrient shuttling, ect). Also as I stated 15-20mg is going to have minimal suppression. You are free to disagree with me but based on my own research this is what I have found.
I have ran it at that dose during pct and to be honest I felt great. I've done enough of this to know when I'm shut down or not and I believe I recovered quicker running low dose osta during pct then not. I also run the clomid/nolva combo.
100/100/50/50
20/20/20/20
Osta 6 weeks 10mg ed
IMO this is a great pct protocol but everyone is different and reacts different to compounds. The only way to know is to play with it and see.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have ran it at that dose during pct and to be honest I felt great. I've done enough of this to know when I'm shut down or not and I believe I recovered quicker running low dose osta during pct then not. I also run the clomid/nolva combo.
100/100/50/50
20/20/20/20
Osta 6 weeks 10mg ed
IMO this is a great pct protocol but everyone is different and reacts different to compounds. The only way to know is to play with it and see.
So you felt fine.. Bloods to back it?

Not trying to be a jerk to you all, but I have one person disagreeing because an Internet chemist/doctor states he wasn't shut down and another person disagreeing because he felt fine...

bjordan

From what ive seen guys running the osta rx or the biogenix formula at 1 to 2 pills a day. It has helped them retain gains as they come off. But everyones body chemestry is different. I would use 1 cap a day to see how that works for you. Then if all's well next run try 2. Less is more sometimes with supplements