Safety Supplements for M1T

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Planning on running M1T in the near future.
Please tell me if I got the safety supplements down, thanks

On 15mg-20mg M1T:

NAC 500mg
Milk Thistle 600mg-800mg* (not taken with the M1T)
Hawthorn Berry 500mg
Co-Enzyme100 200mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid 900mg*
Potassium up to 1 gram*

*spaced out during the day.

thanks for your help

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I would like to know optimal dosages for these as well. Also, Is plain ALA suficient or would R-ALA be better? Thanks.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
There is much debate about optimal dosages. I take 600mg/day ALA & 625mg/day Milk Thistle while on M1t. Those dosages seem OK to me. I will probably add NAC next time around.

Regular ALA is fine, just not as potent as R-ALA & you'll need to take more.

NO MERCY

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. Isn't the r isomer of ALA responsible for its glucose disposal properties? Besides that, their protective benifits should be equal right?

I have read some research studies that suggested ALA does not deliver the full beneficial effects of R form. Hopefully, others can shed more light on this.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would like to know optimal dosages for these as well. Also, Is plain ALA suficient or would R-ALA be better? Thanks.
There was a thread somewhere(maybe not on this board) which explained that regular ALA is about 50% r-ALA. I remembered optimal dosages was 300mg per 100g of carbs - not sure.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
There was a thread somewhere(maybe not on this board) which explained that regular ALA is about 50% r-ALA. I remembered optimal dosages was 300mg per 100g of carbs - not sure.
Yes,but you are talking in terms of glucose disposal. I'm asking about liver protection. At any rate, I already got ALA 300mg caps. They were cheap so I'll probably use 900mg/day post cycle.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No idea how useful ALA is for the liver compared to NAC or milk thistle.