Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've seen these at Target and Walmart, it looks like basically you give a saliva sample, mail it out and read your estrogen levels. Does anyone know how accurate this method is? I figured for $50 in a pinch it could be a good way to monitor estrogen on cycle with having to do bloods but I just don't see how saliva gives a accurate reading

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've seen these at Target and Walmart, it looks like basically you give a saliva sample, mail it out and read your estrogen levels. Does anyone know how accurate this method is? I figured for $50 in a pinch it could be a good way to monitor estrogen on cycle with having to do bloods but I just don't see how saliva gives a accurate reading
I just googled this and found a few sites saying saliva testing has significantly improved over the years. Even it’s slightly off from blood it would be an easier way to test on cycle.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I just googled this and found a few sites saying saliva testing has significantly improved over the years. Even it’s slightly off from blood it would be an easier way to test on cycle.
I figure worst case scenario, if the accuracy is off but it's consistent, at least you can monitor if the levels are trending up or down

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I figure worst case scenario, if the accuracy is off but it's consistent, at least you can monitor if the levels are trending up or down
Kind of like how body fat calipers are not accurate but they're consistent in their measurements so you can tell if you're getting leaner or fatter even though the number itself may not be correct

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Exactly. It would be way more convenient than going to have blood drawn!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Kind of like how body fat calipers are not accurate but they're consistent in their measurements so you can tell if you're getting leaner or fatter even though the number itself may not be correct
I guess you could always have labs done, get your E2 results, then do one of those saliva tests as soon as you could after you get your lab results. That way if it does vary, you can compute that in when testing during a cycle.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I guess you could always have labs done, get your E2 results, then do one of those saliva tests as soon as you could after you get your lab results. That way if it does vary, you can compute that in when testing during a cycle.
I know but at that point I'd just do 2 rounds of bloods. I'm still going to have to pay for 2 kits regardless. What I will do is sometime down the road when I get blood work done I'll buy a kit and test it but for the time being I don't have the time to do everything all in one crack like that.