Routine for my lady

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
Looking for help setting up a routine for my girl. Should I have more squats or deadlifts? More lower than upper? Strength or size? And a supplement plan. Just the basics.

MuscleTrap

Awards
What's here stats, what's here goals, i.e. Show, weight loss, or strength.. what's she currently doing...

Allenfitz

Allenfitz

Banned
Awards
Id put her on abnormal as a supplement on blackstonelabs.com

Allenfitz

Allenfitz

Banned
Awards
& whatever shes comfertable of doing mainly cardio and squats and deadlift like u said but personally id have her do crossfit and cardio. No weight train just my idea

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
& whatever shes comfertable of doing mainly cardio and squats and deadlift like u said but personally id have her do crossfit and cardio. No weight train just my idea
why no weight training but the suggestion for crossfit? Im not criticizing, im honestly curious as to why you believe that's a good route.

OP I would just put her on some BCAA, and as far as workouts, minimal cardio (no more than 30 mins /session) and get her started on some machines for the first month. like a row machine, pulldowns, seated tricepts, leg presses etc... just to get her used to the idea of lifting and how things should feel (when flexing, isolating muscles etc). After she's more comfortable, start incorporating some free weights in her life.

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
why no weight training but the suggestion for crossfit? Im not criticizing, im honestly curious as to why you believe that's a good route.

OP I would just put her on some BCAA, and as far as workouts, minimal cardio (no more than 30 mins /session) and get her started on some machines for the first month. like a row machine, pulldowns, seated tricepts, leg presses etc... just to get her used to the idea of lifting and how things should feel (when flexing, isolating muscles etc). After she's more comfortable, start incorporating some free weights in her life.
I like this responce better. Forgot about bcaa. The DOMS is going to make it hard for her to keep her motivation up.. Women (sorry if offended)

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
I like this responce better. Forgot about bcaa. The DOMS is going to make it hard for her to keep her motivation up.. Women (sorry if offended)
what are DOMS?

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
what are DOMS?
Delayed onset muscle soreness.. I think that's what it's called. Basically the soreness of the stretching of the muscle fiber. Doesn't actually affect performance. Just feels like it does. ITS THE SORENESS

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
The DOMS is going to make it hard for her to keep her motivation up.. Women (sorry if offended)
thats funny that the soreness may make her have a hard time with motivation. im always sad if im not sore. i love post workout soreness (to a manageable degree). soreness is so motivating haha

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
thats funny that the soreness may make her have a hard time with motivation. im always sad if im not sore. i love post workout soreness (to a manageable degree). soreness is so motivating haha
Or just down right dehabilitating

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking for help setting up a routine for my girl. Should I have more squats or deadlifts? More lower than upper? Strength or size? And a supplement plan. Just the basics.
Diet is first and foremost. If that is an issue, she won't see results. Period. She will get frustrated by going to the gym so much and not seeing results. I would start out simple and see where it goes. No need to kill her right now. Start with the basics and tweak it as needed.

Compound lifts 2-3x a week along with various forms of cardio. I have my fiancé set up on a nice beginner routine. She's 5'7" weighs 130. We are focusing on strictly fat loss for now. She isn't fat at all she just wants to lose some of it then focus on muscle gains. She does cardio 3x a week and weights 3x a week. One of her cardio days is strictly an hour on the elliptical. She burns about 900 calories doing that alone. The other cardio days is a mix of stair master, jump rope, outside tire flipping...etc as well as HIIT outside running and on the stairs as well. When she does weights, she does them with me. I emphasize 6-10 reps on the compound lifts for her with tons of drop/super sets. She does an upper/lower split that she seems to like. I hate upper/lower split personally. Just doesn't work best for my body.

As far as supplements go, just stick to the staples for now. I wouldn't even look into supplements until diet is in check. Find what she maintains at and go from there. Allow her to have cheat meals once in a while. (A day on the weekend for example). Once her diet is in check, you can look into supplements. You can start right now with some protein if you want. Once you are ready to talk supplants, report back and I am more than willing to help.

I hope this helps!

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
Diet is first and foremost. If that is an issue, she won't see results. Period. She will get frustrated by going to the gym so much and not seeing results. I would start out simple and see where it goes. No need to kill her right now. Start with the basics and tweak it as needed.

Compound lifts 2-3x a week along with various forms of cardio. I have my fiancé set up on a nice beginner routine. She's 5'7" weights 130. We are focusing on strictly fat loss for now. She isn't fat at all she just wants to lose some of it then focus on muscle gains. She does cardio 3x a week and weights 3x a week. One of her cardio days is strictly an hour on the elliptical. She burns about 900 calories doing that alone. The other cardio days is a mix of stair master, jump rope, outside tire flipping...etc as well as HIIT outside running and on the stairs as well. When she does weights, she does them with me. I emphasize 6-10 reps on the compound lifts for her with tons of drop/super sets. She does an upper/lower split that she seems to like. I hate upper/lower split personally. Just doesn't work best for my body. I hope this helps!
Diet is/will always be first. DIET RULES!